backdoornobaby

DayZ Standalone Server Hosting

wall of text

Hall says the new ideas have "similar DNA" to DayZ, because he's fascinated in that type of game. "I feel like DayZ is a fundamentally flawed concept," he said, "and I've always recognised that. It's not the perfect game; it's not the multiplayer experience, and it never can be, [with] the absolute spark that I want in it."

"And also, I never intended to be here," continued Hall, who originally intended to spend a few months working at Bohemia as a break from the New Zealand army: he's now been at the developer for over two years. "It's kind of like cooking in someone else's kitchen: I don't want to be constantly telling Bohemia that this is how I do it and this is the way we do it," he said.

You cant blame Bohemia because they gave allot of resources to Rocket so that he could develop the game as he wanted, he could just not get the spark in the game as he wanted. And its his "spark" not the spark of the other developers so they do not have the vision he has for the game and follow his every word.

And about your "renting a car" thing. If you rent a car and they say you can only use the car in this state/country (what is really common) then you have to follow their guidelines in that regard, if you do not like their guidelines go find a other car service that provides in your needs.

Fragnet just enabled BEC´s extended controlls. So we have server messages now when the next restart is occuring.

rocket should just add private hives then the backseat admins will run the public servers, admins who like control can script and do as they see fit, and stupid five year olds with M4s can be lonely on there dumbass server.

I don't know what the current update mechanism is for the server architecture, but there should be something put in place that automatically pushes out the updates to the servers. If something changes, when the server instance gets started, or goes through a certain time check, it must check in with the central servers and update itself. If it doesn't update in X time, it doesn't start. Every server obviously has some form of internet access, so this is pretty dead simple.

It's annoying for people in my position as I have access to multiple servers (Real servers in datacenters) on dedicated fiber links. I'm not going to pay 70$ a month for something that I'm being dictated how to run it. I would love to run a server publicly (And follow the ruleset that is in place)... But I'm not going to piss that kind of money away when I have the resources sitting right in front of me. If I wanted my own private server for me and buddies, SURE I'd pay it. But let me do what I want with it.

In this case, I want to contribute (multiple) public servers, at no cost, on serious hardware... But I can't for hell knows what reason. (I've contacted support, and gotten replies, until it comes to the simple "Why" question.)

The only sane reason I can think of is the ability to push updates, which could be mitigated very easily by an automatic update mechanism. As for settings and rules... Simple. If it's public, the options are locked and they have to comply. If it's private, well then go nuts.

They have confirmed to me that it WILL be coming, but damn I hate to sound impatient, but this isn't a huge issue to overcome and then it can be allowed.

Just because someone has the money to buy or rent or server it does not automatically qualify them with the experience or trust to administer or control the DayZ SA rules. Just sayin'  

For me this situation seems a bit weird.

As a player I find it reasonable to abide by the rules of the server I play, thus the rules set by the administrator (possibly the man that pays for the server). I believe it is obvious that I abide by the rules of that specific server the moment I enter it.

If they want to have it private I find it Ok (after all, they pay for it and I on the other hand can go elsewhere).

If I play like a moron and they kick me I find it right. If I kill him or his teammates and they kick me that I don't find right.

Players that complain/report about private servers, and rules and kicking for KOS play-style are totally unjust.

Regarding the rules set by the company, it is unreasonable to set such restrictive rules to people renting servers the moment you make money from that activity. If you want people play by your rules then provide public servers where players (alpha/beta testers) can play.

• Like 1

The problem is that the owned servers that are restarting every few minutes are affecting the public HIVE. Let them restart the server and farm loot but then do not give them the option to bring this gear to other servers - simply make a HIVE for every private server.

The problem is that the owned servers that are restarting every few minutes are affecting the public HIVE. Let them restart the server and farm loot but then do not give them the option to bring this gear to other servers - simply make a HIVE for every private server.

Its a good idea, and its why I currently have two test private hive servers running, I want players to start fresh, and not be able to loot up on 0 population servers, they have to survive and cherish what they loot instead of cycling through other servers, and wait until the server is restarted until new loot is deployed. It makes the game too easy, and people just want to use it as a new call of duty.