rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Rocket' date=' instead of adding a little more content while the latest patch is in testing, how about you fix more bugs instead. Preferably the zombies walking through walls/doors/fences bug.

Save the content for later, these gamebreaking bugs have to be ironed out yesterday

[/quote']

It's a mod in alpha stage. Zombies walking through walls/doors/fences is judging from how things are going not gamebreaking and most likely engine related.

Oh and where is it written that zombies can't open doors? In the made up book of rules about fictional monsters? Or are you one of those guys that will scream "IMPOSSIBLE" moments before a zombie rips you open after it opened the door you're hiding behind, you know...when something like a zombie apocalypse should actually ever see the light of the day?

I would have worded it differently myself but he just said what a lot of us are thinking. Also, I can dig zombies opening doors but most of the time they walk right through them. I'm not even going to rehash the hitting through walls bug that we all experience.

That said:

dayzdevteam @HollanderCooper experiment only just beginning :) But I need to recover the situation from the mess that was 1.7.1. So lots of bug fixing.

dayzdevteam @anthraxmoh focus right now is on bugs and fixing stability issues. Hopefully soon I can actually start back into putting special stuff in.

Usually it's because of the lack of higher thinking abilities. You know, from having a brain filled with dead brain cells. The only zombies that tend to be able to open doors are the Night of the Living Dead B-movie zombies which taunt the main characters and talk about how they must eat the brains of the living to stave off the pain of being dead.

Now infected STILL might be able to do it...unless their mind is reduced to an animalistic hunter mentality. Their opposable thumbs are only good for jamming into their prey's eye sockets to dig out the good stuff.

(Interesting note: opposable appears to be spelled correctly. Spellchecker doesn't like it.)

Can anyone show me (screen shot or short vid sent in a pm) a barbed wire constructed base? I have never seen one so it would be nice to see what is possible. Even so though' date=' I'd say remove them 'cause dbag placement > bases anyway...plus the glitches they cause rape my eyes! My eyes do not like to be raped! Maybe sometime later when the glitches/placement gets worked out add them back. I don't know, it just sucks atm.

[/quote']

I have ran into atleast two servers now where the tents near Balota were completely walled off with two layers of barb wire, and surrounded by tank traps.

When is the zombie ai going to be fixed, e.g to stop them hitting/warping/spawning through walls.

Usually it's because of the lack of higher thinking abilities. You know' date=' from having a brain filled with dead brain cells. The only zombies that tend to be able to open doors are the Night of the Living Dead B-movie zombies which taunt the main characters and talk about how they must eat the brains of the living to stave off the pain of being dead.

Now infected STILL might be able to do it...unless their mind is reduced to an animalistic hunter mentality. Their opposable thumbs are only good for jamming into their prey's eye sockets to dig out the good stuff.[/quote']

Rocket said that even his parents cat can open a door so he wondered why zombie wouldn't be able to :P

Also he said it is impossible to prevent due to Arma2 limitations >_>

(but he wouldn't do it even if it was possible)

Rocket' date=' instead of adding a little more content while the latest patch is in testing, how about you fix more bugs instead. Preferably the zombies walking through walls/doors/fences bug.

Save the content for later, these gamebreaking bugs have to be ironed out yesterday

[/quote']

It's a mod in alpha stage. Zombies walking through walls/doors/fences is judging from how things are going not gamebreaking and most likely engine related.

Oh and where is it written that zombies can't open doors? In the made up book of rules about fictional monsters? Or are you one of those guys that will scream "IMPOSSIBLE" moments before a zombie rips you open after it opened the door you're hiding behind, you know...when something like a zombie apocalypse should actually ever see the light of the day?

I would have worded it differently myself but he just said what a lot of us are thinking. Also, I can dig zombies opening doors but most of the time they walk right through them. I'm not even going to rehash the hitting through walls bug that we all experience.

That said:

dayzdevteam @HollanderCooper experiment only just beginning :) But I need to recover the situation from the mess that was 1.7.1. So lots of bug fixing.

dayzdevteam @anthraxmoh focus right now is on bugs and fixing stability issues. Hopefully soon I can actually start back into putting special stuff in.

