prominentalex

Rarest Item?

I guess I was lucky this morning, cause after 45min of play time I found this in cherno:

Compass

Map

6 slotted vest

rise

canteen

7 cans of food

Ammo for that FX something Pistol! Thats rare imo! ;)

i love how everyone calls that pistol the FX something

Rice? i find rice in every building, one time 3 good, full packages in one room.

Small protector case? Atleast one in every firewatch.

for me, M4 is the rarest :D have seen one since now, on the back of someone, who crossed my Mosin^^. but i just hid the m4 with the body, no need for that gun

Edit: And the map... never seen one :/

Edit 2:

Ammo for that FX something Pistol! Thats rare imo! ;)

take one of the 15 bullet magazines laying around eeeeverywhere, put in the .45 rounds laying around eeeverywhere, put into FX Something.

Edited by generelleasy

Edit 2:

take one of the 15 bullet magazines laying around eeeeverywhere, put in the .45 rounds laying around eeeverywhere, put into FX Something.

Nice tip!  Thanks!

Edited by archone88

I found players that don't KoS you to be the rarest thing in game. I was running around with full equip and had a freshspawn run after me with a baseball bat trying to play baseball with my head. Like srsly, I am the most friendly dude you are going to encounter, he could have had a spare pistol, vest and food but he insisted on trying to kill me. Felt strange emptying a C-Mag into him and his friend while shouting "FRIENDLY FFS!"

No remorse, you did what you had to do to defend yourself

I've only seen one Walkie Talkie, never seen or heard of the Mosin Compensator, and never seen a blood test kit or know anybody that has seen one in bajillions of hours of play.

To me ammo is rare if you are not server hopping, they should also make M4s and pistols more rare because they are all over any barracks.

The rifle red dot sight is also rare i only found that once and i didn't have a rifle at the time.

Map was quite hard to get. 

I had full cooking set but couldnt do anything with it.

Also i had defibrilator but it didnt work when used on unconscious player.

Havent seen walkie talkie or that yellow box.  <_<

348hfms.jpg106zvxe.jpg

Edited by Itsme

I've got a walkie talkie, no idea how to use it though. I've had plenty of defibs and blood test kits (usually find blood test in a first aid box) but aint seen a mosin compensator yet

anyone seen a pilot helmet yet?

ZSH3 pilot helmet 

anti-stab vest

blue press vest

cooking pot

frying pan

cooking clock

small protector case (6 slots for 4 inv slot)

dried and preserved foods, especially MRE

I found a Blue Press vest in a train station at Elektro during a loot run

I've only seen one Walkie Talkie, never seen or heard of the Mosin Compensator, and never seen a blood test kit or know anybody that has seen one in bajillions of hours of play.

I have seen 1 walkie talkie total. I found 2 blood test kits, not in the same day, and my buddy found 1.  As for the mosin compensator... never seen it, nor heard of it.

As for the rest, it seems like sometimes certain items spawn more than others.  I had 1 life where I found 2 clips for the FNX45 right off the bat, then found the pistol a few minutes later.  I've had times where I saw 6 compasses and no food, and other times 0 compasses.  I've seen the respirators a bunch of times and not others.  One life my buddy and I found 3 maps, another time 2, and a couple of times 0.  I've had 2 lives where I had a mosin, one of those times I had no ammo for it and no food.  I've had times where ammo was abundant, and others not.

It may also be dependent on the server.  I don't know if a server ends up with random loot every time it restarts or if it stays the same loot table as the first time it started running DayZ.  I have bounced from a couple of servers when I died because there was no loot near where I started a few times.  Sort of hard to survive with no food or water, and when people who are fully geared are camping the starting areas.  I've traveled a few towns north and found no supplies because they were all gone.  Anyways, I think I've seen most of the items so far at least once, except for the magnum rounds.

For me and my crew the rare items are press vest, blood test kit, walkie-talkie, and the pistol magazines. We have yet to find any of those.

Rarest items for me yet are as followed

1. Stone (yes an ACTUAL stone)

2. FNP45 MRD sight for the handgun

3.FNX45 Mags

4. Tactical Vest

RAREST ITEM : The Katana , Sergei decide we all get one..................... :rolleyes:

Look harder. If you are having trouble finding loot. Watch the dev blogs on the game and Dean tells you how the loot system works. Its not the mod Look under over and around. I've played 50 hours and seen everything at least twice or more. The only thing I haven't found is the 357 pistol.

Theres plenty of pistol magazines in firestations.

For me the rarest type is the uk military vest. 

Iv seen them way to much. Normally I find allot at military areas. But it depends on color some colors are rarer than others.

Edited by Deathlove

300 round ammo box was the most recent "haven't seen that before" item for me.  Pretty nifty, 10 spaces worth of ammo compressed into 4 spaces.

Also, have only seen the double mag 60 round clip once, lost it during the wipe.

I found players that don't KoS you to be the rarest thing in game. I was running around with full equip and had a freshspawn run after me with a baseball bat trying to play baseball with my head. Like srsly, I am the most friendly dude you are going to encounter, he could have had a spare pistol, vest and food but he insisted on trying to kill me. Felt strange emptying a C-Mag into him and his friend while shouting "FRIENDLY FFS!"

i see what you did there

I confirm press vest spawned at shipwreck, can someone else confirm train station elektro also for it? maybe other places? thanks.

i found "5 roundstrip" once 2-4 hours before the wipe patch. looks like it was an item to fast reload the mosin but i couldnt try it.

anyone know if its still in the game ?

maybe also where can i find it ?