prominentalex

Rarest Item?

The rarest items I have found are (have only found em once):

I currently have each of these items on my M4.  lol

I've found three or four Aimpoints, bayonets out the wazoo.  Only the BUIS and suppressor once though.

2013-12-28_00003_zpsa5ea01db.jpg

Took the bayonet off, but I have it.  Still haven't figured out how to use it.  lol

anti-stab vest

I was disappointed by this. It feels buggy. It doesn't have any item slots - so that's six slots gone straightaway - and oddly it doesn't seem to appear on the chap's inventory screen either. I surmise that in the altered reality of DayZ it might stop pistol rounds but until someone opens up the source code I'm unconvinced that it's much use.

Edited by AshleyP

5.56 ammo, only ever seem to find it on corpses, never in Barracks or the holding cell buildings..

I was just given Magnum ammo by a friendly random guy I met.

That's a first on a couple of levels.

He offered it to me straight away saying that even if he found the gun he would not want it.

I gave him ammo for his m4.

I found a whole variety of scopes the night before and I believe I've had them all in at least worn/pristine condition once.

I found my 2nd walkie talkie as well. I'm not sure what to do with it yet....

I need to explore the updated areas of the map more and stop hovering around the old haunts.

I've pretty much found everything except the ZSh3 Pilot Helmet and the V for vendetta mask.

Anyone knows where these spawn? A buddy of mine told me the mask spawned inside the brick building for him but I have yet to see it.

Clearly the rarest item in the game is laundry detergent to clean all these funky clothes we find laying around all over....

Oh! Maybe a iPod to listen to while I run my daily marathons through the countryside looking for gear.

If you want pistol mags, check the firehouses.. there are usually 1-5 inside and on the roof.. depending on if its been looted or not.

I think it isn't about the rarity as much as it is about being late to loot it. Go up North and see the plentiful harvest you can collect.

I've found about everything except:

-Pristine or worn Acog sight.  Only had two ever and they were both damaged-badly damaged.

-Blue Press vest, seen it once on the rify and I left it because of the low capacity.  However I haven't seen any again and didn't realize it was rare then or I would have grabbed it.

-.357 mag pistol/ammo.  I still don't believe the gun is actually spawning yet.

-Never seen a walkie talkie in game

-never seen the MRE, pilot helmet, cooking clock.

-I FINALLY found the damn railed foregrip for the M4 once but I was killed by someone who spawned in a building with me shortly after

-high powered scope is pretty rare too in my experience

I'm sure there are more items in the game that I just don't know about

Edited by beardedcap

No one mentioned the Walkie Talkie so far.

I've found plenty of everything. But only one Walkie Talkie.

Press Vest is my personal "Holy Grail" I've only had it once, and when I lost it, I was sad.

Technically the rarest item in the game is the revolver. There are supposedly 2 of them that exist on the hive, but they don't currently spawn, despite being in the code of the game.

Finally, Mosins are way more rare than the M4 atm, but that's understandable because it's such an amazing weapon.

Other than that I've had no problems finding any of the loot.

jzti.jpg

I've recently got this stuff, and I'm afraid to connect again because I don't want to lose it.

I'm kind of a newbie, so tell me DayZ experts, how rare is the stuff I have on? Also the backpack is the 35 slot big one.

I'm going to lose it anyways when there is some big update but I'll be pissed if I lose it dying.

Blood test kit

It's the size of a credit card and it mostly clips through walls and floors due to how small its model is.

jzti.jpg

I've recently got this stuff, and I'm afraid to connect again because I don't want to lose it.

I'm kind of a newbie, so tell me DayZ experts, how rare is the stuff I have on? Also the backpack is the 35 slot big one.

I'm going to lose it anyways when there is some big update but I'll be pissed if I lose it dying.

Nothing too rare, you can find all this stuff if you visit a military area after a reset or at least before others have taken everything. This is what most competent players end up looking like if they don't get shot before finding a gun.

Edited by Leto

Finally, Mosins are way more rare than the M4 atm, but that's understandable because it's such an amazing weapon.

Pro-tip: Mosin Nagant often spawn in wrecked car that you can interact with (like the GAZ), Check the front seat, back seat and trunk. 

Pro-tip: Mosin Nagant often spawn in wrecked car that you can interact with (like the GAZ), Check the front seat, back seat and trunk. 

Just like maps. I found one in the driver seat. Took 5 minutes of gameplay after being killed.

Edited by skin_head_army

The majority of stuff people are saying is not rare.

No weapons are particularly rare compared to some stuff - unless Shotguns are out yet... I've played 34 Hours - and every life I've gotten to end game points and haven't seen one, despite being called common on the wiki.

Anyway, if you want to see rare stuff, go on the wiki and look at the loot page under the military section.

I'm not sure how much of it is ACTUALLY in game at the moment, but here's a couple of incredibly rare things;

GPS System

Night Vision Goggles

Walkie - Talkies

There are a few others, but I'm fairly sure that night vision goggles and walkie-talkies are actually implemented - and am 50/50 on GPS. These all are very, very rare spawns, limited to only the Barracks and Air Control Tower buildings. I have yet to see any of them - and know no one who has seen any either. The most common of the three seems to be walkie-talkies.

People saying things like Defibs, Anti Biotics, Maps, Cooking Pots and the likes aren't looking in the right places.

Protector Cases and Cooking Clocks do seem to be very rare too - but I've seen them in game personally. I've not seen a pilot helmet, but I'm not sure that's actually in game yet - the same with anti-stab vests.

Accidental Double Post, sorry.

Edited by Isaaq