rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

It feels like the vehicle spawn needs to be tripled or even quadrupled.

80+ hours and I've found one vehicle' date=' a tractor. And I definitely can't say the same for my friend who has logged about the same amount of time but has seen zero vehicles.

If I played 2 hours a day, I would find one vehicle every 40 days at best. Good gravy. And that's being optimistic, like I said my buddy has found 0 vehicles in roughly the same 80 hours...

The vehicle patch apparently didn't reduce hoarding enough. :(

One should not have to roam the edge/outskirts of the map to have -any- chance of finding a vech. I actually super lucked out when I found that tractor at the top of a hill, didn't think I was EVER going to find a vehicle in this game unless I stumbled upon some packrat's vehicle collection.

And it's not like extra vehicles are going to break the game either, just make 80-90% of them need repairs from spawn. If you really wanted you could also make vehicles consume more fuel on use to counterbalance having more vehicles.

In short: It'd be nice to find a useable/repairable vehicle more than once every couple months.

Please up the vehicle spawn. Seriously, who wouldn't want more vehicles? And maybe to prevent hoarding you could implement some sort of vehicle spawn reset if 3+ idle vehicles were within about 2 km of eachother (must be idle and not in use). Obviously you have more pressing matters like performance tweaks and such that I too agree are of more concern, but when you have time, I'm sure a lot of players would appreciate some vehicle changes.

[/quote']

+1000 to that! My friend and I scoured that map last night just trying to find any vehicle and nothing. I'd love there to be more vehicle spawns. I don't see how it hurts the game because it just makes you louder and leaves a trail of dust behind you. At the moment you see no one with one anyways because they are horded so much. There are so many spawns of vehicle repair parts but no vehicles to repair!

I still think the biggest con of the actual zombie behavior is the HUGE immersion break.

It's laggy and completely random, not fast as intended.

So we need two things:

1)kinda slow zombies

2)way more zombies

I also just thought of something. You know how you can hit F to switch to chemlights, grenades etc? What if you always had a "Melee" equipped. Like an invisible item akin to hatchet ammo? It could stun/knock down/hurt Zeds. Make the animation a generic elbow strike that would work with any item held(edit: or the zombie double slash down animation just keep the hand on the weapon). Wouldn't be pretty but hey it could work. Or recycle the hatchet animation and switch it with the weapon so its like you're mining for undead brains with a long gun holding it by the barrel XD.

Firemodes: Safe, Semi, Auto, Bludgeon

/agree

I'd very much like to see more but slower zombies. The fact that they can run like 30 mph is a bit over the top imo.

Indeed. I think we'll get there. It will just take a while.

Personally I'd like to see 5% of zombies that can catch running players and force them to defend themselves. 75% walkers and slow joggers. 10% hoppers and 10% crawlers.

On top of all that. Head shots need to always be 1 shot kills. Body shots should take MUCH more than they do now.

So there's the tradeoff that works best I think. Very few speedy zombies. Mostly slow zombies' date=' and make headshots/shotguns more critical.

[/quote']

I agree, those numbers sound about right.. At the very least, only a small fraction of zombies should be able to chase you down at top speed, maybe a few more if you're on flat terrain.

hmm, i could be completely wrong about this, so please dont quote me. but i am pretty sure (not 100%) that rocket said crawlers and hoppers were placeholders, maybe crawlers will become sprinters, hoppers slow joggers, and walkers, well, walkers.

Hey! whats upp with you being able to turn gamma and brightness up again? Thought the new arma beta patch implented so u could not "cheat" with gamma anymore..

Thought they made a lock for it so you couldn`t turn it upp or something like that..

I felt like the game was better without the gamma/brightness set to max.

You can see as far and good as you can by day, just in black and white (Just looks shitty and takes away the feeling of being outside by night)

Some of my best hours in DayZ was by night with my crew, when you couldn`t screw with gamma, to cheat the night of whats it suppose to look and feel like..

