Sign in to follow this  
franzuu

The Alpha NEEDS a SUICIDE option!

the game APB solved this with a console command "/unstuck" there was a 20 second count down where you could not move but could be shot to stop it being used for combat abuse, it would also have to spawn you in the same area to stop it being abuse by people trying to get back to their friends or dead body to quick.

Im sorry but its needed,srs if i have to sit in a building because ive dropped through the floor im going to be pissed as .....

Oh sorry what this i am...

HOW THE FCK DO I GET OUT SRS....

im more than happy to show anybody where it is..

Suicide option?

Everyone will just kill themselves over and over untill they get either Balota, Berazino or Nowy Sobor spawn.

Afterthought:

Maybe if suicide option would be avaiable to you after 15 or so minutes of playing then it would be alright I think.

Edited by Frosti

I quickly did some actual thinking for once... maybe the Alpha doesn't actually need a suicide option. When we bought the game we were warned that there are bugs and that we shouldn't be playing it. The Dev team and the company are clearly devoted to the game and are actively fixing/developing stuff. Our purpose/task is to play the Alpha to test it, not to play it for the sake of playing it. We shouldn't be asking for stuff that will facilitate our playing of a buggy game. We should play the game like we will once its done and not make use of any temporary bandages for broken stuff.

If a suicide button is added then people are less likely to report that they got stuck in some hole and the bug will go unfixed. What if someone wants to kill themselves inland, they jump off a tower and find a serious bug. If there was a suicide button then that bug would not have been found as quickly. A suicide button has no place in the finished game so it has no place in the alpha.

A suicide button that is in response to issues with geometry, physics and hackers/scripters is the work of a lazy and incompetent developer. It would be the work of a developer that sold their broken and unfinished game because they wanted money. It would be the work of a developer of a shit game.

I would be mad at a developer like this that instead of fixing the underlying issues gives us a quickly slapped on 'fix' for a range of serious issues that will continue to disrupt and lessen our enjoyment of the game.

A suicide button doesn't belong in the final game, the devs shouldn't be working on it and wasting their time. They should fix what is there and create more.

To be completely honest, when I saw the last 4 seconds of DayZ's trailer, when a girl lay next to her friend surrounded by a horde - puts one in her skull..

That sold the game.

If you get stuck I would say OK, but it's a bit weird when you just surived and you kill yourself?!

When we bought the game we were warned that there are bugs and that we shouldn't be playing it. The Dev team and the company are clearly devoted to the game and are actively fixing/developing stuff. Our purpose/task is to play the Alpha to test it, not to play it for the sake of playing it. 

This is entirely correct which is why your first post earned you a shopping cart full of beans. People are going to buy the alpha just to game, there's nothing that can be done about that. However it is a very very minor downside if some gamer is spamming respawns to get somewhere better. The upside to this is that it only takes ONE dedicated tester to spend his entire playtest glitch spamming himself into buildings and respawning out after reporting locations to prove the importance of such a feature for the alpha only.

Alpha testers need tools to alpha test if they want to be effective, or they need a dedicated administration team to babysit them. Pick your poison.

Edited by mrscratch

I fell inside a wall and was stuck for ages, I had to leave the comp on walking into a wall till he passed out of dehydration, this needs to happen.

It's not the fact that you can kill yourself as a survivor, it's moreso that i've yet to see a zombie game where a bullet to the head was a last choice alternative (either way that b***h was gonna be dead in the trailer) and honestly that's one thing you see in almost EVERY Zombie movie, someone will off themselves rather than be torn to pieces. Think of it as a final resort (as would be in RL)

I agree fully, it would add nice immersion and you could make your own stories with it. Plus, if you want to re-spawn you can just suicide in an epic way other then just running into zombies. Sure it might be abused but to suicide you need a weapon and you can simply suicide by running into zombies anyway.

The problem is when i fell into the building i had 2 bloody zombies with me and they didn't even want to kill me,or the fact i couldn't kill them......

If it was a console command it would be fine for the alpha...

I just had to wait to die..what a long time that was..

yea, I'm about to do a chargeback, I've been stuck in a wall for last 2 days. I had just drank and ate to health before it happened. If I cant play it, I'm certainly not gonna pay for it.

Edited by just4me

The problem is when i fell into the building i had 2 bloody zombies with me and they didn't even want to kill me,or the fact i couldn't kill them......

yea, I'm about to do a chargeback, I've been stuck in a wall for last 2 days. I had just drank and ate to health before it happened. If I cant play it, I'm certainly not gonna pay for it.

Make having some rotten fruit/desinfecant/alcohol tincture with you a priority next time lol.

yea, I have like 6 small squares, and I'm going fill them with crap on a chance I might get stuck....anyway, after trying to my wits end to get help from support or something, 2 min after I posted in here, I logged in and was out somehow, dev must have seen the frustration and moved me...so I'm good for now. But they still need the respawn  available at ALL times, not just when wounded or such. I cant count the number of servers I hopped to in hope of a zombie being there to kill me, as it was a zombie that caused me to glitch in the first place while I was punching it to death.

I doubt suicide would be implemented, but your best bet is disinfectant spray and fresh fruit, know what I mean? Committing suicide without a gun is probably quite difficult. With an axe or any other melee weapon it would be hard to get a good bash into your skull. You could also try overdosing on drugs, I hear that's popular with the celebrities these days. 

Did you try SPRINTING out? It works for me, I always fall under houses for some reason