rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

I hope your kidding' date=' i don't think I've ever not had matches within 2 hours of playing.

[/quote']

He's right finding matches is a bitch yesterday i was searching for at least 6 hours

On Saturday I literally looted every single apartment, church, and general store from Elektro to Vybor and not found matches. I eventually died due to a zombie knocking me out through a wall because I had low enough blood and couldn't cook the full inventory of meat I had. Matches...the giver of life.

I guess you're just unfortunate. I could give you a package since i got two packages lol :)

I'd have thought 'Road Flares' would "start" a fire quite well......

Seems an obvious easy addition.

Matches are still going to be preferable due to them not taking up a slot and more importantly not alerting anyone to your presence so are a considerable upgrade.

On the subject of fires:- Having to use a hatchet to gather wood is a little silly to say the least. If you are in the woods/forest that should be all that is required.

And i'd like to be able to catch & gut an animal if i only have a hunting knife. But capturing them considering they move now (maybe run in the future) some form of trapping may be viable 1st.

When for eg 1 has had a hunting knife, matches & hatchet yet no gun & needed to eat then been able walk upto a pig and do nothing... *shrugs*.

Similarly with wells & lakes - you should be able to take a drink. and :) lastly I'd have thought an old whiskey bottle (with an imaginary bundle of grass stuffed in the neck) would hold water..... maybe make it so it takes up 2 slots?

i agree road flares is better then matches to start fires.

Interesting!

from the BI patchnotes

[94001] New: moonIntensity command

[94001] New: sunOrMoon command

Weird wouldn't it be enough to change the date on the mission.sqm or description txt ( can't remember ) to a different moon cycle?

Interesting!

from the BI patchnotes

[94001] New: moonIntensity command

[94001] New: sunOrMoon command

Weird wouldn't it be enough to change the date on the mission.sqm or description txt ( can't remember ) to a different moon cycle?

moonIntensity sounds like a variable that would be used for how much light the moon gives. Perhaps they are going for a value they can set to make even moonless nights have some ambient light by adjusting this value.

Hey guys, I'm working hard on the patch now. 95% of the focus is rewriting systems to make them much more efficient. It might not seem like much of a change for those who already get great performance, but it's going to be a big leap forward for those who do experience issues. It will also help with lag spikes and etc. So it's really a major architectural change.

I may not include any additional content, depending on how much longer it takes me to fix some of the bugs that are there now.

Hey guys' date=' I'm working hard on the patch now. 95% of the focus is rewriting systems to make them much more efficient. It might not seem like much of a change for those who already get great performance, but it's going to be a big leap forward for those who do experience issues. It will also help with lag spikes and etc. So it's really a major architectural change.

I may not include any additional content, depending on how much longer it takes me to fix some of the bugs that are there now.

[/quote']

What about the mention of added weapons and new melee content? Is that going to be in this release?

Hey guys' date=' I'm working hard on the patch now. 95% of the focus is rewriting systems to make them much more efficient. It might not seem like much of a change for those who already get great performance, but it's going to be a big leap forward for those who do experience issues. It will also help with lag spikes and etc. So it's really a major architectural change.

[/quote']

:) Thumbs up bro!

[/quote']

What about the mention of added weapons and new melee content? Is that going to be in this release?

Seeing how he stated he might not be adding additional content depending on how long it takes him to fix some of the bugs... They may not make it in this initial release, but more likely in a patch soon after.

Today is monday, where is the patch :D

Just please nerf bleeding from zombies and remove broken legs from zombies.

That's all I personally want (Well that and the broken leg thing, kinda ridiculous), Rocket, and i'm sure I can speak for a few others as well. Bug fixes and performance tweaks are the two things which could really use some Rocketfuel. I hate having a great computer, while running DayZ like crap.

Keep doing what you're doing, Rocket.

Well, he said 95% so there's still 5% left to work with.. @_@

Please fix the respawning of loot.. it seems like it takes hours and hours for items to respawn in buildings. I traveled half the map and to all the deer stands and they were all looted and had only junk items.

Please fix the respawning of loot.. it seems like it takes hours and hours for items to respawn in buildings. I traveled half the map and to all the deer stands and they were all looted and had only junk items.

I think it takes 5 hours.

Is anyone else getting the white circles showing the locations of zeds and animals, that you can use to track them through buildings and terrain, often at great distances? Often times they are limited to the edges of my screen, but sometimes I see them quite plainly in the middle of the screen.

These white circles also become brighter when the animal or zed is in an alerted state, so it can be used as a spidey sense to let you know when you have aggro.

oh, also I just learned that these white circles can be used to track players as well. NO ES BUENO!

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage, reduced amount of leg damage)

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage' date=' reduced amount of leg damage)

[/quote']

Thank's mate!

Oh i forgot to mention this.. I tried to post it on the Bug forums but my topic vanished??

If you crawl up or down stairs, your legs can get caught, and your body will basically cripple, breaking your legs, spraining something, AND causing you to bleed at an incredible rate. I really think this needs to get looked at, thanks again.

Is anyone else getting the white circles showing the locations of zeds and animals' date=' that you can use to track them through buildings and terrain, often at great distances? Often times they are limited to the edges of my screen, but sometimes I see them quite plainly in the middle of the screen.

These white circles also become brighter when the animal or zed is in an alerted state, so it can be used as a spidey sense to let you know when you have aggro.

oh, also I just learned that these white circles can be used to track players as well. NO ES BUENO!

[/quote']

It's on recruit servers that do this.

* [FIXED] Too easy to break legs due to infected (reduced probability of leg damage' date=' reduced amount of leg damage)

[/quote']

Damn, that sucks. I hope nerfs don't become common place. I really liked that Z had a chance to fuck you up beyond repair on any encounter. Made it so you had to carry plenty of supplies, be more careful. Now wtf...meh...oh well...alpha. Hope you harden this shit up at some point. :P