rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I'm happy with everything in 1.7.1.5 so far bar one particular gripe' date=' the mega stomping random bone crunching hit that you cop every now and then.

I wouldn't even care about the Zombies spawning a metre from me if there wasnt a chance it could Mike Tyson me and end my game.

4 times in a row, after repeated hours of very stealthy and enjoyable play, all of a sudden a Zombie would spawn in a little woodshed or similar, right next to me and just smash my skull in with one blow. Each time this knocked me out, broke my bones, drained 2000 blood and bled me out waiting to wake up.

It was so sudden and so overpowered that it actually shocked me physically each time, and even though I had properly scoped the area and was using stealth correctly, a Zombie that close spawns aggro'd and ends you.

In the end I actually got some sleep for the first night in about a month because this disheartened me so much.

Im hoping this is addressed/slightly toned down/Zombie spawn shifted/ in this next patch.

[/quote']

While I haven't had to many issues with this myself yet, "I work alot". Many people have talked about it and how annoying is it.

I think its definitely an issue that needs to be sorted out. Even if Zombie spawning was implimented properly it would help tremendously.

- You cannot physically open your bag unless you are looking at loot or some other storage unit. It merely displays the contents in the list. This is annoying if you need to know how much space is there.

If you look at the top of the list you should see something like #Backpack_name X/Y' date=' where X is slots remaining and Y the total number of slots supported by the pack.

Zombies do not consider the Z-axis when listening/looking (they can hear/see survivors who are several stories up in a building because they are next to them, even though the survivor is in fact quite high up and at a reasonable distance)

This sounds like an issue I had a few years back where the getPos would yield Z coordinates above roadway LODs in models (surfaces you can walk normally on). I believe we've gotten new commands to work around that though. It definitely needs fixing at least.

- Items tend to dissapear when forced out of a bag.

Could you describe how you go about forcing them out?

- For larger items can we have some sort of display to indicate how many slots they take before we pick them up?

That would be nice.

P.s. I love someones idea to place your primary weapon on your toolbelt rather than your backpack when using melee weapons.

The same goes for the flashlight and handguns; as long as you can't abuse it to carry more weapons.

We "tested" a bunch tonight, found that zombies CLOSE doors, and then walk through them. Any chance to have the morphine rarity looked at?

Something wrong with the loot at 1.7.1.5.

I can't find any backpack. But I do found to may watches (like 15 watches for last 3 hours of play).

I have stream evidence of finding four alice packs and a czech backpack in a berezino supermarket. backpacks are definitely spawning.

We "tested" a bunch tonight' date=' found that zombies CLOSE doors, and then walk through them. Any chance to have the morphine rarity looked at?

[/quote']

We hit up the hospital in Berezino last night, and found 4 crates of med supplies, each with a ton of Morphine. It's spawning where it should -- in hospitals.

We "tested" a bunch tonight' date=' found that zombies CLOSE doors, and then walk through them. Any chance to have the morphine rarity looked at?

[/quote']

We hit up the hospital in Berezino last night, and found 4 crates of med supplies, each with a ton of Morphine. It's spawning where it should -- in hospitals.

Yes, its is spawning there, but considering how often zombies shatter your limbs it might need to spawn like painkillers. After all, pharmacies would have it not just hospitals.

Also Rocket, can you please have a word with your ARMA mates about the tonemapping for HDR lighting? It is so freakin dark in broad daylight sometimes. The choices are to look at the ground to lighten the scene via HDR or crank the gamma (not available in windowed mode) and then the brightness completely blows out during HDR high gain moments.

Please just fix a couple of things and this new update will be great. The "walking dead" style towns with heaps of zombies is GREAT if you just have some reward for going into them. Not even a big reward - mabye 2-3 cans of food and drink and a few medical supplies and a weapon.

And please make crouch crawling a LITTLE bit better. All i seem to do now is approach a town slowly... accidently aggro a zombie - have no weapon, and have to leg it into the town aggroing 10 more zombies and then when i search an office block with 31 spawn points. NOT A SINGLE GUN! Please just add a little bit of reward this isnt that fun at all.

In the past couple of updates you never mentioned that the female turning back into a black male bug is fixed even though over at devheaven u said u did.

- Leg breaking too common.

