rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Rocket - Any chance of tents getting a fix in this next update, please? It's been driving me nuts for ages, I just cannot place a tent no matter where I am! Cheers!

Rocket - Any chance of tents getting a fix in this next update' date=' please? It's been driving me nuts for ages, I just cannot place a tent no matter where I am! Cheers!

[/quote']

Not sure why tents are giving you an issue, we were able to place on in the middle of the woods on a sloped hill. Could never do that before he had "fixed" the tents.

For those having their Icons hidden behind the Debug Monitor' date=' try bumping your resolution up. This will give your screen more space to display the HUD and Debug Monitor without shrinking down your HUD so small you can't even see it.

If anything you could even increase resolution and hud size!

[/quote']

I wish the Debug Monitor was just removed from the main screen altogether (make it a toggle-able thing or an option to keep it displayed). To me it's like having global chat visible at all times--kills immersion! I mean after all, it's a friggen Debug Monitor, we shouldn't be seeing it at all, really (but yeah, alpha), and it's just in the way. Arma 2 doesn't show that when you play.

Not sure why tents are giving you an issue' date=' we were able to place on in the middle of the woods on a sloped hill. Could never do that before he had "fixed" the tents.

[/quote']

No, I know, I thought they had been fixed in one of the hotfixes this week, but i've been running around trying various locations to 0% success! :(

Latest patch seem pretty good so far, everything I've noticed as far as bugs go, has already been put up on here.

Only thing im not entirely sold in is respawn locations, I dont know if many people will feel the same but i find that now I'm getting used to the game, I wouldn't exactly hate spawning anywhere along the coast line. I mean when i started, sure, the closer to elektro or cherno the better but now... i reallly wouldnt mind spawning far north.

Just a thought, was wondering if it was even still possible to spawn any further away from citites. lowers my general life expectancy quite a lot lol.

Everything else is running pretty well, though I do tend to completely ignore melee weapons all together.

Best patch yet love it.

Could I suggest the zombie cooldown respawn needs to bve pushed out still a bit more.

I love the fact that you can lose zombies now. Even though they're stronger if you duck into a building and out the other side generally it's not a problem.

However I can’t wait till z's no longer hit through walls / stairs, the amount of times I’ve broken legs due to this is unreal.

You're doing a stellar job Rocket, and give me and many others countless hours of fun!

1. please revert/decrease the melee range of the zeds until you can find a fix the prevents them from hitting through walls. the increased melee distance you gave them recently just makes the hitting through walls thing far worse than it used to be.

2. also would be nice if the zeds spawning indoors would move after spawning. the small shacks are impossible to loot with a zombie just standing in it with no intention to move unless you agro it. this wouldn't be a problem if we spawned with a weapon/ammo but i don't think we need to revert that.

3. as for fog + sound, i'm not a fan. yes, maybe irl you can hear farther, but i doubt that translates into us being able to pinpoint just exactly where that sound is coming from without visual confirmation and some effort on our part (increase in time due to lack of visibility). the way the zeds know exactly where that sound came from (with no visual confirmation) is quite bullshit. there has to be a balance. the fog should lead to less visibility. but the way the zeds are operating, they don't need visibility to zero in on your position. this is broken.

3.5 make the zombies INVESTIGATE sounds, not instantly get a gps tracker on your position and sprint to your location in ridiculous speed as if they can see you. i'm fine with them having "good" hearing, but instead of them "knowing" where you are after they hear you, make them investigate the area where they heard something BEFORE they lock on you as if they can see you. please work on this, as watching zombies have perfect hearing to the point that audibility = visibility is totally ruining the experience. i don't think even 50% reduction through walls/objects is enough. nerf it further until it feels right. perhaps you could make it so that if a zed hears something, they will walk to investigate, and if they see something, then they can run. i just don't believe they should be sprinting to your location based on a audibility.

