DerrocK (DayZ)

Surviving way too easy for veterans

It didn't take long for me to get a solid survivor going, it's true.

I would say try playing lone wolf style. Regaining blood as a lone wolf is ridiculous right now. :(

It also depends on what experience you came to DayZ for.

I am having an awesome time getting familiar with the new Chernarus, picking over the little towns and scouring all the buildings that used to be closed off.

In the current state of the alpher I can ring the dinner bell in a small roadside town, kill the 5 zeds that come running and then clear the buildings without worry.

acLqpVq.jpg

Edited by BioHaze

The degradation on weapons doesnt seem active at all, but again, only what ive heard, player killing will degrade weapons a lil faster then zombie kills. So far its just attachments that i have to replace.

Where did you hear that? Seems like a lil on the big load o bollocks side o things, for rocket to do that?

Edited by KingOchaos

I've just been exploring the whole map. I have explored all if not most of the new places. The new north of the map is quite beautiful despite the lack of buildings among other changes throughout the rest of the map.

I've just been exploring the whole map. I have explored all if not most of the new places. The new north of the map is quite beautiful despite the lack of buildings among other changes throughout the rest of the map.

Basically all I have been doing as well. I am happy things are easy right now. I have supplies to last for days and lots of map I haven't covered yet. I haven't found weapons yet though. But some ammo. The axe seems to be the best bet for silently killing zeds though. Enjoying easy mode, but looking forward to the real challenge ahead.

Its to easy cause there are no zombies in the game, so - Just wait...

Edited by industria

You know why? Because of bullshit Balota, 3 barracks, mil tents, ATC Tower, and the new barracks with a jail cell in them. I find M4's for days in there! Mags, ammo, packs, and other shit that you used to have to go to NWAF for. Stary Mil camp is gone now, and there is a Military Base right north of Kamenka! TOTAL BS! I spawned at Balota ran up to it for the first time and seen that it was a decked out military area. Got my bag, vest, helmet, medical, and got my guns (both M4 and pistol WITH mags and ammo) ran over to the town got my food and water just to basically meet "End Game" all within 8 minutes. There was nothing to do after that except to be that ass hat Bandit camper that doesn't know what the north side of the map looks like. So I dropped that shit in a random house in Cherno and ran north to do what REAL Vets do.

Nah balota is dangerous and is always looted but yes, I will go to the military base north of kamenka, green mountain and by the time I arrive to the military base west of stary I will probably already have an M4 with ammo, backpack, food+drink etc... Then, attatchment run at NWAF

I absolutely agree. Amusingly enough, there has been a thread complaining that it is too hard to survive for the new players.

People are never satisfied  :)

I am personally all for the scarcity of food and water. It would be better if it was uncommon enough that it keeps yu busy, and somtimes it would give you a genuine reason to shoot someone. Survival of the fittest.

About the shooting part too, i would like to see rarer ammunition, and even then it has the chance to spawn only a couple of rounds in a magazine. The way i see it, people would preserve ammo for self defence in a critical situation or to defend themselves against better geared players, rather that shooting on sight like in the mod because the ammo is so abundant that you can enter 2 houses and come out with a backpack full of magazines

Maybe having the wells a limited amount of water per time/restart would increase the survival difficulty regarding to the thirst :)

It didn't take long for me to get a solid survivor going, it's true.

I would say try playing lone wolf style. Regaining blood as a lone wolf is ridiculous right now.  :(

It also depends on what experience you came to DayZ for.

I am having an awesome time getting familiar with the new Chernarus, picking over the little towns and scouring all the buildings that used to be closed off.

In the current state of the alpher I can ring the dinner bell in a small roadside town, kill the 5 zeds that come running and then clear the buildings without worry.

I personally get bored quickly when lone wolfing :(

Lol these edits on my post for the quotes look so bad xD

Edited by DerrocK

Survival has always been pretty easy for vets. Once you know the map, and know where to go and get whatever you need, long as you stay low, it's pretty much just a matter of running there. 

I don't know for sure, but it seems like we're a ways off from the difficulty tuning stage of the game.