lowerplains

goodbye side chat...i shall miss thee...

Honestly I hated side chat. Being able to talk all throughout the huge map was ridiculous. Plus those annoying people who voice chat in it was horrible! The realism of side chat in this game doesn't make sense either. Plus seeing all the people typing "Friendly??? Ill shoot!" in side chat was stupid because you don't even know who the hell they are talking to. Side chat was left in the game until direct was working properly and it is now so side chat is gone...The way it should be.

SIDE CHAT should only be accessible by a repairable CB radio that can be found in game at sites such as radio towers, broken down trucks, found vehicles, etc...

GROUP CHAT should only be accessible by a new grouping function and by having a equipable walkie talkie that can be found by looting.

ALL other chat should take place in the direct channel.

I love side chat, but it detracts from the feel of the game. Make it part of the environment (such as broadcast radios/CB radios) and I'm down but running around with magical telekinesis that allows you to magically talk and type to everyone on the map...nah...this aint WOW.

Side chat is working I believe...I just joined a 1.7.1.5 server and it had side chat going.

Yeah, usually I'm a goofy asshole bum-bandit. But now I can only be a quiet asshole bum-bandit. That's no fun! Well, I was really enjoying the game despite having no side-chat. But it was a great resource for entertainment. Walking 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 km in silence with no side-chat is... highly depressing. But hey, this is Rocket's mod. He'll dow ith it what he pleases.

yep' date=' taking away side chat was misguided. a minority of players do not like side chat, so side chat is removed.

a majority of players enjoy 3rd person(judging by server settings), a minority does not, now they are talking about taking that away aswell?

why not leave these kind of decisions to the server admin instead of making these sweeping changes to things that should be left to personal preference.

no side chat sucks, it ruined my server community that i quite enjoyed. i don't have anyone to play with and I enjoyed having people to talk to while running around the map

[/quote'] agreed

miss side chat

"who's shooting cherno?"

GOLD

This. This so much.

"Friendly in NW Airstrip?"

"Friendly in Elektro?"

"Friendly in EVERYWHERE?"

"FRIENDLY? FRIENDLY? WE'RE FRIENDLY DONUT SHOOT"

"We're not friendly, yo."

Those are the things that you will see. So much fun. :D

Unless you are in the FR3 Server. That's full of дружественных в черно.

+1, want it back as well

favorite moment:

Player A : Friendly?

Player A died

Player B : Yes

I miss sidechat as well. I mean realism is cool and all but really I enjoyed the banter and messing with people.

Player: Anyone in cherno?

Me: that depends are you the guy coming from the docks

Player: Omg how did you know

Me: I have a high power sniper rifle pointed directly at your head, stop trying to move around so much and go prone

Player: Omg plz don't shoot me!

Me: *snickering over at NW airfield because I totally just guessed he came in from the docks*

Anyway to be honest I have to say I would have been so lost in this game without the help of sidechat. The people in there really helped explain some of the core mechanics to me and hjelp me understand the clunky-ass controls of arma. Without them i would have never guessed that the crappy looking barn in the distance likely had 2-3 weapons in it or learn that swimming is the fast-track for losing your backpack.

You shant be missed...

your the 1 who is not going to be missed because you were never part of the server community

most of the people Daish plays with in DayZ he met in side chat

most servers have their own vent / teamspeak servers setup for players to join so there is some type of general chat for it

side/general chat is required in online games or people are going to quit and the game will be damaged

Just wait till Radios are reimplemented properly - so that people have their precious side channel back. But as a privilege - a rare one.

the main point of a general / side chat channel is for new players helping them get into the game you @#%#ing moron

making it almost impossible to get for new players is 1 of the most stupid @#$@ing ideas i have ever heard you have some kind of mental issues that stop you from thinking though your ideas before you post dont you

Some servers still have it ... and it's still comedy gold.

Was on one one last night, lying in Electro listening to 2-3 snipers shooting anyone who moved. When, suddenly:

Randomdude: "Anyone in Electro"

bangbangbang

*pause*

bangbangbang

*pause*

bangbang.....bang

*Randomdude was killed*

LMFAO

I said it before, sidechat didn't belong in this game, for obvious reasons. I shall not miss it. There are better means of communication, that fit better with the gameplay. Sidechat was very distracting and gave too much info about other players and their actions. Without sidechat it makes you feel more like a lone survivor in a hostile world.

I won't miss it, sometimes those chats were more troll-tastic than 4chan. Keeping it to direct keeps the game on topic and prevents noobs from making themselves a target.

Without sidechat it makes you feel more like a lone survivor in a hostile world.

^^ This. Sidechat was always annoying. Good riddance.

It is server side. I played on a server yesterday that had side-chat enabled and it was as annoying and distracting as I remembered.

"lol just dodged a bunch zombies"

"nice :DD"

"found some beans too"

"can you guys tell me what time is it on the server"

"hey guys i just started playing can you explain the controls to me"

"who's shooting in cherno"

+1 for server option [sC 1] in title.

There should always be choice.

+ 1

Please I've just registered in this forum to beg you to bring back the side chat...

I needed it so much when boringly running in a forest or crawling in a town for hours, it was the best way to fill the empty (but precious too) moments of the game.

It was on the side chat that good fellows helped me to handle the unmercy arma gameplay and so allow me to enjoy this bloody great mod...

Without side chat, I would never had met some great guys I'm now playing with.

Now the game is still oppressing and stuff but... it became kinda depressing...

I was able to loose my day playing DayZ, today I'm gonna see a movie...

Please bring the sidechat back !

P.S. : sorry for my english

i like they enfore direct chat. that way the survivor has to get close to me so i can shoot him because im so hardcore and they are just carebear

Side chat was used one night on an ANZ server to pick up survivors from petrol stations in a school bus, aptly named a "party bus".

+1 to have side chat back.

I personally didn't care much for the sized chat, but I can understand people who want it. I think it should be a server option, but moreso then that, I'd rather it be used for radios. I find radios will add a more realistic dynamic cause you won't be constantly hearing tards talk about crap that detracts from the game, rather I can imagine People using it as an emergency function like 'help, trapped on the hospital roof in Cherno' or 'I broke my leg in elekto, need help'.

In saying that, I think chat needs to be increased, cause it currently stands at 20, yeah? Maybe 20 m's for normal chat, and 40 metres when using shout or even caps, that could even attract zombies if you're close enough...