alaskafish (DayZ)

Random Character Wipes/Resets when Joining the same Official Server? [Possible Bug/Discussion]

Just had my full kit character reset myself are the DDos attacks still happening or did I just experience the bug

Lost my third caracter..in 2 days..meaning that Game just eat 2- 3 ours of my RL time...and i will stop playing until this is fixed...totaly game braking issue..even worst from combat logging..and rest  of shizz...allso Server history is broken ....we want date and time period...allso warning for server restart..chat too...cheap drugs...kinese Massage..and Belgian Wafles....

Edited by MefistoZ
  • Like 2

Here's a very weird occurrence. My son and I each have accounts and play together. Last night, my character was wiped entirely and his character ended up with some of my gear. This was after us taking a 4 day break from playing, our last game having been Sunday evening. We were pretty well set too. it's my 3rd character wipe. Honestly I'm ok with bugs, but losing all my stuff after hours (and even days) of playing and accumulating good stuff is very frustrating, particularly given that the game is a survival game that hinges on your gear. Only up side, I am really getting to know the map.

wipe is by far the worst issue in the game, i'm really frustrated after played 4-5 hours to  find gears them got wiped

• Like 1

Had (nearly) no problems whatsoever
i´ve now to fight with the same issue
EVERYtime  
- i join a server after starting the game
- the server restarts (timeout)
- i switch to another server
..my char resets

Edited by dawud

Had my char reset 2 times  in 2 hours and i was not hopping as we have 5 servers within our clan and we simply moved servers. Fuckin stupid game, oh but its an Alpha, well Elite Dangerous is an Alpha, go see how polished that is. Fuckin hate this game at the moment and ive uninstalled it, cant be bothered wasting my time with it.

Thanks for reseting my fully equiped, five days alive charackter without any visible reason! FUCK THIS SHIT GAME! This must not happen even in a playable alpha! It's worst bug in a RPG-Game.

We know it's an Alpha-Version, bla bla and there are many ways to die. Well, maybe you die while bugging in a building, what happened to me last week. This is avoidable by playing more carefully. Ok it's sad and an own fault. Or you are dying in any firefight, which is atm the most anticipated cause of death. This is also sad and an own fault.

BUT out of the blue getting reseted without any knowledge of why and how? Fucked up hours of play time... What shit is this? And Why is this major problem still occurring?

At last I have to agree with my previous speaker, I will not waste my time with this anymore. Be happy with my 23€ payment!

• Like 1

This happens to me almost every day since the last patch.. Before that my character had survived for more then 1 month, now im lucky to play like 2 days on the same character without spawning as fresh spawn... So damn annoying..moved server with 6 of my clan members to a more populated server to find some more action and 2 of us where reset without ever dying.. this bug is soo gamebreaking when u just wasted hours if not days of play on a single relog.. Plz address this issue its ruining the game atm..

Edited by Cellar

Not sure if related but I have been having the same issue for so long I was ready to give up on the game all together. I had tried everything I could think of to fix it with no luck until finally as a last resort I performed a cache rebuild on dayz through Steam and to my surprise now the problem is gone. It's possible it was more coincidental than anything else but I server jumped over 20 times to the dirtiest most insecure servers imaginable and not a single fresh spawn issue. Just thought I'd share in case I've cracked the divinci code :)

5 resets in two days. Twice I was fully kitted. Terrible issue.

It happens so often I've only ever been able to get kitted up and then within a few log ins, I'm a fresh character all over again. I've never gotten to use all the amazing kit I collect.-

Edited by Mister Gun

This is still a consistent bug, it's happened to me twice today. :(

Both times I've been semi-geared with good civ-clothing, pistol with mag, a mosin/shotgun between respective chars and a melee weapon, in addition to plenty of food, drink and medical supplies. 

Edit: Make that three times in one day. Except the third time I was 100% geared.

Edited by Cryorex

Happened to me today just now on HardCore. Twice. Fresh spawn after relogging from a server reset, and then another fresh spawn on top of that (different location) when I tried to exit and relog. This is after about 8-9 hours of running around trying to collect gear trying to get close to being fully geared, and surviving all the other bugs and glitches. Happened to a friend of mine a few days ago too - I was there when he logged out and can confirm he was not shot after log.

Chain of events as follows:

- Server resets.

