rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.2

love dayz, so do my buddehs, but gotta note, got attacked at night time on a hill, and there was really no indication of it until i was knocked unconscious , died shortly after.

* [NEW] Player Syncing system replaced (increased performance and ammo quantity tracking)

What does it mean exactly? We won't lose our incomplete magazines after logging out, or what?

Dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere' date=' but I encountered a bug yesterday where going into water deep enough to enter the swim animation caused my character to lose his backpack and all items in the main inventory. Sidearm/mags/bandages and tools remained. I tested this 2 more times after it initially happened with new characters (and on different servers) and lost the same items each time.

Amazing work on these updates, thanks for all the hard work!

[/quote']

That is an issue of Arma2 itself not Dayz

Re Colour Blindness & current UI.

Not sure if you are aware but the majoriety of colourblind sufferers can not distinguish Red & Green.

The current colour changes in food & water indicators aren't of use to me.

Are there plans to change the UI or would you consider the above to warrant a change any time soon?

Also when using a high resolution (1920x1080 on a 40" tv for eg) the text sizes are far too small - are there plans to enable personalization of parts or the whole of the UI?

Please' date=' please make FAL and Bizon mags spawn outside of helicopters.

Or make Bizon mags spawn outside of helicopters and M24/DMR mags convertible to FAL mags (since they use the same rounds)

Ammo saving will make it extremely obnoxious to use the FAL, and Bizon, but [i']not the AS50 or L85A2. That's not fair.

+1 Please let use convert M24/DMR to FAL mags

OH and add Mk16 and Mk17. Lovely guns!

Very nice to see some good performance fixes' date=' but please atleast for all us gamers and your slaves, fix the spawn rate of the zeds, cant you make it so no zombie spawns near a player( after a bunch have already spawned) for like 5 minutes?

[/quote']

I second this post, zombie respawn rate needs to be logical, right now its way over powered and takes away from a sense of conquering your own little area for a short while.

If you wanna grow a pair and gun down a dozen zombies, you should be rewarded with a clean zone for atleast a few minutes my opinion.

Perhaps, no set time limit could be given but a random amount of time between 2-5 minutes, that way you can't get too comfortable.

Zombie spawn rate is a bit mental at the moment - was at the NW airfield fire station last night with a couple of others, we were fending off a constant stream of Zeds for about 30 minutes, until we ran out of ammo, dropped primary weapons and resorted to hatchets, but even then as soon as we got outside they were aggro'ed again, but we had no ammo this time... needless to say it did not end well, but it ended...

Don't get me wrong I like a challenge, but there was literally no chance of survival as they seemed to spawn instantly.

Also, zombies are still spawning not just near but ON players. A few times while hiding near towns, we'd clear the zeds only to have them respawn on top of us, once literally with their feet blocking my view (In first person, prone)

Also noticed a bug where zombies in Elektro refused to go on the dock near the water on bay side, you could run around the inside of the 'horse-shoe' shape and aggro as many as you want, as they would not cross the center line...

Don't know if this has been reported yes or no, or if anybody else has come across this before but there seems to be something wrong the spawn rate of hatchets.

All the buildings that spawn hatchets seem to spawn only hatchets most of the time.

Was playing co-op with an other survivor last night and most of the time we only found hatchets and thrash loot like empty cans and such. At one point we entered what I think was a stable (?) that spawned a hatchet at every loot spot. So i guess hatchets spawn to frequently?

Also deerstands seem to spawn either nothing or thrash loot. (raided 8 deerstands last night halve of them were empty, might have been some bad luck on my part)

And is it just me or do zeds seem to spawn most of the time only in small shacks? And when they do there seems to be no loot what kinda sucks after taking the risk of clearing out one of this small spaces with 2-3 zeds in it.

Just thinking, due to the lack of morphine (which is an issue, but in all fairness it would only be found in a hospital in RL most of the time) how about a slow healing process, so for example you breaka leg, after an hour or so of crawling, hiding, defending and panicking you can crouch run on it (but not as fast as normal), giving you more chance to get to a hospital, but even if STILL no morphine after another couple of hours you eventually heal?

Just a thought...

Dunno if this has been mentioned elsewhere' date=' but I encountered a bug yesterday where going into water deep enough to enter the swim animation caused my character to lose his backpack and all items in the main inventory. Sidearm/mags/bandages and tools remained. I tested this 2 more times after it initially happened with new characters (and on different servers) and lost the same items each time.

Amazing work on these updates, thanks for all the hard work!

[/quote']

You'll laugh - this is actually an intended FEATURE of Arma 2.

Yeah, the game play engineer & designer reaponsible for this one must have poured crack on their cornflakes that day.

The newest beta patch makes the feature a configurable thing on servers, but most server admins haven't adopted it yet.