Even putting upp a fire with my crew was intense! :) Have you put upp a fire in the middle of the woods by night before?

You should not be able to look outside the light from the fire.

The feeling of someone maybe being very close too you, but you do not know for sure.. That describes night for ya

I agree with alot of people that the night was a little too dark after the beta patch. But it was much better and intense then everybody playing with gamma/brightness set to max..

Not new patch related, but:

DayZ by day and night, should be two very different experiences..

Anyone know if they are bringing this "real" night back?

Looking forward to the new patch.. Keep up the good work Rock!

im +1 for NOT making the zeds run indoors

+2, or whatever number it happens to be by now.

I'm actually for NOT having the zombies inside at all. If they went in and out, it would be different. As is, they just stand inside and it is impossible to get around them unless one kills them. They ALWAYS aggro first too.

Hey rocket, lately when I've been playing the players bodies de-spawn way too fast, it's incredible.

A few days ago I was just looting this guy and he just disappeared while I was looting 20seconds after I killed him, had a firefight like 3v4 today and the bodies just de-spawned when we ran back to loot, you can still hear the flies but nothing else.

In my opinion zombies running indoors is a good thing. But you HAVE to address a few other things first. Like zombies being sprinters. Also doors not stopping zombies. make zombies break doors if anything, and also add the ability to chop trees / wood and repair doors. Add the ability to jump out of windows as someone mentions in page 124. Its game play that you need to add and even tho its in alpha this is basic shit that needs to be in azombie game. thanks for reading good mod and keep it up!

words

i agree as much as it is possible to agree.

the super-human zombies are absolutely game breaking' date=' despite what the sado-masochists may want you to believe.

ignore for a moment how unrealistic that the undead would bear the tremendous speed and coordination these zombies manifest, the game engine simply can't handle fast zombies. the frame rates are too low, regardless of hardware specs, and the client-server communication is too laggy.

arma 2 is not a run-and-gun engine, putting run-and-gun style zombies into it does not work well.

[/quote']

Indeed. ARMA2 is about precision and planning over super-dynamic-seat-of-your-pants-CQB. That's why there's no standard melee. The controls and engine weren't designed for Zombies. It was designed for AI with guns and thought. You might be able to make Rage-Zeds realistic, but they player is so very limited in how they can deal with them up close. You can't rifle stroke/shove/throw/grapple etc, its shoot or hatchet, and if you have to switch to the hatchet it's a super convoluted method(not your fault Dev's). It should just switch positions with your primary on the tool belt. With that said, yes it is realistic. The rifle could have a sling which equates to "toolbelt" for the sake of the engine. Hell, theres even, I forget the name, hooks you can snap your rifle vertically to your belt in combo with a sling so its at your side rather than slung across your back. Also Tactical slings. Programming-wise to avoid walking armouries, easier said than done.

Agree with this and the past you quoted.

I do think the way the zombies are being made JUST DONT work with this engine as it should, the movement of your player is just too slow, clunky and unresponsive to be able to handle what is happening. Plus things like doors being super difficult to go through. For large scale slow paced gameplay this engine is perfect, for the way Dayz is being done, its quite bad.

I bet if Dayz was made an any other engine it would be much better.

That's what i think.

The realistic gun mechanics, graphics and the map size is what this engine has that is very good, nothing else really.

Im not mentioning bugs in the mod, i am mentioning bugs in the engine, same bugs present in the actual game.

I agree' date=' those numbers sound about right.. At the very least, only a small fraction of zombies should be able to chase you down at top speed, maybe a few more if you're on flat terrain.

[/quote']

You know another thought I had would be to not have any zombies that can catch you at sprinting speed, but have players slow down much more quickly to where zombies can catch them. It would place more emphasis on stamina conservation. Walking uses the least stamina, crawling/crouching uses more stamina, sprinting uses the most. When you get tired... zombies should be able to easily catch you. As it is right now the slowest run speed is enough to drag zombies across the whole map no sweat.

