rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Is it possible that the next update could ignore content and concentrate on fixing the "Loading", "Waiting" and "Losing connection" issues?

FIX:

zombies are not fixed yet...

the spawn rate seems to increase when u atract zombies to some place... im guessing the spawn point checks in a certain area for zombies, and as zombies were sent near the running survivor, they will keep spawning endlessly...

To avoid this, there should be 2 checks before spawning another zombie. One checks zombies "unagroed" near the spawn point, and the second check should look for zombies "agroed" in a bigger area. So if there are many zombies agroed, no more zombies should spawn.

I was playing yesterday with a friend, and with a single shot of the makarov i killed 1 zombie, then 2 more zeds came running, they were killed too, but then 5 more appeared... and within 30 seconds we had like 20 zombies chasing us... (this was on Polina on the orange house)

I cant wait for FOG!! Might happen in the morning (server time) or maybe during/after rain storms.

Instead of using the new performance ressources for more players/zombies (which i also like to see) i would rather suggest to add wildlife AI for the forests like bears, wolfes, snakes, etc.

There are currently 2 threats in the mod: players and zombies. This would add a third one and since there a many players that travel through forests, they would be no longer save there (except for other players of course).

Just my two cents after some people suggested bigger servers.

I think itwould be pretty exciting.

You all better hope fog does not reduce fps to those that already have it close enough to the mark as it is.. fog in games at times if done badly can really be a resource eater...

You all better hope fog does not reduce fps to those that already have it close enough to the mark as it is.. fog in games at times if done badly can really be a resource eater...

Operation Arrowhead actually has pretty good volumetric clouds built in.

takeonh2011110119165949.jpg

Shouldn't be much of a performance hit, if any.

fog, in RL, does not increase audibility. if anything it just decreases vision. I understand your thought process, and seems good in theory, but the affects of the water molecules in the air is negligible in relation to sound.

-I am a scientist

FIX:

zombies are not fixed yet...

the spawn rate seems to increase when u atract zombies to some place... im guessing the spawn point checks in a certain area for zombies' date=' and as zombies were sent near the running survivor, they will keep spawning endlessly...[/quote']

If this is really how it works then no wonder there is so much server lag / cpu usage. Doing spatial lookups (finding what objects are in an area) can be quite performance hungry especially with a huge area to search / lots of objects to search through.

Maintaining a list of zombies spawned by each building, and then only spawning more when all of those zombies have despawned would be much faster.

Alright everyone' date=' hear me out. Don't call me crazy, 'cause I know you want to.

Rocket, would it be possible to reduce the likelihood of weapons and ammo being spawned (excluding crowbars and fireaxes)? I feel like it could detract from all the banditry, and really, how many weapons would you actually find in this kind of scenario?

A problem that's initially pretty obvious to me, of course, is gun collectors; People who'll kill others for their weapon because it's better. I don't know, though, it might be worth a shot. Guns don't feel scarce enough for me, aside from the really, really good stuff.

Anyway, looking forward to the potential performance boost. Hopefully I'll actually breach the 20 FPS threshold! :D

[/quote']

If you make weapons rarer, how would that stop people from killing each other for weapons? If anything, it would increase this... because the weapons would be rarer, and killing people would be MORE essential to acquiring weapons rather than simply looting them.

If anything, weapon spawns should be more diverse. Spreading them out would help, putting Barracks buildings in a few other cities (NOT CHERNO, ELEKTRO, or BEREZINO) would work wonders for people... rather than walking into the uber-campable Barracks buildings at NWAF. Adding another military encampment would work as well, perhaps in a relatively remote location. Like a FOB in the middle of the woods, or a tent-city near Zeleno/Pusto.

I think Deer Stands should be tweaked as well. Currently, they're pretty much a one-stop shop for everything military. This should be tweaked. Military ammunition should be available as is in Deer Stands, but weapons should be rarer. I'm finding AK's, M4 CCO's, DMR's, and M1014's in a lot of Deer Stands.

Deer Stands should have higher probabilities of spawning CZ550's, which are nowhere to be found in my experience, and most other weapons with optics should be non-existent. Barebones AK74's, M4A1, M16A2's should be the rare spawns. M24's should be left in, DMR's should be removed from Deer Stands (I found three DMR's, in three consecutive Deer Stands once).

