trickfrog100

Dayz Standalone server problems.

I just bought Dayz on steam for $30 I downloaded it and it runs fine but I cant actually play the game. I have no frame-rate issues at all the game seems to run smooth its just that there are no servers. I mean ZERO SERVERS (btw I know I should be posting on the bug report forum but it said I was blocked from there for whatever reason) I get the game is in alpha but I would like to be at least able to play it.  Maybe I'm being an idiot and I have to go to some site and enter a  IP  or something but other than that it doesnt work. PLEASE HELP ME I really want to play Dayz but I cant no servers show up when I hit play and there is no option to host your own PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE HELP ME! Seriously though if someone has an answer to this problem please PLEASE PLEASE TELL ME. Thank you and have a nice day, or should I say... DayZ?

Hit the "Internet" button (you're stuck on "Lan" I'm guessing)

• Like 1

im laughing so hard....

• Like 1

I'm on internet and there are no servers I'm not sure what to do :(

I'm on internet and there are no servers I'm not sure what to do :(

Go to "Filter" (at the bottom) after hitting "Internet" (top-left in the server list), hit "Default" and go back. If that doesn't work, change the max ping to 1000 (add an extra 0); if servers pop up THEN, it means your internet connection is shit and you're fucked, sorry. If any still don't show up... well, sucks to be you.

Edited by Applejaxc

Go to "Filter" (at the bottom) after hitting "Internet" (top-left in the server list), hit "Default" and go back. If that doesn't work, change the max ping to 1000 (add an extra 0); if servers pop up THEN, it means your internet connection is shit and you're fucked, sorry. If any still don't show up... well, sucks to be you.

Didn't work. I did everything you said and nothing worked. I guess I'll never get to play DayZ that I paid my hard earned money for and my problem best damn be fixed in the future But anyways yeah I was expecting a few bugs here and there but I never thought I wouldn't get to play it. It truly does suck to be me.

You likely have an issue with your network. Could you please describe your network so that someone might have a chance at helping you troubleshoot?

Are you at school?

Are you on some large shared network?

What country are you in?

What kind of pings do you get to common websites?

What is your download speed?

It's hard enough to fix network problems with all the facts, but just saying 'it doesn't work, halp' won't get you very far.

I have the same problem and i'm in cananda at my home. My ping is normal on other games and i have a good internet. Please help me! 

I had the same problem. I encountered an issue with the servers not showing up. I had to re-download the game (didn't actually work).

The issue with me was my anti-virus was detecting dayz as a virus, i gave permission to dayz and my problem was fixed.

I noticed I get a nice list of servers with a ton <80 or so ping, then shortly after joining, I get connection issues and start to not interact with objects in the game, or it is very slow to move items around, or open doors.  When I exit the server, I then notice all of the servers ping have jumped up to 400-500ish.  Possibly my connection, as I am on wi-fi as my new house didn't have cat5 running to the office, once I get an ethernet drop I hope to see more steady server pings.

I guess I could move to where my router is, plug it in and test if that is really the issue, but I don't have time for that at the moment, as all of the other games and internet apps I use work just fine.

sounds like a firewall issue to me. Think about it, if everyone else is playing the game and seeing pages of servers - I'd check your NAT settings, make sure PnP is switched on

i have the same problem than u guys,

only solution i found to play by now is goin to

Servers/recent

and play on servers i played on ealier.

good luck !

I HAVE FOUND THE FIX.

Okay, so it is in fact to do with your firewall. You have to make sure that your firewall is enabling DayZ (or any other game for that matter) to access the internet. For Norton its fairly simple (hence why i use it), otherwise please research how to find these settings for your firewall.

Open Norton Internet Protection

GoTo Settings;Network;Smart Firewall;Program Rules (the configure button)

Now find any files that belong to DayZ and turn it to ALLOW. It cannot be custom or AUTO it MUST BE ALLOW.

And if you're still having trouble make sure to set your max pin filter high.

ENJOY and have fun in DAYZ

Is this enough to play DayZ SA?
3285676958.png

Edited by Subscriber

Wow what a little prick you are! here's an idea why don't you go screw that pony in your picture, ya sick furry!

thanks rocket for giving us a buggy piece of shit. "oh but it's still in alpha" and how long has it been in that stage? it will be still be alpha in 2 years time i bet. because you're all too busy sucking each

off.

2014_04_02_00001.jpg

Edited by kichilron
Go read the rules.

Wow what a little prick you are! here's an idea why don't you go screw that pony in your picture, ya sick furry!

thanks rocket for giving us a buggy piece of shit. "oh but it's still in alpha" and how long has it been in that stage? it will be still be alpha in 2 years time i bet. because you're all too busy sucking each

off.

Lovely. That's a timeout for you.

Not to mention that this is quite the old thread.

Locked.

Edited by kichilron
  • Like 1