rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

That's happened so often' date=' I never even bother running with those sorts of "spec ops" groups. Way too cocky, way too easy to overrun.

[/quote']

Come play with us then, we're just a group of people from these here forums that wanted to play together, so we set up a mumble and now there's like 6 of us. Yesterday we raided NW airfield with just hatchets :D

Add me on steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/porydan2

Question regarding the * [NEW] Exponent driven probability introduced into visibility calculation

Does that work in reverse as well. If we are visibility 110m and the infected is at 100m is there a low chance it will not see us.

Just saying it should work in both directions:)

Also regarding the "invisible" when close post. I kind of thought of being stationary and prone as 'playing dead' as you sometimes see in the zombie shows and movies (the playing dead part not the prone part). It would depend on how zombie senses work for the world Rocket has envisioned but the play dead option is a cool last resort if a Zed is stumbling your way and you have no where to go.

Actually, these aren't zombies at all as for as I'm concerned. Its people on Bathsalts, plain and simple.

I am a solo survivor. Always have been. After a while i got the hang of the 1.7.4 zombies as hard as thy were. And yes as long as the zombies are "realistic" in rockets lore and at least as challenging as players than we will get use to and adapt. As long as i can utilize effective stealth the zombies dont aggro. But lately since 1.7.5 when i get bored, antsy, let my guard down and run around i should he punished. But im not. Im walking, running, crawling right by zombies and nothing.

Boreing

How many times does it have to be said, they are not dead walking corpses that are rotting, they are infected humans 28 days later style. Now, that being said they still shouldn't be kenyan marathon runners and usain bolts all over the place, they would likely be malnourished, dehydrated, and extremely sickly. After all, once a body is sick, it's much more vulnerable to other infections. Not to mention that these infected never go inside out of the rain, the majority of them would be dead by now from being nearly frozen solid.

Z behavior mechanic: they head for cover when it's raining/dark to preserve body heat

all i can say is' date=' never make it so that by playing solo you are unable to go certain pleas, i will never want to team up, i work all day, and stay up late playing this game, i have to be quiet to not wake my wife so i cant use a mic. i love going solo, dont make me work with a team.

[/quote']

It's pretty much inevitable. Because what is challenging for a solo player is laughably trivial for an armed and organized team. Though you could tune the zombies spawn rate and even power to react to the population in the cell which would be cool. Cherno would become a zombie strong-hold by virtue of that, and groups would face more and tougher zombies than a lone soloist.

Actually that would be sort of cool. You'd get zombie hoards as a by product of player population movements on a larger scale than trigger range of a building.

Incidentally check out Guild Wars 2. It's a model for an MMO that works for the solo player. The content scales, groups form organically and it's all dynamic events in the environments and there's no raids. It's like a bresh of fresh air after all these "raiding" MMO's.

rocket...pls fix the tents....loosing gear is not cool :D but the changes are great

I've set up my tent 3 days ago and it still holds all items in it' date=' checked today.

[hr']

Will repeat until fixed:

Dead body sound is bugged.

I think it is OK, cos blood is still on the ground and there are flies around.

How many times does it have to be said' date=' they are not dead walking corpses that are rotting, they are infected humans 28 days later style. Now, that being said they still shouldn't be kenyan marathon runners and usain bolts all over the place, they would likely be malnourished, dehydrated, and extremely sickly. After all, once a body is sick, it's much more vulnerable to other infections. Not to mention that these infected never go inside out of the rain, the majority of them would be dead by now from being nearly frozen solid.

Z behavior mechanic: they head for cover when it's raining/dark to preserve body heat

[/quote']

Kind of like I AM LEGEND, minus the light sensitivity; you know, when Will Smith finds them all huddled together indoors?

I agree that they should not be able to sprint. They should be less likely to catch up with you in my humble opinion. But the trade off being they are highly contagious! So the Zeds hitting you, though less often, carries a higher penalty in the long run if you don't have/find antibiotics!

