rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Hey Rocket, Any idea on a ETA on the v1.7.2 patch?

* [NEW] Authentication process streamlined with new ArmA2 Beta commands (publicVariableServer and publicVariableClient)

This patch keeps getting better and better. Any ETA? Also, looks like a new Arma2 Beta Patch came out recently.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/

Patches everywhere!!! I love it. Each week is like playing a new game. If I wasn't getting paid too much to write database documentation I'd go be a game tester.

Cmon guys' date=' where is your sense of adventure!

[/quote']

Of course I'm willing to try it to test it. Just be ready for some feedback on what works and what doesn't. I have a few concerns about it already.

-Whats to prevent beartrap-spamming on the coastline to grief noobs?

-Is it allowed to be placed in buildings to grief anyone trying to hide from bandits or escape zombies?

-Can they be vaulted over?

-Can you disarm them using Tin Cans?

-What effective use could there be against animals? New dangerous animals maybe?

-Whats to prevent griefers from just placing bear traps at every entrance to any lootable building?

-How visible are the traps?

-Is there ANY safe way to cross them? (Crouch walk maybe, to simulate stepping OVER the bad parts?)

-Will morphine spawn locations be looked at as a result of this? Pharmacies in supermarkets would have it

-What happens if a vehicle drives over one (possible client/server crash)

[/quote']

i used to be an adventurer but then i got a bear trap on my knee.

it looks like the bear trap will rise chance to break leg above that we have in 1.5...

also there is i no use for them in the animal hunt cuz animal are rare(at leas for me) and its easier to just shoot them

Mmmm bear traps. Let the high-loot spawn bear-trap trolling commence! This sounds much more fun than deploying hedgehogs at the bottoms of ladders.

Liking the bear trap idea! I saw that in an interview a while back, jizzed a little.

Are backpack loot spawn much lower now? I've gotten everything again, three crashed heli sites but I haven't seen ANY backpacks. I've hit all churches and supermarkets on the southwest quadrant, inc. Cherno... Used to see a good number of them.

Also, can we get an ability to combine DMR mags for FN FAL? Just so it has a lifespan outside of heli crashes?

<3

Hey Rocket' date=' Any idea on a ETA on the v1.7.2 patch?

[/quote']

He says in the OP Monday (just gone) or Saturday. So I'd guess this weekend.

Yes, make sure there is a way to disarm bear traps (besides using your undamaged, beautiful legs)

Also' date=' can we get an ability to combine DMR mags for FN FAL? Just so it has a lifespan outside of heli crashes?

[/quote']

Pretty please!

Hey Rocket' date=' Any idea on a ETA on the v1.7.2 patch?

[/quote']

He says in the OP Monday (just gone) or Saturday. So I'd guess this weekend.

No, he says the patch was set for Monday and the BACKUP was set for Saturday (the Saturday BEFORE Monday).

Right, speaking of vehicles, the fact they explode from regular gunfire or crashes seems really silly. Mythbusters has proved that you cannot explode a car hollywood style even if you shot it in the gas tank. Maybe disable car explosions in the mod? I know it makes sense for a military simulator, but nobody should be firing an M1A1 Abrams unless they are hacking anyways. Disabling vehicle explosions seems like it has no downsides to it, other than maybe server cleanup or something.

If you spawn in the debug forest what direction do you run to get out?

Forrest: East

Debug plains: southeast

Helps if you have an ingame map and are on a server that lets you put waypoints with shift+M1, If the server does, you will see a waypoint on the hud.

bear traps are fine as long as you can spring them safely, with empty bottles, or active them with an axe or crowbar. otherwise griefers are gonna have a field day.

Bear Traps, that doesn't sound like something every griefer would wish for at all.

Right' date=' speaking of vehicles, the fact they explode from regular gunfire or crashes seems really silly. Mythbusters has proved that you cannot explode a car hollywood style even if you shot it in the gas tank. Maybe disable car explosions in the mod? I know it makes sense for a military simulator, but nobody should be firing an M1A1 Abrams unless they are hacking anyways. Disabling vehicle explosions seems like it has no downsides to it, other than maybe server cleanup or something.

[/quote']

Completely agree with that.

Make the vehicles unuseable under considerable fire, but dont explode them like in GTA.

Be better if we saw

* [NEW] Players using ArmA X retail can play the game again after the last update stopped us all

[/quote']

I used to be an adventurer, but then I took a bear trap to the knee :P

Right' date=' speaking of vehicles, the fact they explode from regular gunfire or crashes seems really silly. Mythbusters has proved that you cannot explode a car hollywood style even if you shot it in the gas tank. Maybe disable car explosions in the mod? I know it makes sense for a military simulator, but nobody should be firing an M1A1 Abrams unless they are hacking anyways. Disabling vehicle explosions seems like it has no downsides to it, other than maybe server cleanup or something.

[/quote']

I would sign this, vehicle explosions are in fact very uncommon if not impossible.

PK, this only requires an update to their database, Vipeax has been informed so i'm certain it will reach the top.

The problem is that it may take a long time to filter through the millions of entries :)

The issue is that the playerid is stored as an integer in the database (whole number) and the new playerid's have had the letters: wx appended to them.

So you can't store a "string" in a database field marked for integers only.

They need to update the playerID field to varchar(25) at the least to get it working, but again this may screw up indexing.

Making a small change in a big database requires even bigger planning.

Just be patient and have faith that rocket and co will fix this :)

Bear traps = awesome.

Agree.

I like how the community has been saying "hey, Rocket, our legs break to often", and he replies "here, have some beartraps!".

I'm really looking forward to this patch.

That said, I never break my legs, and hospitals have more morphine than God.

Tips to not breaking legs:

*Walk through doorways, don't crawl. If Z'ds are near, wait.

*Sneak, that means assholes and elbows people.

*Stay away from walls. Hudson already told you in Aliens, didn't he?

"They're coming outta the walls. They're coming outta the goddamn walls. Let's book!"

He did.

* [NEW] Set Bear Traps that break player and infected legs, kills animals, when activated

Are you kidding rocket? These will be set on every doorway. I hope u will make them removable without toolbox

* [NEW] Players using ArmA X retail can play the game again after the last update stopped us all