rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

cool staff here, thx rocket, when you planning add run-animation for "walking" infected?

A few suggestions for zed's, I dont know if this already effect them but it didnt look like it. How about making zed's visual almost none during night time? And they're only going for their hearing? Unless someone is going with a flashlight or throwing flares or something. Then they'd go and investigate the light source?

Also, I'm not really sure how to lose LOS of a zed's chasing you... they're constantly at your back, they're running as fast if not faster than yourself. How about making them a little bit slower? Or give them some kind of stamina so they cant sprint after you the whoooole time... After some time chasing you they might lose interest or just get tired? They're a hunking piece of rotting flesh after all, their rotten legs cant carry them that much can they? ;)

Any tips how to lose LOS of a zombie chasing you?

New weapons and melee' date=' yeay to that, I wonder what they will be... just hope I will be able to convert DMR mags to my FnFal .

[/quote']

Yes Im there with you mate even though some douche released me of my FN FAL recently.

Also zed's spawn rate should be lowered.

I mean its fine in Elektro and Cherno or bigger towns that zombies spawn rather fast, but still there should be few minutes between spawns and if you find isolated barn in the woods, there should be no spawns just few zeds walking around.

Loving that list of fixes, good job Rocket, but please please don't roll this out over the weekend, 1.7.1.5 is stable for a new update not to be rushed live on the weekend.

Are there any plans to fix the issues with the doors? Where upon entering 90% of the doors you automatically stand up, This is a real pain and one of the main reasons i aggro the infected!

This now is the most annoying thing in the game for me!

Are there any plans to fix the issues with the doors? Where upon entering 90% of the doors you automatically stand up' date=' This is a real pain and one of the main reasons i aggro the infected!

This now is the most annoying thing in the game for me!

[/quote']

+1

Although it's a huge credit to rocket that something so minor is the largest annoyance :)

Dear rocket and dayZ staff

admins freely restarting servers are the same with disconnecting in pvp action, server hopping and all those other glitches. please do something with this update. thanks.

admins freely restarting servers are the same with disconnecting in pvp action' date=' server hopping and all those other glitches. please do something with this update. thanks.

[/quote']

Depends on what you mean about that. Restarting because your tents or vehicles didn't spawn up, which is a common occurring problem, shouldn't be an issue. Restarting because somebody stole your car/equipment/shot at you is a whole different story and would be on par with all the other glitches/exploits.

1) double click shift and you will toggle sneak/run. you can change that in option.

I was already aware of this double-click shift toggle feature, but I tried toggling many times and the player character still remained in permanent sneak mode. Most frustrating.

Drekinn

1) Pressing Shift to enable sneak mode sometimes causes the sneaking to become permanent' date=' preventing walking/running away from zombies. This is a serious fault and needs urgent attention!

3) It is no longer possible when crawling to hold down Shift for slower crawling.

4) The player is no longer able to lean left or right.

5) Large white dots appear on the edges of the screen to represent moving entities (zombies, insects, players, vehicles etc.) that are just out of view. This is a feature (possibly for debugging?) that I've noticed in the single player ArmA2 campaign. Could these dot markers please be removed.

[/quote']

#1. Double tap the shift key to go back to normal running mode. This isn't a bug.

#3. I slow crawled with shift earlier today, not sure why you're having a problem.

#4. I was able to today, not sure why you're having a problem.

#5. Has to do with server difficulty, not the mod. If you want them removed, go to a higher difficulty server.

Regarding not being able to run. I have come across this bug a few times myself now. Neither double tapping shift or holding it down will make my character run. I can go into the control options and am able to change the run key (shift is still able to be removed and added as the run key), but this makes no difference. I'm running version 1.7.1.5:93825.

I finally got my dream weapon setup of a crossbow (plenty of bolts) and an m1911 with clips galore. Aggro some zombies accidentally only to find that I'm no longer able to run. Cue sadface del pablocampy.

I've also run into the unable to lean bug too. For example, right now I've just spawned again (due to the aforementioned running bug) and I am unable to lean. I am able to run at this point so I don't know if these are related.

Rocket, I believe you mentioned that you had you were unable to have zombies only investigating noise to walk instead of run due to performance issues? Is this the case, how are zombies able to walk towards other noise sources such as flares without this performance hit?

Very much enjoying this latest build. My personal feeling is that the zombie hearing/vision balance is excellent. The 50% reduction through wall/environment can only make this more realistic and enjoyable. Will the 50% reductions stack? So multiple house walls between a character and a zombie will all but muffle the noise they are making?

Edit: Also, as I mentioned I've just spawned. I alt tabbed back in to find my dude passed out with a very slow timer.

[sTEALTH UPDATE] - Epilepsy?

1) double click shift and you will toggle sneak/run. you can change that in option.

I was already aware of this double-click shift toggle feature' date=' but I tried toggling many times and the player character still remained in permanent sneak mode. Most frustrating.