Antibiotics is a crap mechanic since it forces you into a highly camped and most likely wired off area while weakened. If it was a semi-common drop with a large number of spawns, fine, but it isn't.. neithers morphine for that matter.

Every notch by which you increase zombie danger increases the PvP/PK penalty (it's much harder to re-gear) and the new player retention rate (it's much harder to survive) if the threat is not graduated. If zombies on a non-enterable' date=' non-loot spawning beach front house are as tough as those at the air-ports you are challenging your new players far more than the armed and organised veterans and that will cost you retention.

If you think new players are going to form organized groups in response, when there is no in-game mechanic to encourage that (like a safe starting point, communication or temporary PK protection), when most don't have out of game social groups, and when actally meeting allies is a matter of luck and substantial time you are probably being too optimistic. Most will just die repeatedly and stop playing.

In other words I hope zombie challenge is being considered as part of the global mechanics and how the game is functioning now (a hard core PvP game). Harder isn't always better, especially if it's applied universally.

[/quote']

READ AND HEED ROCKET!! DUDE, YOU NEED TO STOP MAKING THE ZOMBIES EASIER. STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE CASUALS SO DANM MUCH.

THE HARDER THE ZOMBIES! THE LESS PVP. PEOPLE WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE POPPING SHOTS OF FOR A CAN OF BEANS.

PLEASE!

It's all about the balance, and quite frankly if this balance isn't met and players stop flowing to this total conversion of Arma 2, Rocket will perhaps be out of a job.

Lets take a step back and look at how many copies of Arma 2 were purchased due to his mod, ridiculous amounts. You'd want to keep the popularity up of the mod during its ascension into a full game, by keeping its gameplay balanced. Make the zombies to hard so 'casuals' will think they wasted their money, isn't good for word of mouth, sales. I've been playing since OFP and am always for harder gameplay, but you have to think outside your box buddy.

Don't make it to extreme for new players, create a balance, keep everyone happy, and let the non-casuals who believe the game should be made to their standards only boil in their own piss for being greedy.

I love you.

Is this guy for real?

Are you seriously saying that Rocket could be out of a job after single handedly selling thousands of Arma 2 due to a MOD (a MOD which is his and his alone)? I hope he was given a MASSIVE pay rise.

You sir are what is commonly referred to as a Tool.

It feels like the vehicle spawn needs to be tripled or even quadrupled.

80+ hours and I've found one vehicle' date=' a tractor. And I definitely can't say the same for my friend who has logged about the same amount of time but has seen zero vehicles.

If I played 2 hours a day, I would find one vehicle every 40 days at best. Good gravy. And that's being optimistic, like I said my buddy has found 0 vehicles in roughly the same 80 hours...

The vehicle patch apparently didn't reduce hoarding enough. :(

One should not have to roam the edge/outskirts of the map to have -any- chance of finding a vech. I actually super lucked out when I found that tractor at the top of a hill, didn't think I was EVER going to find a vehicle in this game unless I stumbled upon some packrat's vehicle collection.

And it's not like extra vehicles are going to break the game either, just make 80-90% of them need repairs from spawn. If you really wanted you could also make vehicles consume more fuel on use to counterbalance having more vehicles.

In short: It'd be nice to find a useable/repairable vehicle more than once every couple months.

Please up the vehicle spawn. Seriously, who wouldn't want more vehicles? And maybe to prevent hoarding you could implement some sort of vehicle spawn reset if 3+ idle vehicles were within about 2 km of eachother (must be idle and not in use). Obviously you have more pressing matters like performance tweaks and such that I too agree are of more concern, but when you have time, I'm sure a lot of players would appreciate some vehicle changes.

[/quote']

+1000 to that! My friend and I scoured that map last night just trying to find any vehicle and nothing. I'd love there to be more vehicle spawns. I don't see how it hurts the game because it just makes you louder and leaves a trail of dust behind you. At the moment you see no one with one anyways because they are horded so much. There are so many spawns of vehicle repair parts but no vehicles to repair!

