fml

This is what happens when you post your opinion here

It isn't purely shoot on site. I think only about a sixth of all people I met after the update where we no longer spawn with weapons shot me on sight' date=' and those times where when I had weapons on me. A vast majority of people I encounter I say "Friendly?" too, they respond with "Yes." and we journey around together for a bit untill one of us dies, or has to leave. Hell, I've had multiple groups of 6+ people during the past few days, just because I talk to them through my mic over Direct Communication, and those instances were the most fun I've had with Day Z so far.

A truly informative suggestion is based on the feelings of the community or at the least a decent sized percentage of it, not just ones personal experience (I.E. you). Bandit skins are completely unnecessary and just take away some of the Realism of this SIMULATOR. Some people will kill you for your gear, some people will kill you out of fear, some people will kill you for fun, and that's what the excitement of Day Z is built on, so get used to it.

[/quote']

It is purely shoot on site. 100% of all the people I met after the update shot me on site. No one is friendly, they just shoot. A truly informative suggestion is based on the feelings of the community or at the least a decent sized percentage of it, not just ones personal experience (I.E. you) See what I did thar?

And yes yes, realism, simulator, and all that good stuff. I agree, changing clothes jsut because youre a bandit doesn't seem real at all. Then again, neither does everyone killing everyone any chance they get. The Walking Dead is realistic, Shane isnt shooting Rick just because he has a sweet shotgun.

As some one who doesn't play as a bandit and gets shot every other day by them' date=' ( some were very impressive kills BTW)

I have to agree, I mean bandits should have bright pink clothing with a flourescent green arrow over thier head. Every kill makes the arrow bigger and pink brighter. At 25 survivor kills the bandits head should grow till you can spot him at the NW airfield from Cherno. That way sniveling impatient fools don't have to learn to play the game, including the risk taking and decision making of trusting another player.

Ever consider it would only help you continue foolish actions? Your not gonna see the skin of the guy 500m away that blows your head off with a DMR.

[/quote']

Funny, I've never been sniped because I'm a tactful player. I assume you speak from experience, so maybe youre the one with the foolish actions. Every time I attempt to co-operate, it just ends in a shootout. Did I say I want a carebare fix? Bandit marker on the map? Nope, I said the skin. The skin isnt any more noticable than a survivor skin.

Yeah, it is. The colors are completely different. Did you even play the game when we still had them in?

Yes. I mean noticable as in the way the way you are making it out to be. "bright pink clothing with a flourescent green arrow over thier head. Every kill makes the arrow bigger and pink brighter. At 25 survivor kills the bandits head should grow till you can spot him at the NW airfield from Cherno" You are only enforcing your agruement on exageration.

It isn't purely shoot on site. I think only about a sixth of all people I met after the update where we no longer spawn with weapons shot me on sight' date=' and those times where when I had weapons on me. A vast majority of people I encounter I say "Friendly?" too, they respond with "Yes." and we journey around together for a bit untill one of us dies, or has to leave. Hell, I've had multiple groups of 6+ people during the past few days, just because I talk to them through my mic over Direct Communication, and those instances were the most fun I've had with Day Z so far.

A truly informative suggestion is based on the feelings of the community or at the least a decent sized percentage of it, not just ones personal experience (I.E. you). Bandit skins are completely unnecessary and just take away some of the Realism of this SIMULATOR. Some people will kill you for your gear, some people will kill you out of fear, some people will kill you for fun, and that's what the excitement of Day Z is built on, so get used to it.

[/quote']

It is purely shoot on site. 100% of all the people I met after the update shot me on site. No one is friendly, they just shoot. A truly informative suggestion is based on the feelings of the community or at the least a decent sized percentage of it, not just ones personal experience (I.E. you) See what I did thar?

And yes yes, realism, simulator, and all that good stuff. I agree, changing clothes jsut because youre a bandit doesn't seem real at all. Then again, neither does everyone killing everyone any chance they get. The Walking Dead is realistic, Shane isnt shooting Rick just because he has a sweet shotgun.

As some one who doesn't play as a bandit and gets shot every other day by them' date=' ( some were very impressive kills BTW)

I have to agree, I mean bandits should have bright pink clothing with a flourescent green arrow over thier head. Every kill makes the arrow bigger and pink brighter. At 25 survivor kills the bandits head should grow till you can spot him at the NW airfield from Cherno. That way sniveling impatient fools don't have to learn to play the game, including the risk taking and decision making of trusting another player.

Ever consider it would only help you continue foolish actions? Your not gonna see the skin of the guy 500m away that blows your head off with a DMR.

[/quote']

Funny, I've never been sniped because I'm a tactful player. I assume you speak from experience, so maybe youre the one with the foolish actions. Every time I attempt to co-operate, it just ends in a shootout. Did I say I want a carebare fix? Bandit marker on the map? Nope, I said the skin. The skin isnt any more noticable than a survivor skin.

Yeah, it is. The colors are completely different. Did you even play the game when we still had them in?

Yes. I mean noticable as in the way the way you are making it out to be. "bright pink clothing with a flourescent green arrow over thier head. Every kill makes the arrow bigger and pink brighter. At 25 survivor kills the bandits head should grow till you can spot him at the NW airfield from Cherno" You are only enforcing your agruement on exageration.

No, i'm saying as a player who had the bandit skin quite frequently, it IS more noticeable. The colors were completely different, as was the visual profile. It was distinct, and it made you a giant target because you looked like some sort of desert operator/taliban

The heartbeat feature is good enough, IMO. Why does the indicator need to be visual?

Anyway, I'm a fan of the "hallucination" idea proposed by someone elsewhere on the forums - people with low humanity start hearing shit that isn't there. Zombie aggro sounds, gunfire etc. Paranoia, baby.

