rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

* [NEW] Players using ArmA X retail can play the game again after the last update stopped us all

hehe, wish granted

* [NEW] Players using ArmA X retail can play the game again after the last update stopped us all

I smell a patch around the corner.

Does this one need 94209 or a newer version?

Just 2 wishes:

1)Realistic vehicles that dont explode under fire

2)Realistic zombies that dont lag, teleport or run in any crazy and "immersion-breaker" way

Thanks!

PK' date=' this only requires an update to their database, Vipeax has been informed so i'm certain it will reach the top.

The problem is that it may take a long time to filter through the millions of entries :)

The issue is that the playerid is stored as an integer in the database (whole number) and the new playerid's have had the letters: wx appended to them.

So you can't store a "string" in a database field marked for integers only.

They need to update the playerID field to varchar(25) at the least to get it working, but again this may screw up indexing.

Making a small change in a big database requires even bigger planning.

Just be patient and have faith that rocket and co will fix this :)

[/quote']

I've been patient and still am :) Everyone else added there requests so i thought i'd add mine

Vipeax has already said that the fix will happen when the 1.7.2 update is rolled out but thats now 3 days overdue

Source > http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9124&pid=197558#pid197558

38 pages and growing of people just wanting to play test ... with or without bear traps

Nice addition! I will love the bear traps. Unfortunately too many ppl have learned how to get rid of barbed wire (crawling)' date=' and they are a way too large to place. Bear traps will be perfect to protect barracks and hi-loot spawn with tiny access we used to "control" with our clan. Thanks!

We'll be able to deploy multiple traps in tiny spots or they require some space?

[/quote']

"control"... what a cock. i hope a bear trap fucks you and your clan before you trap some poor sod who is just looking for a better gun.

Looking forward to the update! Rocket, could you please make crossbow bolts retrievable from a zombies inventory if you score a kill with the crossbow? All too often do I shoot a zombie in the midsection and they fall ontop of the bolt, essentially making it impossible to find. I think I got this idea from Oblivion, as when you shoot an NPC with an arrow, you can then pick the arrow back up when looting their inventory. I and I'm sure many other crossbow users would be happy to see this added!

I don't care what anyone says about you m8 but i think you're alright :D

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs' date=' kills animals, when activated[/quote']

Are you kidding rocket? These will be set on every doorway. I hope u will make them removable without toolbox

Better yet, triggerable with thrown objects.

And why is everyone complaining about bear traps? They're like zombies that don't move. You see them, you avoid them, you don't stomp all over them. The same exact rules for zombies apply for bear traps, cept that bear traps won't try to devour your flesh.

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs' date=' kills animals, when activated[/quote']

Are you kidding rocket? These will be set on every doorway. I hope u will make them removable without toolbox

And why is everyone complaining about bear traps? They're like zombies that don't move. You see them, you avoid them, you don't stomp all over them. The same exact rules for zombies apply for bear traps, cept that bear traps won't try to devour your flesh.

When you get chased by zeds and realize 90% of buildings have them in front of the door, you will realise why we dislike this idea.

I will just place them in barracks or in towers etc as a gift for a server hoppers.

Increase the loot chance of the beginner weapons. CZ !!! enfield and the pistols.

I was in Prigorodky because of the stable, barn and the other long building to find a CZ.

I tried it about for 1 hour and a great number of various server. Spawned, run through the stable, barn and the other and looking for a CZ.

BUT there was always a hatchet a ton of crossbows and again HATCHETS. After 20 servers or more, i found only 1 CZ.

10 minutes later i got killed.

Be better if we saw

You can. I do. Just use the ARMA2_OA_Build_94103 beta patch. Not the latest

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs' date=' kills animals, when activated

[/quote']

Are these persistent across server reboots?

If so, is the bug that makes removed wire, tents and tank traps come back after a reboot fixed?

If not, well, this could be hilarously sad...

Be better if we saw

Or' date=' just use the latest.

wire fencing kit is destroying this mod

i seen all around the building how are new player suppose to find some item if this has been everywhere and it fking hard to remove it even i have a tool

in real life u can try to prone and get pass them or atlest make a jump for it but this NO WAY

All those complaining Zombies shouldn’t run indoors….PUUULEASE. That is the one thing that makes Zombies super NOT-SO-SCARY. As it is you can just run everywhere, pull 30 zombies and run into a house and mow em’ all down.

Not taking into account glitches and bugs zombies would be almost perfect if:

1.They didn’t have to stop to attack. If this can be fixed they should be slowed down just a tad.

2.They move at same speed indoors as outdoors.

This would be dangerous and lead to certain death for those without a weapon. At that point maybe some kind of starter weapon should be reintroduced (melee flashlight?).

Its wednesday. Wasnt this update supposed to be out on Monday?

OMG I CANT BELIEVE IT ! I even excuse you for the broken legs and bleeding mechanic. Just let me save my character to play later on.

Today I spawned with this gear seen in attachment. And died to zombies due to broken bones AND infinite pass out bug. Sorry whoever you are.

Increase the loot chance of the beginner weapons. CZ !!! enfield and the pistols.

I was in Prigorodky because of the stable' date=' barn and the other long building to find a CZ.

I tried it about for 1 hour and a great number of various server. Spawned, run through the stable, barn and the other and looking for a CZ.

BUT there was always a hatchet a ton of crossbows and again HATCHETS. After 20 servers or more, i found only 1 CZ.

10 minutes later i got killed.

[/quote']

Server hopping. :dodgy: I finally found a cz for the first time in weeks but I didn't server hop for it.

Be better if we saw

Or' date=' just use the latest.

The latest what? Betapatch or dayz patch? Coz 1.7.2 isnt out yet...

HulkingUnicorn had some good points at the top of the page, but the presented solution was far too complicated. I agree with having a disconnect timer to prevent the exploits, so that should remain. A reconnect timer is also a good idea, so that should stay too.

What we need is a means to stop people rejoining other servers instantly, or even just going to the lobby on the current server to avoid damage.

My proposal is that when players press the "Abort" button to get to the lobby, that the game takes them ALL the way out, out of the lobby and out of the server itself (after the disconnect timer) and into the Arma2 server browser. If it's a busy server, that slot will be filled very quickly and it's a disincentive for anyone who intends to return quickly.

At this stage the reconnect timer comes into play and prevents anyone from rejoining the server, or at least from spawning into the game for a predetermined length of time.

It's a simpler solution, to use the real-world delay imposed by a full server disconnect. It won't stop dedicated exploiters but it will slow them down and maybe even put a few off doing it.

When you get chased by zeds and realize 90% of buildings have them in front of the door, you will realise why we dislike this idea.

that's what I worry about. I guess we'll see how it works out...

http://qkme.me/3pvx7d