You did select wrong server then, while playing i found and drived 3 offroads, 2 atvs, 4 bysicles, 1 uaz, 1 volga, 2 boats, 2 tractors, 2 buses. Never seen heli though.

As a former Marine playing this game I only have three words to say... I LOVE IT!!! I mean sure the bugs and de-bug forest issue have been annoying as hell, but I can pretty much live on my own in the game. I love the topographical map (if anyone needs a map reading class hit me up). The zombies... yeah they are buggy still, but good so far! Another thing, I know some people are saying it's okay they are able to open doors etc. etc. Thing is zombies are like little babies, or at least their brain is. Babies and zombies have this one thing in common... they want to "suckle". Zombies are simply hungry babies that want to feed on human flesh. They have no other cognitive development what so ever therefore opening doors should not be possible for them. I donno why some people are complaining about lasting only 30 mikes (minutes). It's called survival of the fittest for a reason, you probly won't start with a weapon or any food. You just gotta know how to be stealthy and learn how the zombie operates :)

Every notch by which you increase zombie danger increases the PvP/PK penalty (it's much harder to re-gear) and the new player retention rate (it's much harder to survive) if the threat is not graduated. If zombies on a non-enterable' date=' non-loot spawning beach front house are as tough as those at the air-ports you are challenging your new players far more than the armed and organised veterans and that will cost you retention.

If you think new players are going to form organized groups in response, when there is no in-game mechanic to encourage that (like a safe starting point, communication or temporary PK protection), when most don't have out of game social groups, and when actally meeting allies is a matter of luck and substantial time you are probably being too optimistic. Most will just die repeatedly and stop playing.

In other words I hope zombie challenge is being considered as part of the global mechanics and how the game is functioning now (a hard core PvP game). Harder isn't always better, especially if it's applied universally.

[/quote']

READ AND HEED ROCKET!! DUDE, YOU NEED TO STOP MAKING THE ZOMBIES EASIER. STOP WORRYING ABOUT THE CASUALS SO DANM MUCH.

THE HARDER THE ZOMBIES! THE LESS PVP. PEOPLE WILL THINK TWICE BEFORE POPPING SHOTS OF FOR A CAN OF BEANS.

PLEASE!

It's all about the balance, and quite frankly if this balance isn't met and players stop flowing to this total conversion of Arma 2, Rocket will perhaps be out of a job.

Lets take a step back and look at how many copies of Arma 2 were purchased due to his mod, ridiculous amounts. You'd want to keep the popularity up of the mod during its ascension into a full game, by keeping its gameplay balanced. Make the zombies to hard so 'casuals' will think they wasted their money, isn't good for word of mouth, sales. I've been playing since OFP and am always for harder gameplay, but you have to think outside your box buddy.

Don't make it to extreme for new players, create a balance, keep everyone happy, and let the non-casuals who believe the game should be made to their standards only boil in their own piss for being greedy.

I love you.

Is this guy for real?

Are you seriously saying that Rocket could be out of a job after single handedly selling thousands of Arma 2 due to a MOD (a MOD which is his and his alone)? I hope he was given a MASSIVE pay rise.

You sir are what is commonly referred to as a Tool.

Yeah, of course you would take the 'perhaps' as a solid statement, not lightly. I think you have not fully comprehended what I have said. Like a troll, you have successfully taken a small piece from my post and tried to stain it with your filth. You sir are an absolute tool. But hey I guess only tools take away a snippet of information maintaining their ignorance.

If I were to seriously say he would lose his job, I wouldn't use that word 'perhaps'.

Perhaps: Used when one does not wish to be too definite or assertive in the expression of an opinion.

Maybe your just a moron.

If you had an ounce of intelligence you would have understood that my approach was mainly about the balance being kept. You know? So all people can play the mod comfortably.