Hoping the zombie hearing inside buildings sorts some of the aggro issues, if the 65 meter hearing thing is true though that seems a very long distance to hear someone creeping around at a crouch, even with no background noise but outside with the birds and screechind zsombies sea/wind if someone was creeping around crouched they would be pretty hard to hear.

How about lowering that overall but have random small noise spike to simulate stepping on twings etc? could make crouch walking mostly viable again but with the risk of alerting zeds? and if you need to you still have the option to crawl sacrificing that speed for the comfort of knowing you wont alert something noisily.

Not sure if you are aware but the majoriety of colourblind sufferers can not distinguish Red & Green.

Are there plans to change the UI or would you consider the above to warrant a change any time soon?

Also when using a high resolution (1920x1080 on a 40" tv for eg) the text sizes are far too small - are there plans to enable personalization of parts or the whole of the UI?

I know of no fixes for the colour-blind issue, and agree that could be a problem for some users - could do with an update to the icons in that case.

As for text size - I believe there's an option under "Advanced" settings in the video options section (on the right iirc) where you can change the size of the UI - might need a restart to set it properly.

I might have missed the reason for this happenign but the only gripe I have with this otherwise fantastic game is the Zombies attacking through walls. I was in a cow shed trying to hide from some that I had aggro'd and while carefully watching the door with my back against the wall I got attacked (broke bones as well) then another morphed through the wall and started attacking.

I know this will probably be addressed but it was happening loads yesterday. Broken bones are up but I can avoid them if they weren't coming at me through what look like solid brick.

Zeds just seem to run through anything at the minute to get at you, barbed wire, boxes, closed doors and walls.

So, is it just me but are some zombies running inside buildings?

In many cases on multiple server if I aggro zombies and go inside some of the zombies will still run at me while inside, most walk but a few will lurch run. As well as hit me through walls or walk through doors and barriers.

Also I know it's probably a common thing but can the zombies just die after you "kill" them, every zombies that gets close to me and I shot/hit with a killing blow spends at least a second hitting me before it keels over dead.

So to sum it all up. Fix the zombies, as it stand I have more trouble with zombies not behaving as they should then to anything else in the game.

Just sayin.

Hey Rocket, just letting you know you may need to look into one of the fixes from build 1.7.1.4:

* [FIXED] Unable to repair helicopter fuel leak (repair all parts to 95% or above and fuel leak will stop)

We've done some extensive testing and have concluded that this in fact does not happen. We have repaired and double repaired every single componant (including windscreens) on our leaky helicopter and she still leaks at an alarming rate.

93958] New: Dropping items while swimming can be disabled with "enableItemsDropping = 0;" in description.ext

Seems to me that it is a mission build decision.

Correct me if I'm wrong !

Once you get knocked unconscious for what ever reason pvp or zombie attacks. If you get given an Epi pen/w8 to come back to life and have to log out of the server for what ever reason. Even up to 5+mins later after regaining consciousness. (my main reason is work and getting called away alot but still play as I am sooo addicted...lol even 10mins here and there is a fix...).

You come back and you will be unconscious again. But i've seen it where you join another server you seem fine. Go back to original server and you get the unconscious state again.

Having to restart the server does fix this but I don't like to restart too often only around twice / 3 times a day if we can help it to keep server running smooth and loot spawning.

And once again the LAST PATCH is the Dogs B......S. Getting closer to an truly awesome MOD. Where can i buy shares???

Please' date=' please make FAL and Bizon mags spawn outside of helicopters.

Or make Bizon mags spawn outside of helicopters and M24/DMR mags convertible to FAL mags (since they use the same rounds)

Ammo saving will make it extremely obnoxious to use the FAL, and Bizon, but [i']not the AS50 or L85A2. That's not fair.

So much this! The M107 an STANAG rounds are so easy to find relative to Bizon ammo.

Please fix this alongside the sync!

Any reason there is a huge framerate drop when looking at buildings/towns' date=' yet GPU usage stays really low? Something in buildings eating my fps for some reason?

[/quote']

same question here. started with 1.7.1.5

Any reason there is a huge framerate drop when looking at buildings/towns' date=' yet GPU usage stays really low? Something in buildings eating my fps for some reason?

[/quote']

same question here. started with 1.7.1.5

I think it was before that

Friend of mine suffers this the closer to the town he gets the worse it gets and he has had this a while

I know of no fixes for the colour-blind issue' date=' and agree that could be a problem for some users - could do with an update to the icons in that case.

As for text size - I believe there's an option under "Advanced" settings in the video options section (on the right iirc) where you can change the size of the UI - might need a restart to set it properly.

[/quote']

An easy fix should be displaying a percentage over the icons. Even for people who don't suffer from color blindness, it's sometimes hard to tell if the icon is orange or red, yet, due to the low opacity and the mostly green/brown background.

No offense, but I wonder if color blind see a big difference from normal gameplay to when it all turns greyish when you're hurt?

since 1.7.1.5 was released:

# watches found: >200

# compasses found: 3

Da Fuq man?