Hey I'm not saying that there's not a whole lot of stuff bugging me. I'm so paranoid I never stand close to walls. It's just not gamebreaking to me. Having said that it's interesting with how much mechanics we live in DayZ that hopefully in the future we won't have to deal with.

Today I watched a zombie from a higher position spotting me and what happens then, as I'm sure all of us know, can only be described with portal meets crack-whore with a serious anger problem. The amount of zig-zag-teleport that goes on would be considered laughable buggy if it wasn't for the fact that you can deal with the situation.

In comparison to how I deal with zombies today from the start and with how I dealt with them in the past I would have to say that I don't think I enjoy it as much as before.

It's the sum of all that makes or breaks it. But there needs to be patience. We are all having an "interesting time" and cut this mod a looot of slack because I think we all do believe in its potential. It's evolving.

I think we all, including rocket, believe that the functional interaction between players, zombies and loot is the one integral part of this mod. Which means DayZ is moving forward either way.

Rocket plese PLEASE rocket DO SOMETHING with that fucking WIRE FENCES

it is FUCKING EVERYWHERE now.

all markets all fire stations all churches and etc FUCKING BLOCKED TO SHIT

sorry im a bit hype, because atm im jumping from server to server trying to find at least one not fucking blocked fire station

sorry im a bit hype' date=' because atm im jumping from server to server trying to find at least one not fucking blocked fire station

[/quote']

there are none, i tried every atlanta server and every NY and texas server, there all filled with wire blocking the churches/ fire stations.

I dont see why you hate the wire fences. Use a toolbox like everyone else and take them down instead of spending hours hopping servers.

4 toolboxes spawned for me inside the east factory yesterday, and I keep finding them in almost every shed/factory building. They are about as common as hatchets are atm.

You can also V over them. I hear people saying they die from it, but I never have. Unless it's something new in 1.7.1.5.

sorry im a bit hype' date=' because atm im jumping from server to server trying to find at least one not fucking blocked fire station

[/quote']

The spawn rate for razorwire seems very high, I keep finding it everywhere. Usually I put it somewhere out of the way, like in front of a deer stand.

Maybe there should be an adjustment of the spawn rates followed by a wipe of all the cobwebs? I like having it in game, but maybe not that much of it.

[/quote']

The spawn rate for razorwire seems very high, I keep finding it everywhere. Usually I put it somewhere out of the way, like in front of a deer stand.

Maybe there should be an adjustment of the spawn rates followed by a wipe of all the copwebs? I like having it in game, but maybe not that much of it.

Yes they do spawn like crazy, that is true. Their spawn rate should be lowered. I found 7 wires and 8 tank traps yesterday aswell :rolleyes:

I dont see why you hate the wire fences. Use a toolbox like everyone else and take them down instead of spending hours hopping servers.

its easy to say when you are elite boss with ghillie suit and nw. but when u just spawned - finding a toolbox is not primary objective.

also for more than month of playing, i saw only 2 or 3 toolboxes

I will deal with wire fences in the update.

Failed closed testing on some issues, working on them now. I personally think the infected behavior is much better, but we'll need to see how it goes with people to see what further balancing it needs. I'm noticing a much better performance, anyway.

4 toolboxes spawned for me inside the east factory yesterday' date=' and I keep finding them in almost every shed/factory building. They are about as common as hatchets are atm.

You can also V over them. I hear people saying they die from it, but I never have. Unless it's something new in 1.7.1.5.

[/quote']

Yes but not everyone is getting this lucky, and i tried for at least 5 minutes, yes 5 minutes, trying to remove one when i had a toolbox, i aimed for the legs, moved a little and the option did not show up. There were like 3 barbed wires on top of each other...

It all depends on luck, i have been to the barracks over 40 times and the best thing ive found is the mk48, no NVGs, no SD m4a1 yet people some how find multiple of them within a few searches.

Failed closed testing on some issues' date=' working on them now. I personally think the infected behavior is much better, but we'll need to see how it goes with people to see what further balancing it needs. I'm noticing a much better performance, anyway.

[/quote']

Fancy slowing down the animations of the zeds a bit? They're so fast that it appears jittery it seems. Also making them run directly at you in a straight line instead of zig-zagging would be cool.

Failed closed testing on some issues' date=' working on them now. I personally think the infected behavior is much better, but we'll need to see how it goes with people to see what further balancing it needs. I'm noticing a much better performance, anyway.