So maybe we don't need a small percentage of zombies that are uber-fast. We just need better stamina mechanics, more slow zombies, only a handful of fast zombies, and require more body shots. Double the body shots I'd say.

80+ hours and I've found one vehicle' date=' a tractor. And I definitely can't say the same for my friend who has logged about the same amount of time but has seen zero vehicles.

If I played 2 hours a day, I would find one vehicle every 40 days at best. Good gravy. And that's being optimistic, like I said my buddy has found 0 vehicles in roughly the same 80 hours...

The vehicle patch apparently didn't reduce hoarding enough. :(

One should not have to roam the edge/outskirts of the map to have -any- chance of finding a vech. I actually super lucked out when I found that tractor at the top of a hill, didn't think I was EVER going to find a vehicle in this game unless I stumbled upon some packrat's vehicle collection.

And it's not like extra vehicles are going to break the game either, just make 80-90% of them need repairs from spawn. If you really wanted you could also make vehicles consume more fuel on use to counterbalance having more vehicles.

In short: It'd be nice to find a useable/repairable vehicle more than once every couple months.

Please up the vehicle spawn. Seriously, who wouldn't want more vehicles? And maybe to prevent hoarding you could implement some sort of vehicle spawn reset if 3+ idle vehicles were within about 2 km of eachother (must be idle and not in use). Obviously you have more pressing matters like performance tweaks and such that I too agree are of more concern, but when you have time, I'm sure a lot of players would appreciate some vehicle changes.

[/quote']

+1000 to that! My friend and I scoured that map last night just trying to find any vehicle and nothing. I'd love there to be more vehicle spawns. I don't see how it hurts the game because it just makes you louder and leaves a trail of dust behind you. At the moment you see no one with one anyways because they are horded so much. There are so many spawns of vehicle repair parts but no vehicles to repair!

Most likely a clan on the server is hording them!

words

i agree as much as it is possible to agree.

the super-human zombies are absolutely game breaking' date=' despite what the sado-masochists may want you to believe.

ignore for a moment how unrealistic that the undead would bear the tremendous speed and coordination these zombies manifest, the game engine simply can't handle fast zombies. the frame rates are too low, regardless of hardware specs, and the client-server communication is too laggy.

arma 2 is not a run-and-gun engine, putting run-and-gun style zombies into it does not work well.

[/quote']

Indeed. ARMA2 is about precision and planning over super-dynamic-seat-of-your-pants-CQB. That's why there's no standard melee. The controls and engine weren't designed for Zombies. It was designed for AI with guns and thought. You might be able to make Rage-Zeds realistic, but they player is so very limited in how they can deal with them up close. You can't rifle stroke/shove/throw/grapple etc, its shoot or hatchet, and if you have to switch to the hatchet it's a super convoluted method(not your fault Dev's). It should just switch positions with your primary on the tool belt. With that said, yes it is realistic. The rifle could have a sling which equates to "toolbelt" for the sake of the engine. Hell, theres even, I forget the name, hooks you can snap your rifle vertically to your belt in combo with a sling so its at your side rather than slung across your back. Also Tactical slings. Programming-wise to avoid walking armouries, easier said than done.

Agree with this and the past you quoted.

I do think the way the zombies are being made JUST DONT work with this engine as it should, the movement of your player is just too slow, clunky and unresponsive to be able to handle what is happening. Plus things like doors being super difficult to go through. For large scale slow paced gameplay this engine is perfect, for the way Dayz is being done, its quite bad.

I bet if Dayz was made an any other engine it would be much better.

That's what i think.

The realistic gun mechanics, graphics and the map size is what this engine has that is very good, nothing else really.

Im not mentioning bugs in the mod, i am mentioning bugs in the engine, same bugs present in the actual game.

Even with all this being said, DayZ is still the best Zombie Apocalypse Gaming experience I have ever had AND it's still in Alpha? Most impressive. So I am excited to see where it goes. This testing is what this phase is about, so I am confident that the mod will be optimized for the engine and will be spectacular. Imagine ARMA3...

Even with all this being said, DayZ is still the best Zombie Apocalypse Gaming experience I have ever had AND it's still in Alpha? Most impressive. So I am excited to see where it goes. This testing is what this phase is about, so I am confident that the mod will be optimized for the engine and will be spectacular. Imagine ARMA3...

Yep, i think arma 3 looks very optimised and improved from what i heard, could be very good. Just simple movements need to be more realistic, it needs to be less robotic in terms of movement.

I don't know if it was mentioned already, but a bug (possibly intended) that I'm experiencing sometimes is a rather common occurence that makes your character make a couple steps forward before going into prone position. Sometimes this means plummeting off of roofs and hunting stands.

Obviously you have more pressing matters like performance tweaks and such that I too agree are of more concern, but when you have time, I'm sure a lot of players would appreciate some vehicle changes.

[/quote']

Really??

Why would we want any vehicles at all, not to even mention crap-loads of them?

I mean what does this mod have to do with vehicles?

Is that what we really want, some crazy environment full of cars, planes, wire fences, and anti-tank blockades??? A bunch of pick-ups running over hundreds of zombies with guys in the back shooting RPGs?? This reminds me of something already - the Middle East!

This mod is supposed to be about post apocalyptic environment and a struggle for survival by the few remaining people, not about hordes of machinery and advanced weaponry roaming around the map.

Play straight Arma 2 missions for that. I recommend Evolution or Domination.

I don't know if it was mentioned already' date=' but a bug (possibly intended) that I'm experiencing sometimes is a rather common occurence that makes your character make a couple steps forward before going into prone position. Sometimes this means plummeting off of roofs and hunting stands.

[/quote']

Happens if you double-tab forward and then hit prone while standing, or alternatively press stand twice while prone.

Hmm does the Rocket sleep already? Its only 3am here in Czech rep :).

I really wish this could be just another hotfix for the lag, I don't want a big patch I just want to be able to go 30m without freezing..

I don't know if it was mentioned already' date=' but a bug (possibly intended) that I'm experiencing sometimes is a rather common occurence that makes your character make a couple steps forward before going into prone position. Sometimes this means plummeting off of roofs and hunting stands.

[/quote']

it has been my experience that going prone in tree stands is a terrible idea.

My feeling is that it is much better' date=' they spot you much more easily when you expect to be spotted (you're in the open). But they don't spot you as much when you're hidden from them. It's no longer a digital thing, for example being prone in front of an infected doesn't make you invisible. If an infected is close to someone who is in prone, they will eventually see them.

[/quote']

How does this translate into environment? (trees, rocks, fences, tall grass while prone, hills, etc). What about at night versus daytime?

I find at night the hearing they have is fine, but their visual is much better then ours.

Just looking for clarification when you say "hidden from them". I guess there's always trial and error.

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

I think the answer depends on if the sound will be amplified only while standing or in all forms of travel...prone, crouch walk and crouch run as well.

The big issue in towns is that with the current zombie spawn rates and need to have medical supplies and food/drink on hand you don't have much room for ammo so shooting zombies is very impractical unless you have a crossbow launcher or unless you use melee which is very weak and inconsistent atm (at times I one shot a zombie while prone and hitting him in the ankle, at others I hit a zombie 12 times in the face while standing and it breaks my leg and bleeds me out before it drops).

Here are what I think need fixing before you implement any sound buffs.

1. When a person has a rifle and handgun allow them to scroll the mouse wheel and select their hatchet on their toolbelt. Currently you can only scroll to a melee if you are swaping between a handgun and a melee item like crowbar or axe.

This is fine but after any amount of time you will have a main weapon like a rifle shotgun ect. If you need to make a silent kill in town dropping your gun then taking your axe out of your toolbelt then equiping it then....sigh.... reloading the axe!?! ...takes forever...You are likely to have a broken leg and bleed out before you do all that. By simply alowing people to scroll to axe on the mouse wheel and select and equip it quickly they can make a decision about silent or melee combat and combat becomes more tactical and fun.

2. Fix the echo on alot of the dirt surfaces in the game, there are to man times when I am simply crouch walking slowly in a building or in a dirt field or on dirt in a town and a zombie aggro's me through a wall or around a corner where I could not see or hear him because the ground echoes too loudly for my rate of speed....crouch walking should be near silent you are moving at a snails pace ...getting 2 sound bars for it makes no sense. Decrease it's sound rate to one bar only at all times, then if there is fog the echo would only put us back where things are now instead of being a rediculous 3 bars while crouch walking and low crawling or worse.

3. Fix the zombie spawns in your proximity and allow them to path in such a way as to allow an escape while low crawling. Having zombies spawn on you while your low crawling is uterly annoying. Your making no noise or barely any and then sudenly 2 -4 zombies are all converging on you in a pattern that will not allow you to escape while low crawling this needs fixed.

If you have the stealth element you need to encourage it by making it feasible not making it impossible to escape the zombies by continually spawning them in ever more complex patterns 20 ft from your location till the point that a relog is the only way to survive because shooting them would lead to a horde closing in for the kill.

4.Fix zombies spawning infinitely. I had a MK 48 with 100 rounds and zero load time I was going to a town and a zombie heard me 30 feet out froum behind a wall (the dirt echoed my steps) while I was low walking into town. Quickly 5 more joined I mowed them down in spectacular fasion, 5 more came same thing 5 more 5 more 5 more ...I started running back then stopping to shoot and I could literally see the point where the zombies were spawning in about a range of 30 -40 ft from me. This made me very dissapointed...what was the purpose of this awsome weapon it could never win a fight...it was far too loud and would run out of ammo before it was of any use...this is a huge problem especially now that weapons will lose their magic magazines that replensih.

Having limited ammo for amazing guns means something only if when you do use the ammo you get a big payoff. When you use your guns you should be able to clear a town and feel like the town is now safe to explore. There should be a set number of zombies in an area that repopulate from a point outside the town or from the buildings in the town that are unenterable after a certain time period say 7 min or so....The current system has no payoff...I shoot a zombie another runs up I shoot again and another till I run out of bullets.....If the risk reward is never in favor of shooting outside of an extremely heavily armed group it will always harm the single player experience encourage pker's and generally make you avoid using guns except to shoot other players since you will want to shoot something right?...

5. Bugs related to inventory...I have had 6 or more meat steaks vanish from my inventory, had morphine and pills return that i had dropped ect. When relogging onto a server. You can easily destroy very risky to aquire gear in the inventory by forgetting to close your bag before yo upress teh drop button. Some fixes I believe are in order are that picking up a larger backpack should aoutomatically transfer all your backpack items into the larger one all by simply scrolling to swap packs on the mouse wheel (make it take time but in a way simplify it). Also if you can't put any more items i the game should give you white text stating so like when you try to collect wood and arn't close to a tree.

6. Color fixes....1. make the cursor red or blue not green so you don't lose it in the lush green terrain 2. make the arrow feathers red not yellow so you can see where they are after you fire them in a field ect.

What does 5&6 have to do with sound design? well the thing is untill you iron out the things that artificially make the game frustrating/difficult it is impossible to fairly judge how much harder the game needs to be. Quality of life fixes could largely mean you need to buff the zombie horde so just slowly rolling out buffs to us while the quality of life is low in a way is a cheesy way of having an artificial level of difficulty.

I know that's not the intent but this current A.D.H.D. generation is all about now not soon and keeping them locked in here before someone from Tryarch decides to rip off your game and stick it into the zombie mode on their next Call of Duty cause "they are seeing good numbers ", is paramount for Day Z's continued growth. I had asked around on a forum about wether I should get ARMA 2 for Day Z and was getting alot of negative ..."it's too buggy" rants and if it wasn't for positive things on Gamebreaker TV I probably would have missed out on this awsome evolving world.

Please just look at the key concerns first though. It is the little annoyances that can lead to people pulling their hair out/mouse throwing and leaving and looking at alternatives and the eventualy competition because lets be frank you struck gold here...it is only a matter of time before the rip off's start rolling in...shure up the damn before the flood mate.

Great game and keep the good times coming I appreciate what you and the entire staff has acomplished so far and all your sleepless nights and dedication inspire insomnia in me as well.:D

Zombies Running Indoors???

Rocket, personally I hope they don't... and here's why...

I know you're tweaking and testing all the variables to get just the right feel for how the game mechanics work. That's what this alpha is all about.

I like where much of the zombie improvements have been going, but there's going to be a point were the zombies just too dangerous for fun gameplay. Realism aside, it is still just a game.

Not everyone wants to play in groups... Solo playing this game really brings home the solitude and apocolyptic feeling of this game. No one to save you. No laughing on comms. Just paranoia and fear. There's never been another game like this one....

As you may have guessed, I usually play solo and always do max stealth anywhere near zombies... Having survived over 30 days, I've gotten pretty good at sneaking. On the rare occassion that I do aggro one however, I can try to shoot it, but unless I have a silenced weapon, then odds are that the horde will awaken and I'll be force to flee for cover or die. There's absolutely no way that anyone would be able to solo the game if we couldn't count on them slowing down indoors, having some advantage... Even then, you have to pray that you have enough ammo to take care of the dozens of zombies that will be attracted to the gunfire... We've all had to pick our way over dozens of bodies to get out of building after being swarmed, and that's by zombies walking indoors. If they moved fast, then it would be game over... There would be no way to lose them... It almost defeats the purpose of the LOS improvements you've already made.

I don't mind the zombies being tougher. By all means go for it. Make their sense as realistic as you think they should be, but making them into player killing homing missles is cold man.. Really cold.

The alternative for a solo player is sticking to the wilderness and raiding deerstands because the towns are too dangerous to go near, and that get's boring pretty quick.

And as far as the updates go, take your time, work through the issues, test thoroughly and relase them when you're ready. I've seen too many annoying posts from people demanding you work faster.. Great game.

Rocket for President of Chernarus 2013!!!!!

i agree with this man!

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

I think the answer depends on if the sound will be amplified only while standing or in all forms of travel...prone' date=' crouch walk and crouch run as well.

The big issue in towns is that with the current zombie spawn rates and need to have medical supplies and food/drink on hand you don't have much room for ammo so shooting zombies is very impractical unless you have a crossbow launcher or unless you use melee which is very weak and inconsistent atm (at times I one shot a zombie while prone and hitting him in the ankle, at others I hit a zombie 12 times in the face while standing and it breaks my leg and bleeds me out before it drops).

Here are what I think need fixing before you implement any sound buffs.

1. When a person has a rifle and handgun allow them to scroll the mouse wheel and select their hatchet on their toolbelt. Currently you can only scroll to a melee if you are swaping between a handgun and a melee item like crowbar or axe.

This is fine but after any amount of time you will have a main weapon like a rifle shotgun ect. If you need to make a silent kill in town dropping your gun then taking your axe out of your toolbelt then equiping it then....sigh.... reloading the axe!?! ...takes forever...You are likely to have a broken leg and bleed out before you do all that. By simply alowing people to scroll to axe on the mouse wheel and select and equip it quickly they can make a decision about silent or melee combat and combat becomes more tactical and fun.

2. Fix the echo on alot of the dirt surfaces in the game, there are to man times when I am simply crouch walking slowly in a building or in a dirt field or on dirt in a town and a zombie aggro's me through a wall or around a corner where I could not see or hear him because the ground echoes too loudly for my rate of speed....crouch walking should be near silent you are moving at a snails pace ...getting 2 sound bars for it makes no sense. Decrease it's sound rate to one bar only at all times, then if there is fog the echo would only put us back where things are now instead of being a rediculous 3 bars while crouch walking and low crawling or worse.