I'm fine with leg breaking, I'd just prefer to not get knocked unconscious during 86.93% of close encounters with Zombies. It only takes one Zombie to knock you unconscious and ruin the rest of your life. Once you've woken up, you're usually knocked back down before you can even kill one or two zombies. It's not fun sitting through multiple 20-second do-nothing moments while a Zombie mauls you. If you survive, you're usually stuck with less than 3k Blood (from 9k). During that time, you could have killed the Zombie and have bandaged up, leaving you with less than 1k-worth of blood lost and an actual chance of surviving.

I am perfectly fine with the 3-second unconsciousness while you have less than 4k blood. However, there is the bug that causes you to animate pulling out your weapon three times before you can use it, or most times when getting up into a crouch or standing up, you're forced into an animation of holstering a Rocket Launcher before pulling out your Pistol/Crowbar or Rifle.

some bugs to report, mirroring post in bug reporting:

The server I am on items are persisting once dropped for a day+

boats count as swimming apparently? and will drop your temp to 30.

the atv's bounce even after exiting them until they crash.

maps are shared somehow? I get notes from other people on my map which could lead to some interesting engagements...

after you get gps, your character data acts as if it has gps even when it doesn't

funny thing I saw yesterday.

A z decided to climb a deer stand and hide in it.

I didn't think they were smart enough to do that without chasing someone.

weirdest thing ive ever seen them do so far.

was near the tents along the road in front of the west airfield on the coast.

maps are shared somehow? I get notes from other people on my map which could lead to some interesting engagements...

Map markers transfer to others based on chat channel (ArmA engine thing). If you want a marker to be private, be in group or vehicle (while not in a vehicle with others) chat channels while placing it. Direct can be risky, as you might not be sure who's near enough to pick up on the marker placement.

Awesome job Rocket, when it's possible fix the choppers, they don't spawn on my mates server and i've heard Hulls can't be repaired..

Awesome Rocket! - btw the latest hotfix 1.7.1.5 has made the game so much better - especially for me with the whole throwing things to get zombies distracted - Cheers Rocket

faaaan fucking tastic' date=' you ROCKet :P

- add key bind labels and tooltips soon

- add a confirmation dialog when you click on 'respawn'

- remove 'restart' option as it doesn't do anything..

- make the moon appear every night

love you

[/quote']

yes!! confirmation when you click respawn would be a nice addition and hopefully a simple one.

Will we be able to use camo suit and guilie suit?

You are now...you should be fine as long as you don't log off quick when you put it on. Wear the skin for like 30 minutes - 1 hour, and you should be okay. I've worn camo on two occasions with no issue

I tried throwing a smoke grenade from a deer hut into a field (helo crash and houses nearby), so there were about 20 zombies roaming around, and 12 of them were right around the grenade. Only 2-3 reacted to the smoke, the rest ignored it. Not sure if smoke was tonned down, but I was a bit surprised given how they often react to thrown tin cans.

faaaan fucking tastic' date=' you ROCKet :P

- add key bind labels and tooltips soon

- add a confirmation dialog when you click on 'respawn'

- remove 'restart' option as it doesn't do anything..

- make the moon appear every night

love you

[/quote']

yes!! confirmation when you click respawn would be a nice addition and hopefully a simple one.

Confirmation on respawn would be great

Please add more morphine spawns or make the zeds break less bones. I have had to call my friends from around the map to get morphine on numerous occasions as I sit in a barn at 11000 blood with a broken bone.

Infected can still attack you through walls & ive noticed that sometimes they seem to be able to walk straight through walls too.

Apart from that loving DayZ so far. :D

I've noticed this as well. i was gimped through the bottom of a deer stand and also attacked through boxes in a barn.

both times ganked and broken legs fml lol.

Request:

- Increase food/drink spawn. Currently there's almost none! Been to 3 villages and found nothing but junk cans.

- Decrease zombie corpse despawn interval. It's frustrating to kill some zeds from the woods just to discover that their bodies have disappeared by the time you get to them.

The situation with food/drink is so desperate that i literally had to hunt zombies to get some cola and beans!

Request:

- Increase food/drink spawn. Currently there's almost none! Been to 3 villages and found nothing but junk cans.

- Decrease zombie corpse despawn interval. It's frustrating to kill some zeds from the woods just to discover that their bodies have disappeared by the time you get to them.

The situation with food/drink is so desperate that i literally had to hunt zombies to get some cola and beans!

That food/drink thing is variable. Some people find tons, you, apparently, find none. I find moderate. It is fine

if i really need food i go to a general store because there is nearly 100% chance to find some...

other spots seem to spawn far less food, i think that might be an affect of "loot spawn balancing" some time before...