rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

yeah' date=' all those 'target dates' are out the window. an update would be nice. I don't think we've heard from rocket for 2 days

[/quote']

oh no, rocket has not said a thing for 2 days!

oh my GOD, what do we do?

oh my GOD' date=' what do we do?

[/quote']

I DON'T KNOW!!! I was hoping you knew :(

You and you: Panic. The rest of you come with me.

oh no' date=' rocket has not said a thing for 2 days!

oh my GOD, what do we do?

[/quote']

I was thinking of putting his face on milk cartons :P

You know how the proverb goes. "He who sets a beartrap for others..."

I heard he quit because of the hackers. :(

there was a thread about that lastnight. it got closed and the relevant links were deleted. I could dig them up from my history, but I don't wanna get in trouble here

I don't think he 'quit', but apparently he is having serious issues with those trying to 'ruin' the game

all that is another reason it would be nice to hear from him, before all the crazy rumors start flying around...

To be fair he did give a 2 hour interview yesterday where he talked at great length about the game.

So, When is this update supposed to happen? And will it at least spawn us with a mokarov with 1 mag? pl0x?

I don't think there would be much of a future for DayZ in arma 3 if he quit now. Do not fret though I hear he is off planning the real world zombie apocalypse. It was the only way to stop DC'ing. Talk about immersion.

I don't think there would be much of a future for DayZ in arma 3 if he quit now. Do not fret though I hear he is off planning the real world zombie apocalypse. It was the only way to stop DC'ing. Talk about immersion.

I don't even know if you guys are joking anymore. Should I grab my fishtank and run? Where is this apocalypse starting? I don't even have a Makarov.

I don't even know if you guys are joking anymore. Should I grab my fishtank and run? Where is this apocalypse starting? I don't even have a Makarov.

Miami

lolnvm

+100

+∞

I think we'll find that rumours of Rocket's quitting have been greatly exaggerated. The link from last night was pure FUD, half of it was old as shit information dredged up in some idiotic effort to make the project look bad. Here in Australia we call it Tall Poppy Syndrome - people who lack the talent to do anything of worth instead make it their mission to cut down those who are clearly superior to them.

Rocket has been busy, that's all.

all that is another reason it would be nice to hear from him' date=' before all the crazy rumors start flying around...

[/quote']

god damn, guys, he is a real person, with real life, and there really is no need for rocket to show up everyday just to confirm he is infact still working on the mod.

if he eventually decides to take it down it will be so, given the crap he gets from all sides it very well might be so.

(i would never get as far tbh, too many kids on the internet these days)

but i doubt he will just disappear and nuke it from orbit. chill, pop a coke, have a can of beans and wait for things to come along. dayz should have taught you some patience.

edit: and yep, i saw the stream, it was really nice and got to hear some insight into the possible future of dayz.

kids making up stories of him quitting is really outstanding stupid.

all that is another reason it would be nice to hear from him' date=' before all the crazy rumors start flying around...

[/quote']

god damn, guys, he is a real person, with real life, and there really is no need for rocket to show up everyday just to confirm he is infact still working on the mod.

if he eventually decides to take it down it will be so, given the crap he gets from all sides it very well might be so.

(i would never get as far tbh, too many kids on the internet these days)

but i doubt he will just disappear and nuke it from orbit. chill, pop a coke, have a can of beans and wait for things to come along. dayz should have taught you some patience.

I would say, he will not stop his own project of interest, just because of some people. He is not even half a day offline and some people are already freaking out.

The 0.2.0r-Release from Project Zomboid took forever, but it still came out.

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I am overstepping my bounds, however I have seen people repeatedly ask / demand to know when this update is coming out so I'm just going to quote the FIRST post on this thread.

Target date is Monday. Backup is for Saturday during offpeak time.

Now what I gather from this, as since the patch didn't go live on monday, it will be tomorow (saturday) which he posted LAST WEEK, on the first post on this thread.

edit: I put the quote in red for those with reading difficulties.

I'm new to this forum so forgive me if I am overstepping my bounds' date=' however I have seen people repeatedly ask / demand to know when this update is coming out so I'm just going to quote the FIRST post on this thread.

Target date is Monday. Backup is for Saturday during offpeak time.

Now what I gather from this, as since the patch didn't go live on monday, it will be tomorow (saturday) which he posted LAST WEEK, on the first post on this thread.

edit: I put the quote in red for those with reading difficulties.

That was a week ago. Don't post if you don't know what you're talking about.

[/quote']

I just think it's best to set these things straight before they get out of hand. these kinds of rumors (in no way do I think they're true btw) can discourage people from buying Arma 2. people won't want to make the investment if they hear the mod's on shakey ground. regardless if this is just a "mod" or "alpha", it is the driving force behind the current boom in Arma sales

this has nothing to do with me. I just wanna play the new update. I too saw the stream, and Rocket said playing that version just wasn't as fun after playing 1.7.2. I don't wanna be stuck playing the un-fun version :cry: