rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

god damn' date=' guys, he is a real person, with real life, and there really is no need for rocket to show up everyday just to confirm he is infact still working on the mod.[/quote']

SO FUCKING WHAT? WE WANT UPDATE.

Stop acting like a two year old.

*looks up cool meme on google, cba to post it*

I got my OA for free.

For what?

For what?

For being selfish bastard who only cares about a mod getting updated because you have nothing else to do, and not thinking about the person actually making and updating the mod. You go try updating a mod in a week with everything else going on in life with people yelling at you, like you did.

For what?

For being selfish bastard who only cares about a mod getting updated because you have nothing else to do' date=' and not thinking about the person actually making and updating the mod. You go try updating a mod in a week with everything else going on in life with people yelling at you, like you did.

[/quote']

+1

Leave rocket alone, he doesn't need to report to us on his every move. The update will happen when it happens, so just sit down and shut up until then if you don't like it.

"[NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated"

I can picture this being exploited on: Anything with ladders, anywhere there's popular loot, etc. I hope there's a way to dismantle them?

whatever you do rocket, dont stop doing things that piss off the newfags. Yes 'b/tards' some of us were on 4chan before anonymous and before moot sold our disgusting shitty little corner of the internet down the river. Don't let this little bastion of internet freedom die brother!

For being selfish bastard who only cares about a mod getting updated because you have nothing else to do, and not thinking about the person actually making and updating the mod. You go try updating a mod in a week with everything else going on in life with people yelling at you, like you did.

bla bla bla

Leave rocket alone, he doesn't need to report to us on his every move. The update will happen when it happens, so just sit down and shut up until then if you don't like it.

bla bla bla

Dont try to fuck my ears

RainbowJose, your a fucking idiot. You have 4 posts, and they are all of you being a total douche. have some respect for what goes on here and don't use this thread for your nonsense. You will not get an update until you are told you will. Deal with it and learn to play!

AT this point if I were Rocket I would update without telling anyone and just let this thread escalate, or delete it entirely. "For the lulz"

Bear traps! sounds cool.. But i dont think it should break your legs, i think it should like hurt your legs temporarly so u cant get up for a short amount of time (Like 5 minutes idk). Cus people are just gonna put them everywhere and its gonna be unplayable since u dont spawn with morphine anymore...

Bear Traps are not going to be used for anything except griefing - same with wire fences and hedgehog tank traps - for as long as characters are persistent across all servers and setting up a base (dis-concerning the placement of random tents, as wire and shit makes it only more obvious) is completely pointless. All three tools are used only to grief and need to be disabled until character IDs are made local to specific servers.

No... Bear traps should tear your legs off and make a snapping sound so loud that the zombies 225km away hears it and starts running after you.

Because bear traps aren't invisible. So you should be able to notice them in a doorway or something.

Bear Traps are not going to be used for anything except griefing - same with wire fences and hedgehog tank traps - for as long as characters are persistent across all servers and setting up a base (dis-concerning the placement of random tents' date=' as wire and shit makes it only more obvious) is completely pointless. All three tools are used only to grief and need to be disabled until character IDs are made local to specific servers.

[/quote']

why don't we wait to see what the bear traps are all about before saying how they will be used. and Rocket has said he's doing something about the barbed wire issue

One, we don't even know how rare bear traps will be, or hard to make. Nor do we know how big or small they are, or for that matter what they even look like, for all we know they could be neon glow in the dark traps.

As for being used to grief, this entire game is meant to do that. I mean the game is built on making it hard to live. "Griefing" in this game is easy to counter as well, called a toolbox, it does wonders. As for the snipers in elektro, check the back hill near the barn and obviously behind factory. If you get sniped in Cherno, I'm sure they are somewhere so obvious its hilarious(check cranes and hospitals, oh btw that capital building in the middle of the square), if not they are in the trees behind apartments.

No... Bear traps should tear your legs off and make a snapping sound so loud that the zombies 225km away hears it and starts running after you.

much lolz

I also agree that bear traps will be used for nothing but griefing and God knows we don't need to feed that monster any more than necessary. Shit, isn't the concertina wire and tank traps enough?

Seriously, what do we need bear traps for? I could see a purpose if they could be used for hunting. There are a million things that are needed before bear traps. What's next, whoopie cushions? deployable banana peels? cannonball shaped bombs with rope fuses? .357 revolvers with ridiculously long barrels?

I also agree that bear traps will be used for nothing but griefing and God knows we don't need to feed that monster any more than necessary. Shit' date=' isn't the concertina wire and tank traps enough?

Seriously, what do we need bear traps for? I could see a purpose if they could be used for hunting. There are a million things that are needed before bear traps. What's next, whoopie cushions? deployable banana peels? cannonball shaped bombs with rope fuses? .357 revolvers with ridiculously long barrels?

[/quote']

are you coding the mod, or is rocket coding themod ? he can decide whats going in or out the mod.

its alpha remember, its a test-bed for a future final version.

seriously, we don´t need post like your´s and many other in that direction you went.

i am looking forward to every single change. some are great, some i have to deal with.

btw. beartraps will be very rar, and you can disable them with toolbox (and you only can place them with the toolbox)

and let rocket do his job, he will say something when its time to ;)

Oh god... I have to uninstall the game again because it's consuming my life once more. I have a bunch of work to do this weekend. Not healthy. Time to switch back to just reading about Planetside 2 and letting that be the full extend of my gaming experience for the time being.

I also agree that bear traps will be used for nothing but griefing and God knows we don't need to feed that monster any more than necessary. Shit' date=' isn't the concertina wire and tank traps enough?

[/quote']

are you coding the mod, or is rocket coding themod ? he can decide whats going in or out the mod.

its alpha remember, its a test-bed for a future final version.

seriously, we don´t need post like your´s and many other in that direction you went.

i am looking forward to every single change. some are great, some i have to deal with.

btw. beartraps will be very rar, and you can disable them with toolbox (and you only can place them with the toolbox)

and let rocket do his job, he will say something when its time to ;)

These threads are also here so that we can voice our opinions in regard to the future of DayZ. This IS after all a discussion regarding the pending update. Is this your mod or your forums? When Rocket tells us he no longer wants our opinions, I'll stop voicing mine here. Until then, it is not your place to tell someone what they can and cannot say here. I believe that our opinions are valued by Rocket even though each one cannot be catered to.

I was not being rude or attacking anyone so you can cease your sycophantic posts.