Phineas

Too many veterans

I only kill people if they have a gun, or if they are trying to kill someone else.

This. All of this.

Sorry for you bro. I myself have never played the mod, started with the standalone. Have 15 hours of playtime on 1 char. I have a fully modded M4(flashlight, silencer, acog, cqb stock), with 2 40 round and 2 30 round magazines with 4 more mags worth of ammo in my backpack, FN pistol with a red dot with 4 full mags and 3 more worth of ammo in my inventory, military helmet, combat boots, gas mask, tactical vest in pristine condition, 2 plastic water bottles and 2 canteens. Food is easily available everywhere so i rarely keep more than 3 cans on me. I also have some vitamins, some charcoal, 1 saline IV, some antibiotics a ton of bandages, a defibrillator(though i have no idea how it works and why i keep it as im still lonewolfing it), Mosin sniper scope(incase I find a mosin and decide i want a sniper rifle) and 60 7.62 rounds. So yeah I dont know what youre talking about.

Oh and ive outlived 3 unlucky bandits that decide they can take me(1 at a time though, im not that badass xD)

Not sure if anyone already said this or not, but if someone is having a hard time with veterans, getting killed by them and such.. Then they need to come up with a strategy to ensure that it does not keep happening. If they are not that interested in doing that so that they can play the game then they should probably be playing something less difficult. And that's not meant as an insult that's just the way DayZ is. This is an Zombie Apocalypse simulator, it's not meant to be easy, it's not meant to be tolerable. This game is suppose to put you in the ****, and it is up to you as a player to survive by any means neccessary. And if you're getting repeatidly shot, then maybe you should think about improvising. Find a pistol, find a hatchet, find a kitchen knife ffs, and tell yourself that enough is enough. And that you are tired of not being able to fend for yourself. This is a video game after all so what do you have to lose. There is nothing wrong with this game, in fact it is damn near perfect for how early in release it is. Keep on rocking, Rocket.

I haven't figured out how to attach the flashlight to the m4, can you enlighten me? I've tried dragging it to the magpul stock, the weapon, etc. Can't find anywhere where I can attach it.

It's the foregrip with the 4(?) RIS rails on it, not the magpul one. It'll be black, whereas the magpul foregrip is a lighter gray. After you have that foregrip on your weapon you can attach the weapon light and/or bipod by dragging it over. Both the light and bipod need to be toggled from your inventory though like the headlamp.

If beardedcap reads this and tries it he'll be just like those "veterans" with a fully modded M4 (whose mods do nothing and can be found after a quick jaunt through Balota).

• Like 1

What?.... Wait... WAT? Weren't we all noobs at some point with veterans feasting on our misery? The noobs should be grateful there's no l86 thermal or as50s to blow your liver out as you walk through Cherno. My god that's one of the main features of DayZ. Learning to survive!

Edited by JESUSARIUS REX
  • Like 4

I haven't figured out how to attach the flashlight to the m4, can you enlighten me? I've tried dragging it to the magpul stock, the weapon, etc. Can't find anywhere where I can attach it.

it's a special flashlight, and not the one you spawn with

Ah, the typical hardcore forum poster that lives to take other ppls comments out of context and to try and belittle other peoples opinions and thoughts. Your attempt at humour is lost on me.

Play the game and you will get better?  I dunno what you are looking for here.

DayZ isn't for everyone.??

You need a special grip(the name escapes me right now) and the flashlight attachment. Its a separate item from the flashlight that you start with. Its written in the grips description that its designed to support railed attachments.

it's a special flashlight, and not the one you spawn with

I know, I've found a few weapon lights, I was able to attach the bipod but never the light with or without the bipod

• Like 1

Ah, the typical hardcore forum poster that lives to take other ppls comments out of context and to try and belittle other peoples opinions and thoughts. Your attempt at humour is lost on me.

I see no opinion in your post.

Just bragging.

Sorry for you bro. I myself have never played the mod, started with the standalone. .............. So yeah I dont know what youre talking about.

I know, I've found a few weapon lights, I was able to attach the bipod but never the light with or without the bipod

You can't attach a flashlight unless you have a handgrip with rails. It actually makes sense.

@ OP.

There is literally nothing the game designers can do about people killing each other. That's part of the learning curve. Every "veteran" had to start sometime, and they had the exact same experience. Loot is hard to find. Yeah, that's kind of the point. Players can kill you - again, that's the whole point. Newbies won't stay newbies forever. Either you learn to play the game, or you just don't play. That's all there is to it. Even Epoch has the same learning curve. Again, that's pretty much the whole point. I'm sorry that newbies are noobs? But they won't be forever. I don't see why the game should change just to accommodate people who are too lazy to try and figure it out.

You can't attach a flashlight unless you have a handgrip with rails. It actually makes sense.

