Sign in to follow this  
WhiteZero

Hows performance on an i7 and GTX 770?

I've got new parts coming in to build a new gaming PC (after about 6 years on my current rig, plus upgrades over the years). Anyone with hardware similar to an i7-4770k and GTX 770 can comment on how performance is in SA as of now?

Disclaimer: I'm not expecting any kind of optimization in the game yet. Just making conversation.

Edited by WhiteZero

It will be about as good as it gets.

I notice very little difference on my two rigs.

RIg one:

AMD FX-8350 4,2 Ghz

Crossfire Radeon R9 290 4gb

8GB ram

Rig Two:

Intel i5 3570K

Geforce GTX 660

8GB ram

• Like 1

I've got new parts coming in to build a new gaming PC (after about 6 years on my current rig, plus upgrades over the years). Anyone with hardware similar to an i7-4770k and GTX 770 can comment on how performance is in SA as of now?

i7-3770 and GTX 680. Both similar enough I think!

Anywhere around 60fps when not in the big cities. Big cities go down to about 30 but the other day I was getting some weird stuttering I had never seen before. It went away eventually.

It's difficult to say where you'll be at as far as performance goes. They haven't really gotten down to optimization yet so it's a tough question this early on. For those components you have nothing to worry about as far as being able to run the game (obviously), and you're not going to be getting any crazy awesome performance because nobody is.

• Like 1

i7's just aren't worth it.

For this game. No :)

i have the i7-4770k, and evga gtx 770 4gb and the game runs smooth. i have all settings on high. Fraps shows i drop to sometimes 29 fps in Electro, but usually im well over 60fps. No stuttering, or anything thats unplayble.

Edited by muggerfugger
  • Like 1

It will be about as good as it gets.

I notice very little difference on my two rigs.

RIg one:

AMD FX-8350 4,2 Ghz

Crossfire Radeon R9 290 4gb

8GB ram

Rig Two:

Intel i5 3570K

Geforce GTX 660

8GB ram

How does rig one work for you?  I have the same setup, except with only one 290, and my PC struggles with the mod.  The recommended FPS boosters kinda worked, but not by a huge margin.

I honestly think this forum question is stupid.... so stupid... you already know the answer?

How does rig one work for you?  I have the same setup, except with only one 290, and my PC struggles with the mod.  The recommended FPS boosters kinda worked, but not by a huge margin.

Feels good enough. Do not have Fraps installed or any other FPS counter so can't see FPS. But from my experice after a lifetime as a geek. I'd say it's about 60 FPS with some dips. 

But I run the game in above average resolution. 2560x1440.

Got textures on high and all bloom effects and other crap turned off.

I honestly think this forum question is stupid.... so stupid... you already know the answer?

Not really. i7s are notorious for being bad on Dayz.

Feels good enough. Do not have Fraps installed or any other FPS counter so can't see FPS. But from my experice after a lifetime as a geek. I'd say it's about 60 FPS with some dips. 

But I run the game in above average resolution. 2560x1440.

Got textures on high and all bloom effects and other crap turned off.

Damn, I get 20-40 usually, with everything on normal, with Ambient Occlusion and all that disabled.  hrm.

hmm? Really? I heard people say they run it great, or the mod atleast. So I guess the standalone could be different. 

Yeah, I'm not at all expecting optizations yet. Just curious what others are seeing right now.

Why would they perform any worse than an i5 or an AMD FX chip? I don't think you're making any sense. Do you have some references on that?

Edited by WhiteZero

Yeah, I'm not at all expecting optizations yet. Just curious what others are seeing right now.

Why would they perform any worse than an i5 or an AMD FX chip? I don't think you're making any sense. Do you have some references on that?

I have an AMD FX-8150 processor, with two dual year and half old graphics cards cross firing, I usually get hmm 50-80+ FPS.

Whenever I record my FPS drop's below 40-30 FPS.  <_<

Edited by BRKermit

i5 3570k @ 4.4 ghz 

GTX 680 Lightning

I get 35-40 fps in Cherno, 60 or more everywhere else.

All you need to do is play with a few settings in your documents under Dayz profiles.

I'm running most things on very high. If I turned shadows to low I'd get more but it's playable :O

Vsync, motion blur, and anti-an-aliasing  are turned off aswell for me.

Edited by BRKermit