Sign in to follow this  
franzuu

The Alpha NEEDS a SUICIDE option!

Yeah, I believe there is a really need for this option. (For your following reasons)

However there has to be some kind of explanation for why this wasn't implemented from day 1.

Absolutely not then we will have people spawn rouletting again.

What needs to happen is the removal of coastal spawns and no suicide option unless you have a weapon.

• Like 3

I agree, just put a timer on it.

*beans were given.

Is there not already a respawn button?

There is but you need to get knocked out first or die ofc.

Edited by Chauz

There are just way, way too many ways to get stuck in DayZ at present.

Glitch through geography, get stuck in between geography, a little script kiddie f----t teleporting you into the ocean, breaking your legs in the middle of nowhere (which doesn't enable the respawn button, BTW), and sometimes, just because you want to.

It's an alpha, and we're supposed to be testing things, but what incentive do we have to look for glitches in buildings that allow us to get under the geography if our reward is having a character that is stuck under said geography literally until the next server wipe?

Please, treat this game like an alpha.

Bugs will happen.

Glitches will happen.

We shouldn't have to go complaining to some admin or mod system just to respawn our characters when we (intentionally or not!) get stuck inside objects.

I know I don't even approach an area if it looks like I'll get stuck in there.

I could handle losing my gear. I cannot, however, handle having to wait until the next server wipe to be able to do anything else.

Even if it's a command we have to use, like typing '/suicide' into the chat. Or '/respawn'. That would be enough.

People will use the respawn option to scum their way to their friends, certainly. But it's an alpha. Depriving everyone who falls victim to this issue, a way out, because some of the playerbase want to be scummy little respawn stabbers, is really detrimental to the entire project at large.

Don't search for them glitches, kids, or you'll be stuck in never-never-land until the server gods decide to start over.

Hell, even just add the 'respawn' option to the character screen on the main menu with a timer of half an hour between respawns. That would be more than adequate.

• Like 2

Yeah, I believe there is a really need for this option. (For your following reasons)

However there has to be some kind of explanation for why this wasn't implemented from day 1.

Same reason why your only indicator for all of the different ailments were stupid status messages. And why the game still understands the scripting language when they supposedly didn't need it anymore. If you need to use scripting for prototyping then keep it in a separate inhouse version.

Script kiddies in SA? Didn't rocket say that hackers won't be an issue?

Edited by chakijz

You should at least have to have a knife or rope in your inventory to commit suicide.

• Like 1

I absolutely agree, IF the Char has any weapon. 

For alpha testing purposes there has to be an option to do it that isn't connected to what you are carrying on you or your condition.

What if some hacker strips you naked and puts you in a box, wait to starve or for a character wipe.

Only when they are absolutely certain that there isn't a way to screw yourself or for someone else to do it can they remove the option. And even then they'll have to have a support system in place to help those that do happen to get trapped.

I bet you that I can slit my wrists with a can opener.

I like how it is now, respawn only when unconscious and tied, maybe add to those respawn while in water.

However if it's going to be implemented, I'm okay with it as long as it can't be abused to respawn till you get your desired spawnpoint.

Never had any problem being stuck, always managed to get out of glitched geometry, but if I'd get stuck, I'd probably change my mind.

I did a little merging here.

Huh, I searched for 'respawn' not 'suicide'.

Yeah, right.

No, he said that cheating wouldn't be as prevelant. Show me a game and I'll show you people cheating in it.

• Like 4

It should not be item dependent

Here is a pen suicide, the dude shoved it through his eye socket into his brain. http://scienceblogs.com/retrospectacle/2007/08/28/suicide-by-ballpoint-pen-1/

People have committed suicide by chewing through their own wrists.

"Its amazing that, with a 14 cm plastic pen stuck in his brain, the patient was still conscious enough to discuss his injury with hospital staff. What was he thinking as he slowly pushed that pen further and further into his brain?"

Not really the best option :|

Yea the Re-spawn should be clickable when ever. If you get stuck in some geometry or some other bug its kind of frustrating not beingable to even test, let alone play.