I'm aware of that, I just didn't know there was one with rails in the game as I've seen the other 3 types many times.

What?.... Wait... WAT? Weren't we all noobs at some point with veterans feasting on our misery? The noobs should be grateful there's no l86 thermal or as50s to blow your liver out as you walk through Cherno.

Oh god, yeah if you think you have it bad now, when I first started it was

wait 15mins to spawn in a server

bang! As50 shot, your dead

Maybe id get lucky and spawn somewhere safe, but there was always someone with a thermal sight sniping you from 2km away

You've got it easy compared to the veterans right now

I don't understand how new people are having so much trouble. It's simple logic. In a game where your value to other people is based on your kit (until you prove otherwise if you play with the same people consistently) you are liable to be killed for said kit if you're stupid. I have never played the mod. I have 33 hours in game. 30 of those are my current character. I quickly picked up on the need to leave the beach, and knew I could rely on nobody heading towards nwaf from the north, so I passed out and doubled back. I intercepted a group of three people, all armed to the teeth with m4s. My mosin and I put down each one as necessary. I was lucky in that one of them had the sound bug, which resulted in my knowing they were going back to cherno to hunt fresh spawns. I shot them. KoS is not cool on fresh spawns. But I will shoot you without hesitation if you have military grade gear and you just want to be a dick with it.

Tl;Dr: this game isn't hard. Just learn how to use your head. There are those who use their experience to put down fresh spawns, and I shoot them.

Edited by CarolKarine
  • Like 1

I have never played the mod. 

Forum member since December 2012. Knows to go to the NWAF and can get there without a map. Never played the mod.  Definitely checks out.

Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

As a vet and old school gamer, let me tell all you guys whining for a tutorial something. All you need to learn the controls is listed in esc>configuration> assignable. If it is too difficult to figure out reading and making some notes on a piece of paper, or god forbid a cutout keyboard overlay, then you are the problem. 

As for the rest I will leave you a little something from another game that has an extreme learning curve, is a sandbox, and prides itself on being a harsh universe.

I dont know what you mean, im alone in SA for the 3 days its been released, never had a problem.

I'd like to make this crystal clear:

Veterans are harming newcomers to the game, veterans are too good at it, and newbies will be discouraged.

Explosions of kudos if this is what you wanted, a narrow niche game for early adopters that guaranteed a narrow following.  A rain of Hell's firy boulders if you wanted newbies to yearn some fun but instead be schooled at every spawn.

So, you want veteran players help newbies out and stop KoS?

Without thrill of being killed, DayZ would be boring. Zombies aren't actually a threat, at least not in groups of 2-3 zombies.

It would be cool if more players become friendlies, but if there's no bandit around it actually sucks.

It's just a game where you constantly die, and continue to learn how to survive longer.

Can't see any problem here about veterans ruining game experience for others. They actually make if more exciting if you ask me.

And yes, I'm trying to communicate and be friendly, this sometimes results in death, and thats okay, at least I've got a story to tell.

Though it's only my opinion.

Forum member since December 2012. Knows to go to the NWAF and can get there without a map. Never played the mod. Definitely checks out.

I watched pretty much all of frankies videos on Dayz, till I realized he was cheating weapons in (or playing in easy servers) plus I did my research before playing. That's why I joined the forum. My first post wasnt till after I bought standalone.

The cause of everyone's complaints about there not being enough loot is the fact that it doesn't respawn. Because people die a lot the south very quickly gets looted to the point of a barren wasteland.

If you move north there is plenty of loot, I'm sure loot will eventually respawn which will solve the problem.

Look if you are having bother finding loot this is what you do. Soon as you spawn you run north checking all the towns on the way to NWAF and NEAF. All the servers ive been on since the game came out, not one has bothered or maybe not reached Vybor, Berezino, Gorka, Polana, Grishino, Dubrovka  and Krasnostav so those towns/cities are untouched.

Everyone is down south Looting so there is no loot in the towns/cities on the coast unless you have started looting after a server restart.

Run North it is that simple.

Edited by Anavirn

Look if you are having bother finding loot this is what you do. Soon as you spawn you run north checking all the towns on the way to NWAF and NEAF. All the servers ive been on since the game came out, not one has bothered or maybe not reached Vybor, Berezino, Gorka, Polana, Grishino, Dubrovka  and Krasnostav so those towns/cities are untouched.

Everyone is down south Looting so there is no loot in the towns/cities on the coast unless you have started looting after a server restart.

Run North it is that simple.

I'm doing that right now.  I have a drill bit wedged between the 2 and 3 keys holding down W as I type.

Got roughed up trying the dreaded bare fist technique, hearing "ahhh ugh.." over and over with a female avitar.

Nothing new.