For the love of god, ADD THE FAL TO THE REGULAR LOOT LIST! I don't see any reason that the bone-stock FAL is one of the "uber loot spawns" at helicopter crashes. FN FAL mags should be available and FAL's should have a chance to drop at Deer Stands and military installations.

A modded inventory system needs to be put into place, akin to the one whereby a player can put attachments on his/her rifle.

Will you be able to combine makarov mags into mags for bizon?

That wouldn't make sense. Allowing it to use any 9mm SD rounds would, like the M9SD mags and MP5SD6 mags.

Instead of using the new performance ressources for more players/zombies (which i also like to see) i would rather suggest to add wildlife AI for the forests like bears' date=' wolfes, snakes, etc.

There are currently 2 threats in the mod: players and zombies. This would add a third one and since there a many players that travel through forests, they would be no longer save there (except for other players of course).

[/quote']

Seriously this would be AWESOME!

Also i find 1.7.1.5 a very good patch. But as others has stated, i think morphine is too rare and zombies break your bones too easy.

Instead of using the new performance ressources for more players/zombies (which i also like to see) i would rather suggest to add wildlife AI for the forests like bears' date=' wolfes, snakes, etc.

[/quote']

Seriously this would be AWESOME!

Also i find 1.7.1.5 a very good patch. But as others has stated, i think morphine is too rare and zombies break your bones too easy.

another +1 on the hostile wildlife!!! this would be...well.. awesome!

fog' date=' in RL, does not increase audibility. if anything it just decreases vision. I understand your thought process, and seems good in theory, but the affects of the water molecules in the air is negligible in relation to sound.

-I am a scientist

[/quote']

You are missing the point that the conditions in which fog occurs tend to be still and unclutter environment sounds, so you hear more of what is going on locally, although not necessarily be able to pin-point from where.

fog' date=' in RL, does not increase audibility. if anything it just decreases vision. I understand your thought process, and seems good in theory, but the affects of the water molecules in the air is negligible in relation to sound.

-I am a scientist

[/quote']

Fogs effect on sound transmission is not negligible, in fact fog dampens sound noticeably, especially high frequency sounds. Why do you think fog horns uses low frequency sounds?

(Today 02:56 PM)Piratesteve Wrote: Instead of using the new performance ressources for more players/zombies (which i also like to see) i would rather suggest to add wildlife AI for the forests like bears, wolfes, snakes, etc.

+1 This sounds amazing, imagine the fear of running into a bear in the woods or a pack of wolves, may even make people more inclined to team up for long journeys

Make the copies in the debug forest please have godmode. You know why Devs.

The morphine spawn vs broken bones in melee levels are a bad joke now.

can you fix that not every 50 times you get hit by infected that you legs is not breaking. because its soo fucking fast that i need to do every time suicide D:

Also i find 1.7.1.5 a very good patch. But as others has stated' date=' i think morphine is too rare and zombies break your bones too easy.

[/quote']

This...

I propose either:

a) Broken bones heal over time (say, one hour of ingame play).

b) Zombies don't break legs unless you are unconscious (being mobbed essentially)

c) Morphine spawn rate becomes much more common (like painkillers now)

d) A separate item is introduced, which is common, and can be used to temporarily fix up your leg, like a makeshift splint

or some combination of the above.

As it is right now, if you're in the middle of nowhere and far from a hospital, you might as well suicide even if you have rare gear.

Besides some bugs like several Zombies spawn in buildings at once, or beeing spotted by Zombies through walls and from a far distance the only real annoying thing is that corpses diasappear after 5 minutes or what was it?

I mean first off, it's not realistic at all. Zombies eat your body and the corps dissapears, that's ok, but I doubt they would eat your backpack or your weapon. Then the flies are still there. Everytime I hear some flies I'm like : Woop, maybe he's got some beans cause I'm about to die. Then I go to the flies position and there's either a dead body which I can't loot, or nothing at all cause it dissapeared. Another scenario : Me and some bodys got flanked at the airport and we were in the firestation. We managed to kill one of them, and were waiting for them, after around 15 minutes we had enough of waiting and went out, and it seemed they disconnected. However the body of the dead was not lootable anymore. Or I died and spawned on the coast around Cherno. First thing I want to do of course, gear up, therefor I go into the city and loot. And guess what, every few meters I hear flies, so there must've be dead people there. And from house to house I'm becoming more and more angry. And what I noticed, there weren't that many corpses before the patch. It seems people think that they now don't have to loose anything at all and rush from house to house or something.

