Sign in to follow this  
Quincy (DayZ)

Lack of loot

I know it's an old problem, that rocket has started to approach, yet i'm still confused at the lack of loot.

Whenever i find myself in a loot spawn building or barracks, i find absolutely no loot.

When others are showcasing their gear, it is in abundance.

Anyone else struggling like me?

The reason for this is that loot spawns on server restart. so the coastal cities will be empty. I recommend getting basics like food and water then going directly north as most players dont go north so loot will be more abundant.

lack of loot?! few hours played (after the wipe) and already have m4, mosin, pistol, vest, camogear, meds, plenty of food....

I think there is way too much m4's and shit, have seen like 5.
hint: do not remove bullets from the magazine if its on the ground or somewhere else but not on you... have lost like 100 rounds like that, before I realized that its not going to work.

Edited by Zeppa

Loot is already somewhat rare as it is.  So with people storming buildings and finding what little loot there already is, it's going to make finding anything even harder.  Like Victus said, head north.  

Get off the coast ;)

Well getting off the coast helps but if you go inland without scavenging the coast first for good loot to go inland with your not going to live long lol. Especially without some equipment to open cans with. Considering fresh food is harder to find.

^^^ Hahaha

Yeah ok, but i mean literally, grab food?

There's no loot, anywhere. Not even books.

Edited by Quincy

^^^ Hahaha

Iv memorized where the nearest military base and town is cause i always seem to spawn at the same area but its a HUGE risk every time considering everyone server hops for the good stuff but as soon as i get geared enough i get the hell out of there.

And yeah until hunting gets put in your just going to have to try and find as much canned and bottled water as you can.

^^^ Hahaha

That comment seems suspect. No one liters their inventory with books. :) I've read most of the ones in game already anyway. 

I do know that there are a lot of players swearing there is no loot in Cherno so they can't get enough food to get anywhere else and just die. I watched a guy run into the supermarket, then into the Church then out of Cherno the other day... from the second story of an unlooted building where I found food. I went through all the little buildings with 1 or two spawn points and found more than I could carry in a backpack, hunter pants, and hoody. 

Well, i suggest joining a lowly populated server, it has worked for me

10X better gear from playing for 10 mins than i have for 6 hours :D

Seconded. Get off the coast.

Get of the coast is the new "Get out of here Stalker"

Seriously though loot rarity I think is actually a bit too common.  Up north you will not be "wasting your time" by searching every building in town.  

Get of the coast is the new "Get out of here Stalker"

Seriously though loot rarity I think is actually a bit too common.  Up north you will not be "wasting your time" by searching every building in town.  

It should be rare though.  It makes the game harder and that is what Rocket was aiming for.  I like that every second I'm playing, I'm struggling to find loot and stay alive.

Most of my loot has come from corpses I have found lying about. I went from Electro to Cherno and a few of the smaller towns around and found nothing worth picking up. Now extremely hungry and dehydrating quickly lol.. I just want to eat!!! Need more food and drink if nothing else just to keep you alive for a while longer until your KOS.

Most of my loot has come from corpses I have found lying about. I went from Electro to Cherno and a few of the smaller towns around and found nothing worth picking up. Now extremely hungry and dehydrating quickly lol.. I just want to eat!!! Need more food and drink if nothing else just to keep you alive for a while longer until your KOS.

Idk man, so far I've had better luck with friendly people in these days.

Really? Must be the server i'm on then, I died of hunger in the end because I couldn't find any food so re-spawned and headed north. I hadn't looted a thing and met a guy who saw me, could see I had no gear not even a baseball cap and unloaded a M4 into me lol, waste of ammo but its that mentality that ruins it. Sure I understand killing people for loot but killing new spawned player because??? lol COD kids.

Again I spawned in Cherno and watched a guy do the Church, Grocery Store, Firehall, GTFO of town dance. Meanwhile I was munching beans on a second story of some little tiny building where I found a Screwdriver and can. Look around people. :)

A few days ago maybe, but I played last night and found what I consider to be a good level.

Perhaps a bit too much clothing though?

Still not found any bullets - awesome!

Hope melee gets better though, still feels a bit rough considering its the only way to fight zeds.

... oh and not enough zeds.

A few days ago maybe, but I played last night and found what I consider to be a good level.

Perhaps a bit too much clothing though?

Still not found any bullets - awesome!

Hope melee gets better though, still feels a bit rough considering its the only way to fight zeds.

... oh and not enough zeds.

Is it possible you're overlooking ammo?

I've found some here and there and the packs are often (realistically) small and hard to see if they're on the ground.

I wonder if shotgun is actually implemented, havent seen one but found lots of ammo for it

Is it possible you're overlooking ammo?

I've found some here and there and the packs are often (realistically) small and hard to see if they're on the ground.

...or under things. I dropped down flat and found a pack of bullets under a bunk bed in a barracks.

I wonder if shotgun is actually implemented, havent seen one but found lots of ammo for it

Nope. The model is done but the functionality wasn't at Alpha Release. I believe it should be the very next gun(s) ready though.

Nope. The model is done but the functionality wasn't at Alpha Release. I believe it should be the very next gun(s) ready though.

Oh okay, thanks for the answer bro :)