Perhaps, you should read with a little more depth. :sleepy:

As a former Marine playing this game I only have three words to say... I LOVE IT!!! I mean sure the bugs and de-bug forest issue have been annoying as hell' date=' but I can pretty much live on my own in the game. I love the topographical map (if anyone needs a map reading class hit me up). The zombies... yeah they are buggy still, but good so far! Another thing, I know some people are saying it's okay they are able to open doors etc. etc. Thing is zombies are like little babies, or at least their brain is. Babies and zombies have this one thing in common... they want to "suckle". Zombies are simply hungry babies that want to feed on human flesh. They have no other cognitive development what so ever therefore opening doors should not be possible for them. I donno why some people are complaining about lasting only 30 mikes (minutes). It's called survival of the fittest for a reason, you probly won't start with a weapon or any food. You just gotta know how to be stealthy and learn how the zombie operates :)

[/quote']

there not "zombies" per say, there infected.

Rocket, please bring the update out today, if only to stop this fucking thread

Rocket' date=' please bring the update out today, if only to stop this fucking thread

[/quote']

Oh come on.... leave him to work :)

Maybe he will come with fixing issues we all hate.... and maybe he will came some new content...

I am really looking forward to this patch... so keep up the Good Job you do Rocker!

As a former Marine playing this game I only have three words to say... I LOVE IT!!! I mean sure the bugs and de-bug forest issue have been annoying as hell' date=' but I can pretty much live on my own in the game. I love the topographical map (if anyone needs a map reading class hit me up). The zombies... yeah they are buggy still, but good so far! Another thing, I know some people are saying it's okay they are able to open doors etc. etc. Thing is zombies are like little babies, or at least their brain is. Babies and zombies have this one thing in common... they want to "suckle". Zombies are simply hungry babies that want to feed on human flesh. They have no other cognitive development what so ever therefore opening doors should not be possible for them. I donno why some people are complaining about lasting only 30 mikes (minutes). It's called survival of the fittest for a reason, you probly won't start with a weapon or any food. You just gotta know how to be stealthy and learn how the zombie operates :)

[/quote']

there not "zombies" per say, there infected.

If it walks like a zombie, sounds like a zombie, it's a freekin zombie. If they were infected they would have more coordination or still be human and not attacking people.

If it walks like a zombie' date=' sounds like a zombie, it's a freekin zombie. If they were infected they would have more coordination or still be human and not attacking people.

[/quote']

If it comes through the chimney and says ho-ho-ho, it must be Santa Claus!

I dont see why you hate the wire fences. Use a toolbox like everyone else and take them down instead of spending hours hopping servers.

4 toolboxes spawned for me inside the east factory yesterday' date=' and I keep finding them in almost every shed/factory building. They are about as common as hatchets are atm.

You can also V over them. I hear people saying they die from it, but I never have. Unless it's something new in 1.7.1.5.

[/quote']

I encountered at least 30 wire fences yesterday, most of the in groups of about five. I had a toolbox and spent considerable time walking around the fences trying to get any kind of interaction options with no success. What is the trick to removing them?

Also, all of a sudden I couldn't V over any of them (which I did just fine the day before).

Furthermore I sometimes get really weird geometry-streched-out-to-the-horizon-fucked-up-graphics glitches from wire fences. I know the wire fence model was changed a couple of patches back, before that I could see them through walls :) Maybe the new model causes these glitches? It is possible that the tanktrap/hedgehog is the cullprit as they almost always seem to be set up together.

I love the game!

/Resident Emil

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheResidentEmil

Oh boy it's 12:54AM here and I just finished up some much-needed work.

I expected that we might see the patch out by now. :P I'm itchin' to get my hands on it and use as much of my upload bandwidth as possible to torrent it.

Oh well... off to bed! Looking forward to the patch later today (hopefully).

atleast make it removable..sometimes u cant cut it off.btw where is the patch :P