- I rejoin server. First one to rejoin out of the total two people playing at this time (early morning IRL, I thought I'll get up early so I can do a quick run of otherwise populated areas for a few attachments and whatnot I'm missing)

- I get the bug where I cannot equip any weapon into hands. Knowing from experience that I will either have my legs broken and boots / pants / everything in pants destroyed in a minute or two as has happened three times in a row in this situation over the past few days, OR get a zombie spawn on top of me, aggro me from across the wall, and headshot me without any possible way to defend myself or avoid getting hit (I'm guessing that the leg breaking bug is related to movement and desync?), I log out. At this stage, I'm the only person in the server - the other guy hasn't connected yet. There's no zombies, no movement, and still no players online at this time. I haven't moved from logging out in a bush.

- Log back in a couple of minutes later. Fresh spawn. Rage for a moment, and log back out hoping that some sort of relog magic will work.

- Log back in again - another fresh spawn in a different location this time.

Didn't get any warning messages or anything.

I understand this is in alpha and all that - but why is it necessary to have an 'override' system in the first place? I'm sure everyone playing DayZ would much rather be simply dropped from the server that wasn't able to sync up character data from the Hive, and try reconnecting in a few minutes, rather than having 20 hours of gear farming wiped because of a single packet loss that is completely outside the players' control.

Anyway - just thought I'll pop in here to point out that this bug is still very much alive and well.

• Like 1

First off; let me get some things out of the way. It seems like people end up blaming it on reasons I state in a long paragraph.

• I am joining an official server
  • I am joining the same server
  • I am properly logging off when I play, there is no combat logging or alt+f4'ing going on
  • I am not hacking
  • I know this is an alpha
  • I did not change any settings
  • I'm not on a Private hive
  • Don't say anything about getting attached to your gear
  • My ping was 28, so nothing about ping lag/errors
  • Server did not have  the red chain
  • I did not die ._.

I only read this part. I can conclude that you have died and will need to start over. I can also conclude that you should try some new things.. maybe see if that helps?

New servers, exp vs. stable build, etc..

The rest, was regretfully TL:TR for me right now.. sorry man. I might have more time later to read it all.. 

Edited by lrish

Happened to me AGAIN tonight. Did all the right things as did the original post. VERY annoying to to waste so much time. Feels like this is a way of randomly introducing fresh spawns into servers, just a thought.

I know this is a bit old but when you log out your character is still there for a few miniutes its to fix combat logging but zombies and players can still kill you so that maybe your reasons of being reset i found this out a few days ago when i logged out of dayz and my friend was like when are you gonna log off, i said i already have why,your character is still here.......30 seconds later it disapeard well before that he decided to shoot the ghost in the head and 1 hour later when i logged on the character reset and i was like (facepalm) did that just happen so yea this might be why.....and if this was already said somewhere else here i do not have time to read all just my input and another thing if you are in a safe spot and decide to swap servers wait 5 mins to do so to make sure your character despawns on the server you were on because this seems to be happening a lot where people will switch servers almost instantly and the game reads your character being on another server so yea be more careful and happy gaming

This happened a few times yesterday to me, said "respawning" but I saved my character, I think, by cancelling each time.  I waited half an hour, and then no problem.

I play strictly on the experimental servers right now.  So I have gotten hit by some bugs, but overall I like them. 

Just happened to me. I joined a server, was Automatically kicked for NO REASON not even 10 seconds after the environment started to load. I joined another server and my character was reset. This needs to be fixed.

This needs to be fixed.

Since this is an alpha release I would say that the idea is to eventually fix all problems before official release... That being said as long as you keep the devs up to date with the games issues I'm sure they'll move it up their to do list.

Edited by ProfessorChaos14

Do not join a server that has just restartet.

Wait until at least a minute gametime has passed.

So if a server restarts and server start timer is set to 10:00.

You will see the server in the list again listing the time as 08:00 - DO NOT JOIN

Sometimes it will switch to 09:20 - DO NOT JOIN

The it will arrive at 10:00 - DO NOT JOIN

when it says 10:01 - join the server

TL;DR

Only join servers that have uneven time in the server browser (10:01, 14:35) that way you can be nearly 100% sure that the server did not just

restart and the connection with the hive will be given so no reset.

yeah same thing and i think every single one dayz player understand i just lost my enthuasim to dayz i had fully equiped AKM with 12 mags and a 75 round mag attach to it, everything i needed fire fighter axe biggest backpack, etc you know the rest. Then i respawned, every single thing lost. Thank you dayz, steam and bohemia. I loved that game had like 50 h played, with that single character. i have no idea how to get my stuff back tried everything i can find from the internet, and now all i want to do is to share this with you fellow gamers. I ´m hoping to find some way to contact bohemia interactive  about this but until then, well i really hope none of you have to experience the same thing i just did. Good luck to everyone playing this game, and just hope this wont happen to you too!