3. Fix the zombie spawns in your proximity and allow them to path in such a way as to allow an escape while low crawling. Having zombies spawn on you while your low crawling is uterly annoying. Your making no noise or barely any and then sudenly 2 -4 zombies are all converging on you in a pattern that will not allow you to escape while low crawling this needs fixed.

If you have the stealth element you need to encourage it by making it feasible not making it impossible to escape the zombies by continually spawning them in ever more complex patterns 20 ft from your location till the point that a relog is the only way to survive because shooting them would lead to a horde closing in for the kill.

4.Fix zombies spawning infinitely. I had a MK 48 with 100 rounds and zero load time I was going to a town and a zombie heard me 30 feet out froum behind a wall (the dirt echoed my steps) while I was low walking into town. Quickly 5 more joined I mowed them down in spectacular fasion, 5 more came same thing 5 more 5 more 5 more ...I started running back then stopping to shoot and I could literally see the point where the zombies were spawning in about a range of 30 -40 ft from me. This made me very dissapointed...what was the purpose of this awsome weapon it could never win a fight...it was far too loud and would run out of ammo before it was of any use...this is a huge problem especially now that weapons will lose their magic magazines that replensih.

Having limited ammo for amazing guns means something only if when you do use the ammo you get a big payoff. When you use your guns you should be able to clear a town and feel like the town is now safe to explore. There should be a set number of zombies in an area that repopulate from a point outside the town or from the buildings in the town that are unenterable after a certain time period say 7 min or so....The current system has no payoff...I shoot a zombie another runs up I shoot again and another till I run out of bullets.....If the risk reward is never in favor of shooting outside of an extremely heavily armed group it will always harm the single player experience encourage pker's and generally make you avoid using guns except to shoot other players since you will want to shoot something right?...

5. Bugs related to inventory...I have had 6 or more meat steaks vanish from my inventory, had morphine and pills return that i had dropped ect. When relogging onto a server. You can easily destroy very risky to aquire gear in the inventory by forgetting to close your bag before yo upress teh drop button. Some fixes I believe are in order are that picking up a larger backpack should aoutomatically transfer all your backpack items into the larger one all by simply scrolling to swap packs on the mouse wheel (make it take time but in a way simplify it). Also if you can't put any more items i the game should give you white text stating so like when you try to collect wood and arn't close to a tree.

6. Color fixes....1. make the cursor red or blue not green so you don't lose it in the lush green terrain 2. make the arrow feathers red not yellow so you can see where they are after you fire them in a field ect.

What does 5&6 have to do with sound design? well the thing is untill you iron out the things that artificially make the game frustrating/difficult it is impossible to fairly judge how much harder the game needs to be. Quality of life fixes could largely mean you need to buff the zombie horde so just slowly rolling out buffs to us while the quality of life is low in a way is a cheesy way of having an artificial level of difficulty.

I know that's not the intent but this current A.D.H.D. generation is all about now not soon and keeping them locked in here before someone from Tryarch decides to rip off your game and stick it into the zombie mode on their next Call of Duty cause "they are seeing good numbers ", is paramount for Day Z's continued growth. I had asked around on a forum about wether I should get ARMA 2 for Day Z and was getting alot of negative ..."it's too buggy" rants and if it wasn't for positive things on Gamebreaker TV I probably would have missed out on this awsome evolving world.

Please just look at the key concerns first though. It is the little annoyances that can lead to people pulling their hair out/mouse throwing and leaving and looking at alternatives and the eventualy competition because lets be frank you struck gold here...it is only a matter of time before the rip off's start rolling in...shure up the damn before the flood mate.

Great game and keep the good times coming I appreciate what you and the entire staff has acomplished so far and all your sleepless nights and dedication inspire insomnia in me as well.:D

[/quote']