[/quote']

I can't wait to try them out.

Yes but not everyone is getting this lucky' date=' and i tried for at least 5 minutes, yes 5 minutes, trying to remove one when i had a toolbox, i aimed for the legs, moved a little and the option did not show up. There were like 3 barbed wires on top of each other...

It all depends on luck, i have been to the barracks over 40 times and the best thing ive found is the mk48, no NVGs, no SD m4a1 yet people some how find multiple of them within a few searches.

[/quote']

I'm the opposite of lucky. Best I've ever found in a loot pile must be the normal m4. Never even had the GPS. Other than that the really good stuff you usually get from other peoples camps.

And Rocket, in my oppinion you should aim to make the zombies even tougher than they already are. I'm loving this version so far :)

[/quote']

Fancy slowing down the animations of the zeds a bit? They're so fast that it appears jittery it seems. Also making them run directly at you in a straight line instead of zig-zagging would be cool.

some of their animations feel unnatural and lame but these zombies are the best. they are like supernatural or almost like hallucinegic or what that word is.. they are original and cool imo not like some romero movie zombie. just needs some polishing with animations- maybe later patches.

That will be happening, possibly along with infected running inside buildings. Again, this all needs huge amounts of testing and I am reluctant to fuck up everything given the current build is pretty stable.

1.7.2 has some really fundamental changes in the way it is constructed, mainly geared towards performance and security. As such, this really needs to be tested very thoroughly even before it is released out to everyone here. I'm digesting as much as I can from the thread about what people want to see in it, but 1.7.2 will probably mainly focus on the rebuilding of the architecture of the "how" for infected.

I've also revised the infected spawning methods, it feels much smoother to me as well now.

Usually it's because of the lack of higher thinking abilities. You know' date=' from having a brain filled with dead brain cells. The only zombies that tend to be able to open doors are the Night of the Living Dead B-movie zombies which taunt the main characters and talk about how they must eat the brains of the living to stave off the pain of being dead.

Now infected STILL might be able to do it...unless their mind is reduced to an animalistic hunter mentality. Their opposable thumbs are only good for jamming into their prey's eye sockets to dig out the good stuff.[/quote']

Rocket said that even his parents cat can open a door so he wondered why zombie wouldn't be able to :P

Also he said it is impossible to prevent due to Arma2 limitations >_>

(but he wouldn't do it even if it was possible)

Is this cat's brain half-decayed from being dead, or ravaged with a rage inducing virus?

That will be happening' date=' possibly along with infected running inside buildings. Again, this all needs huge amounts of testing and I am reluctant to fuck up everything given the current build is pretty stable.

1.7.2 has some really fundamental changes in the way it is constructed, mainly geared towards performance and security. As such, this really needs to be tested very thoroughly even before it is released out to everyone here. I'm digesting as much as I can from the thread about what people want to see in it, but 1.7.2 will probably mainly focus on the rebuilding of the architecture of the "how" for infected.

I've also revised the infected spawning methods, it feels much smoother to me as well now.

[/quote']

hi rocket - is there an easy way to make ATV's flip or something like that? they roll over so easily and its impossible to make tem roll on 4wheels again.

Keep with the good work Rocket!!! You are really one amazing developer :)

I am really looking forward to changes you have made... if Zeds will seems more natural it would be really great!!

I would like to ask if is somewhere post some sort of plan.... what you would like to implement into the game and what we can expect :)

I've also revised the infected spawning methods' date=' it feels much smoother to me as well now.[/quote']

When the infected just appear in front of us, it's a little rough. maybe they could spawn always in prone position.

That will be happening' date=' possibly along with infected running inside buildings. Again, this all needs huge amounts of testing and I am reluctant to fuck up everything given the current build is pretty stable.

[/quote']

Running indoors?

Shits getting real!!

Are you guys performing the hive update? Is that why no one can log in right now?

Hey Rocket, Great work so far man.

Are there any plans in the future to look at the issue where you are injured while proning through a door?

I mean just the other night i was prone/crawling through a doorway & BAMM! .. I had broken bones, I was in shock and bleeding.

Also upon entering most doors it auto stands you up ... leaving you totally visible to zombies/bandits just when you where trying your best to stay stealthy.