Ok I understand that people who die just spawn and run back to their corps quickly, but I think it is worse now since like I said, for me it seems people don't care about their life at all, they just rush or something like that.

Sorry if this was mentiod before but I just had to share my opinion about it, I'm freaking out everytime I hear flies haha.

[/quote']

I was thinking the exact same thing when I first started playing. The woods are so boring and I was asking some vets if there was any other type of wildlife in stock Arma 2, and their response made me sad. Zombies and Bandits and Bears, oh my! Wolves would be cool as well!

I would also think a wild boar wouldn't let you come up to it and punch it in the face with a close-quarters bullet...

That wouldn't make sense. Allowing it to use any 9mm SD rounds would' date=' like the M9SD mags and MP5SD6 mags.

[/quote']

9mm SD rounds don't make sense because there is no such thing and no need for subsonic 9mm rounds

Fogs effect on sound transmission is not negligible, in fact fog dampens sound noticeably, especially high frequency sounds. Why do you think fog horns uses low frequency sounds?

because low frequency sounds carry farther

That wouldn't make sense. Allowing it to use any 9mm SD rounds would' date=' like the M9SD mags and MP5SD6 mags.

[/quote']

9mm SD rounds don't make sense because there is no such thing and no need for subsonic 9mm rounds

I believe that was a rhetorical question.

[/quote']

And are not as directional as high frequencies, so not just further but in a wider area.

Alright everyone' date=' hear me out. Don't call me crazy, 'cause I know you want to.

Rocket, would it be possible to reduce the likelihood of weapons and ammo being spawned (excluding crowbars and fireaxes)? I feel like it could detract from all the banditry, and really, how many weapons would you actually find in this kind of scenario?

A problem that's initially pretty obvious to me, of course, is gun collectors; People who'll kill others for their weapon because it's better. I don't know, though, it might be worth a shot. Guns don't feel scarce enough for me, aside from the really, really good stuff.

Anyway, looking forward to the potential performance boost. Hopefully I'll actually breach the 20 FPS threshold! :D

[/quote']

If you make weapons rarer, how would that stop people from killing each other for weapons? If anything, it would increase this... because the weapons would be rarer, and killing people would be MORE essential to acquiring weapons rather than simply looting them.

If anything, weapon spawns should be more diverse. Spreading them out would help, putting Barracks buildings in a few other cities (NOT CHERNO, ELEKTRO, or BEREZINO) would work wonders for people... rather than walking into the uber-campable Barracks buildings at NWAF. Adding another military encampment would work as well, perhaps in a relatively remote location. Like a FOB in the middle of the woods, or a tent-city near Zeleno/Pusto.

I think Deer Stands should be tweaked as well. Currently, they're pretty much a one-stop shop for everything military. This should be tweaked. Military ammunition should be available as is in Deer Stands, but weapons should be rarer. I'm finding AK's, M4 CCO's, DMR's, and M1014's in a lot of Deer Stands.

Deer Stands should have higher probabilities of spawning CZ550's, which are nowhere to be found in my experience, and most other weapons with optics should be non-existent. Barebones AK74's, M4A1, M16A2's should be the rare spawns. M24's should be left in, DMR's should be removed from Deer Stands (I found three DMR's, in three consecutive Deer Stands once).

For the love of god, ADD THE FAL TO THE REGULAR LOOT LIST! I don't see any reason that the bone-stock FAL is one of the "uber loot spawns" at helicopter crashes. FN FAL mags should be available and FAL's should have a chance to drop at Deer Stands and military installations.

A modded inventory system needs to be put into place, akin to the one whereby a player can put attachments on his/her rifle.

FN Fal are so common at heli crashes that it is getting annoying.

In the last 9 heli crashes ive found, i have seen at least 6/7 FALS, and also 1 fal with the scope. But not much ammo which is weird.