Drekinn

[/quote']

If you are not holding a weapon and right click, you will go into walking stance, which makes your character walk and it doesn't react to shift, it's like going into sights with weapon. Just click right mouse button once and it should be fine.

admins freely restarting servers are the same with disconnecting in pvp action' date=' server hopping and all those other glitches. please do something with this update. thanks.

[/quote']

This would be good. But I don't think it is possible.

Also note that the server restart is still one of the best duping methods ingame :)

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

If you plan on keeping the magazine round counts between sessions you will need to introduce a method of filling magazines.

And I mean both shuffling the magazines as well as boxes of ammo. So you can convert "magazines" to rounds of a type and then put them into another magazine you have.

Its just plain dumb that you can have 3 mags for the m249 in 6 slots for a total of 600 5.56 rounds but if I have them in STANAGs I end up with 180 rounds while taking the same backpack space.

Boxes of ammo (2 slots 200 rounds) would be really good.

saw this in the latest arma changelog

[93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

will this find its way into dayz or do we keep loosing stuff from closed backpacks?

saw this in the latest arma changelog

[93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

will this find its way into dayz or do we keep loosing stuff from closed backpacks?

It's up to the server owner I believe.

[/quote']

There are valid reasons for admins restarting servers, for example, i restart ours every 8 hours, any longer than that and the fps lag becomes unbearable for ALL players, this should be fixed soon though looking at the updates to the first post, however restarting a server or game to get out of trouble from dying etc etc is not on.

Found a bug:

Got disconnected from a server (can't remember why some "session" error message) while having red food/water... reconnected and suddenly had green food and water again. Don't know if this is only caused by beeing disconnected or if this is a bug you patched in with the "no food and water lost while offline" update.

Just wanted to let you know that there is a bug like that, maybe you allready know, but just to be sure ^^

1) Pressing Shift to enable sneak mode sometimes causes the sneaking to become permanent' date=' preventing walking/running away from zombies. This is a serious fault and needs urgent attention!

3) It is no longer possible when crawling to hold down Shift for slower crawling.

4) The player is no longer able to lean left or right.

5) Large white dots appear on the edges of the screen to represent moving entities (zombies, insects, players, vehicles etc.) that are just out of view. This is a feature (possibly for debugging?) that I've noticed in the single player ArmA2 campaign. Could these dot markers please be removed.

[/quote']

#1. Double tap the shift key to go back to normal running mode. This isn't a bug.

#3. I slow crawled with shift earlier today, not sure why you're having a problem.

#4. I was able to today, not sure why you're having a problem.

#5. Has to do with server difficulty, not the mod. If you want them removed, go to a higher difficulty server.

Regarding not being able to run. I have come across this bug a few times myself now. Neither double tapping shift or holding it down will make my character run. I can go into the control options and am able to change the run key (shift is still able to be removed and added as the run key), but this makes no difference. I'm running version 1.7.1.5:93825.

I finally got my dream weapon setup of a crossbow (plenty of bolts) and an m1911 with clips galore. Aggro some zombies accidentally only to find that I'm no longer able to run. Cue sadface del pablocampy.

I've also run into the unable to lean bug too. For example, right now I've just spawned again (due to the aforementioned running bug) and I am unable to lean. I am able to run at this point so I don't know if these are related.

Rocket, I believe you mentioned that you had you were unable to have zombies only investigating noise to walk instead of run due to performance issues? Is this the case, how are zombies able to walk towards other noise sources such as flares without this performance hit?

Very much enjoying this latest build. My personal feeling is that the zombie hearing/vision balance is excellent. The 50% reduction through wall/environment can only make this more realistic and enjoyable. Will the 50% reductions stack? So multiple house walls between a character and a zombie will all but muffle the noise they are making?

Edit: Also, as I mentioned I've just spawned. I alt tabbed back in to find my dude passed out with a very slow timer.

[sTEALTH UPDATE] - Epilepsy?

i had that no run bug too just when i respawned. to fix it rightclick on your flashlight to move it in your pistol slot.

PLEASE FPS VEREÇAO 1.7.1.5 OF THIS ORRIVEL

Arrange THAT CAN NOT ENTER THE TAO OF SERVERS THAT THIS Locking

Something dayz needs BADLY is a confirmation dialogue upon clicking on 'Respawn'

It's a tiny, tiny thing to add to the mod yet it will save many tears (mine included as i accidentally killed myself this way when i had pretty good gear..) in the future

PLEASE!

PLEASE FPS VEREÇAO 1.7.1.5 OF THIS ORRIVEL

Arrange THAT CAN NOT ENTER THE TAO OF SERVERS THAT THIS Locking

kenubn pls dolan.png

Regarding not being able to run. I have come across this bug a few times myself now. Neither double tapping shift or holding it down will make my character run. I can go into the control options and am able to change the run key (shift is still able to be removed and added as the run key)' date=' but this makes no difference. I'm running version 1.7.1.5:93825.

[/quote']

Apart from the flash-light thing are you sure your not getting too cold? In my experience, if you allow your temperature to drop too low you will not be able to run any-more. This could also be what you are experiencing?