rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

Thank you for all the hard work rocket!

Any chance we could get an ETA on helicopters coming back for the general populace?

Another bug that has persisted through builds is take a compass/new weapon usually makes you drop your ammo (all not related to gun/those equipped for survival take option...).

Morphine is found in military camps and hospital' date=' sometimes in stores and that seems ok for me. You´re not going over the street, finding morphine there in "RL".

What´s wrong with a broken bone, when a zombie hitted you 3 times? Thats ok, shoot them or avoid them.

[/quote']

The problem is you can aggro a zombie near a barn and all of the sudden you have 5 zombies going zig-zag from 2-3 directions, and before you even have a chance to go in the barn at the top of the stairs, there's 1-2 zombies on your back - 1 punch and you have broken legs.

Getting broken anything is very unrealistic - might break a nose or lose some teeth... but breaking a leg from a zombie that's obviously punching or scratching like an animal?

The player seems to have a 5-hit "timer" that results in a broken leg after the 5th hit has been completed. Morphine resets this "timer".

Source: Personal testing along with another person conducting similar tests who posted previously.

I thought rocket said he fixed zombies attacking through walls and running through walls and into houses and stuff? they're CLEARLY still doing all that stuff, I was sniping in cherno and I lost this kid in a house but I could tell where he was sitting because a zombie was attacking him through the wall...

* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue

* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun, moon, cloud, rain, and fog state

* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)

* [NEW] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

HELL YEAH!!

on the subject of lighting, is it possible for anything to be done about using flashlights inside during night? as it is you just get a small circle of lighting wherever its aiming, theres no radiant light outside of its "cone" and it doesnt really help at all.

i got chased indoors last night and couldnt navigate my way past them and outside because the damn light focus was so narrow

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%' date=' means more players + zombies possible)

[/quote']

Im curious as to how this works, will it clean up items around areas that are being farmed for better stuff, ie the trash sitting in large piles near high value areas?

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%' date=' means more players + zombies possible)

[/quote']

Im curious as to how this works, will it clean up items around areas that are being farmed for better stuff, ie the trash sitting in large piles near high value areas?

It uses some functionality from the next ArmA2 beta. Huge performance increase in development version.

Great job Rocket & the team. You have my full support.

It is amazing how much time and effort you put on this MOD.

I have to say it's getting better and better. I haven't played a GOOD zombie-survivor game for years. I'm a big fan (since PS 1) of Silent Hill, Resident Evil and Left 4 dead series but this is all mixed in 1. Keep on going this is going as far as YOU want it to go, just check out the unique players.. it's going sky high! :)

* [FIXED] Daylight calculations causing slight FPS issue

* [NEW] Visibility now smoothly alters based on sun' date=' moon, cloud, rain, and fog state

* [NEW'] Aubility now dampened in rain and increased by fog

* [FIXED] Object cleanup causing significant (huge) performance issue on servers (reduced by up to 50%, means more players + zombies possible)

Now we need more fog!!! (engine willing)

If I make a suggestion to add private chat channel when the options @ Join / channel name

[/quote']

It uses some functionality from the next ArmA2 beta. Huge performance increase in development version.

it looks like all the stuff you are doing with the arma 2 engine for dayz is helping the arma 2 team fix up the engine even more. pretty neat Symbiotic relationship.

Wait, so moving in the rain just got quieter, that makes sense, but am i reading this right, moving in the fog got louder? How does fog make one more noisy?

Wait' date=' so moving in the rain just got quieter, that makes sense, but am i reading this right, moving in the fog got louder? How does fog make one more noisy?

[/quote']

Sound travels faster in fog because the water molecules are more densely packed and therefore transmit the vibrations easier.

It would be the same with rain if the rain splattering itself wasn't so loud.

• Like 1

Wait' date=' so moving in the rain just got quieter, that makes sense, but am i reading this right, moving in the fog got louder? How does fog make one more noisy?

[/quote']

Sound travels faster in fog because the water molecules are more densely packed and therefore transmit the vibrations easier.

Fog doesn't make things louder. This was tested by a few smart guys named Henry, Tyndall and

Reynolds in the 1870s.

One could argue that because visibility is decreased in foggy conditions, all other senses are heightened, including hearing.

That has also been proven as fact.

Hey Rocket, great work as usual.

I remember you awhile back saying you were going to lock the game / mod down eventually to one game / server type so everything is persistent and everyone's experience is synonymous no matter what server they join.

Was just curious when this would happen? I'm hoping sooner than later!

Can't wait Rocket. Looking forward to it :)

Any reason there is a huge framerate drop when looking at buildings/towns' date=' yet GPU usage stays really low? Something in buildings eating my fps for some reason?

[/quote']

there's your culprit

Rocket, if you want to get technical, sound transmission is far slower at high altitude (less particle density). Also, it really doesn't matter what type of particle/molecule sound is transmitted through, as sound is just a vibration. In theory, as long as a gas is compressed sound can travel as fast as or faster than sound in water (water is incompressible, as with any liquid).

I agree with it being harder to hear in rain. It is obviously louder with rain drops smashing the ground. Fog on the other hand does seem to be louder, but I think only because whenever I se fog it is early morning and there is no one around. Not sure if sound actually increases in fog though, but I love the changes. Way to go.

[/quote']

Come now, Rocket. You just made that up to screw with us.

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

Why do anything? It has no effect IRL. Leave it alone. Or make it so there's no birds chirping or whatever, I suppose. That might lend it a creepier atmosphere. But the zombies shouldn't hear better or worse in it, nor should we.

If you want to make it realistic, or even more fun to play, have it depend on the ambient background noise. If there's a car running outside, or wind in trees, or waves crashing, the zeds would be less likely to hear a footstep. IDK how feasible it is.

What do we want to do with fog folks? +/- the sound you make?

The increased sound range is fine during fog. It's not like there is constant fog all over the map. So I think that, in itself, balances it.