Not killing people would be the only way to avoid it.

It is purely shoot on site. 100% of all the people I met after the update shot me on site. No one is friendly' date=' they just shoot. A truly informative suggestion is based on the feelings of the community or at the least a decent sized percentage of it, not just ones personal experience (I.E. you) See what I did thar?[/quote']

Yes, I did see what you did there. I said "Don't only put your personal experiences in to play while ignoring every elses before pitching a game altering decision", and you said "NO, DAZ U LOL". Yes, I'll stop pitching my game altering decisions here than, my bad. :rolleyes:

And yes yes' date=' realism, simulator, and all that good stuff. I agree, changing clothes jsut because youre a bandit doesn't seem real at all. Then again, neither does everyone killing everyone any chance they get. The Walking Dead is realistic, Shane isnt shooting Rick just because he has a sweet shotgun.

[/quote']

Not everyone kills on sight though. Every person plays the game how they think it should be played, and apparently you just keep running in to the ones that play to splatter your grey matter up against the asphalt. Sucks for you. Try risking your life more, (And when I say this, I mean placing your gun at standby and talking on mic to the people you see, or simply helping pick zombies off a weaponless survivor, NOT placing your temple up against another survivors iron-sight and not saying a word while doing so like in your video), and you're bound to have trustworthy partners eventually.

Or you can just go on the forums and ask Rocket to tell everyone who's nice and mean for you so you never have to take a risk yourself in this game where you're average life is 30 minutes. But hey, your call.

Welcome to counter strike with zombies.

I've run out of arguments' date=' so now I'mma post the same infantile shit everywhere.

[/quote']

That's too bad.

I'm mad because OP didnt reply to me

Thats too bad. I'm not wasting my time debating with trolls, retards, and 13 year olds.

Dont cry now

Thats too bad. I'm not wasting my time debating with trolls' date=' retards, and 13 year olds.

[/quote']

In fact, I get the impression that's exactly what you want to do, hence the childish retarded troll replies. But whatever, it's your dad's bike. Keep it up.

Thats too bad. I'm not wasting my time debating with trolls' date=' retards, and 13 year olds.

[/quote']

In fact, I get the impression that's exactly what you want to do, hence the childish retarded troll replies. But whatever, it's your dad's bike. Keep it up.

I am echoing you. What does that say about you?

Emulation is the greatest form of flattery, so I guess you wish you were smart like me. ;)

[/quote']

I am echoing you. What does that say about you?

Get yourself a room.

Thread is bad and OP should feel bad.

Mmmh, the delicious smell of fresh butthurt in the morning. You can't beat that.

Dont cry now

[/quote']

You're 24, you're on the low end of age in this community.

Dont cry now

[/quote']

You're 24, you're on the low end of age in this community.

I am 23, I didnt enter my birthdate correctly. And that is fine, what I was getting at was the ignorance and immaturity of the community, and yes I realize not every 13 year old is immature or ignorant.

Hey, remember back when we had bandit skins?

How everyone would shoot a bandit on sight?

Even when that person was a 'bandit' because he had been shot at by some twitchy survivor and had to shoot back?

Yeah, having a bandit skin swings both ways; the moment you end up as a bandit, either through intentional survivor killing, or self defense, or even an accident, you become a great big walking target to just about everyone.

Playing 'tactfully' (I think you mean tactically, or perhaps forgivingly?) does work out if you do it right; talking to other people before running up to them allows you to, you know, learn their intentions.

The only places I've been shot on sight since they removed the bandit skin are at airstrip, NW airfield, cherno, and elektro. Clearly OP has bad luck and, judging from the video, a lack of common sense too.

Yes, there are players out there who have nothing better to do than kill other players. They're pretty easy to deal with; either avoid the guy with the DMR sitting on the roof of Devil's Castle, or travel through the woods so that you don't get sniped while running across the fields near Stary Sobor.

Hey' date=' remember back when we had bandit skins?

How everyone would shoot a bandit on sight?

Even when that person was a 'bandit' because he had been shot at by some twitchy survivor and had to shoot back?

Yeah, having a bandit skin swings both ways; the moment you end up as a bandit, either through intentional survivor killing, or self defense, or even an accident, you become a great big walking target to just about everyone.

Playing 'tactfully' (I think you mean tactically, or perhaps forgivingly?) does work out if you do it right; talking to other people before running up to them allows you to, you know, learn their intentions.

The only places I've been shot on sight since they removed the bandit skin are at airstrip, NW airfield, cherno, and elektro. Clearly OP has bad luck and, judging from the video, a lack of common sense too.

Yes, there are players out there who have nothing better to do than kill other players. They're pretty easy to deal with; either avoid the guy with the DMR sitting on the roof of Devil's Castle, or travel through the woods so that you don't get sniped while running across the fields near Stary Sobor.

[/quote']

Then they could tweak the bandit skin settings so that it is easier to earn back civillian clothes, and you only become a bandit after 5 survivor kills in a 24 hour time frame. If being a target to just about everyone is so bad, you should try playing as a survivor...we have always been a target to everyone.

I meant what I said, playing tactfully. I know how to play, and I do use direct communication chat when approaching someone and attempting to group up.

I've survived 5+days and 24+ hours on a single character. I've been playing since before 1.7. This isn't a "carebear" complaint, or a "make it easier so I dont get killed so much" whine, as everyone instantly assumes, or wants to believe.

Or they could just not put in bandit skins at all.

When you walk around in your hometown can you tell who would kill you and take your beans in an apocalyptic situation? Can you look at someone and just SEE that they are "bad"?

There is no practical way to implement this idea, as any mechanic that you can come up with has holes and punishes people for playing the game their way and not your way.