3.5.5 further, if the zed investigates a sound and the investigation leads to the zed not seeing anything, then the zed should bugger off and drop agro, not continue to want to eat you through a wall. *** maybe this is a bug with walls and the fact the zeds can hit through walls? does this also mean they can see through walls if they are "in/at" a wall?

yeah. but still the broken bones. fuck the painkillers. spawn me with a fucking morphine. or change half the broken bones to arms. restrict me to sidearm only when i have a broken arm, until i can get a morphine. at least then i can keep moving and try to find one. ive had 6 broken legs today. i realize rockets plan is to frustrate and piss people off, but this is just monotonous. i love being swarmed by a horde, i dont mind getting murdered. im not dead yet, but i do mind an unknown amount of crawling when i cant even see where im going to who knows where and who knows if ill even find a morphine when i get there.. so i guess i must suicide again. going in circles is cool.

to me, this is really the only thing wrong right now. everything else i can deal with.

1.7.1.5 - Running up a hill with my friend, feeling good with my gillie and m107, next thing I am on the floor, legs broken, -50,000 blood, dead. No zeds, no other players. Broken bones should be nerfed big time. I have broken my leg in real life, the femur bone is the strongest bone in the body. No one can punch you and break your leg, trust me. It took three large rugby players to jump on mine before it broke. If realism is what you want for this game, fix the bones breaking like twigs!

if its true and been tested that you will 100% always break a leg after every 5th zombie hit, and morphine just resets this timer, then well... that definitely needs to be removed and rethought and implemented a different way. no question.

**** [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog***

Cool modification but in reality, though fog does amplify noise, it also makes it impossible to tell where the sound is coming from. So in theory the Zeds should agro from farther away but run off in random directions

if its true and been tested that you will 100% always break a leg after every 5th zombie hit' date=' and morphine just resets this timer, then well... that definitely needs to be removed and rethought and implemented a different way. no question.

[/quote']

Lolwat, not true at all.

I've been playing around with melee a lot, and I don't get my leg broken nearly as much as everyone implies. In my experience, a single zombie hit does around 200 blood, only makes you bleed sometimes, and I generally don't get my leg broken till I'm down around 6000.

If noticed that when it's night there is some huge graphic glitches going on in the sky sometimes and other places like the airfield, you should check that out :p

* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

We have fog now? Jesus, fog at night is going to be some scaaaaryyyy shit.

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%' date=' means more players + zombies possible)

[/quote']

I hope we will not get more than 100 players on 1 server, i think that would be to much?!

Good work anyway.

Thanks for this rocket. i love what your doing with the game.

* [FIXED] Infected hear perfectly through objects (noise reduced by 50% through an object)

I don't understand this. How was sound checked before? (i.e. how is it now in 1.7.1.5?)

What about if you're behind a low wall/fence? Does the sound get reduced even if they can/should be able to see you over the object?

What about trees? How much of a tree/shrub do you need to be behind to have your sound reduced?

What about in buildings? If you're on the inside of an exterior wall and a zombie is on the outside is it really logical to expect they could still hear you sneaking around inside a building, from the outside? Does the effect stack through multiple walls?

Does the effect stack through multiple objects at all?

I don't mean to be rude I'm just trying to understand the mechanic.

I REALLY HOPE that the "super" zombies are finally away' date=' its un fucking playable right now. They are super agressive and see you 150m away. It kills the game.....

[/quote']

Yep, I can't bring myself to even play right now with the super sensed zombies. Hear you from across the town, Hitting through walls. Teleporting into buildings. 1 shotting us. etc.. Put them back to the 1.7.1 or whatever where they could possibly see you while prone and hear you if you crawled on a loud surface.

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

Fog shouldn't change the sound you make. Maybe it chill you a bit quicker because your clothes get damp. But not as cold as rain.

We have fog now? Jesus' date=' fog at night is going to be some scaaaaryyyy shit.

[/quote']

There's always been fog, just now it might/will have an effect on game mechanics.

If you are going for realism, personally I think if anything it would slightly decrease the amount of noise (Very slightly) because the sound waves are coming into contact with the mist. Maybe I'm just talkin out my ass but seems plausible.

If you are going for realism' date=' personally I think if anything it would slightly decrease the amount of noise (Very slightly) because the sound waves are coming into contact with the mist. Maybe I'm just talkin out my ass but seems plausible.

[/quote']

Sounds legit.

I thought no more features this time?

How about a "sorry no more space" and fixing the backpack's insatiable hunger for rare primary weapons!