Herkon

Your first encounter with a player in SA

>Be wandering around Balota middle of night.

>Scavenge through air tower - no loot. oh well.

>Make my way down stairs and out the door

>Wow DayZ is great such great landscapes

>See someone kneeling around corner of air tower facing door as I walk out

>Seems like years pass as we both debate what to do

>"You Are Dead"

>Spawn near the end of the western side of the map

>After heading west realize I am near the end of the western side of the map

>Try to drown myself in the ocean, find out I can breath underwater.

>Head east, see a flashlight in the never ending night cycle heading my way

>Tell him that we're near the end of the western side of the map.

>We run down the road east together

>We find another player with a shovel, ask him to beat me to death.

>He hits me about 16 times, I'm bleeding from every orifice but I still have plenty of color vision.

>Tell him to swing like a man.

>You are unconscious.

>Wait for host

>Wait for host

>alt-f4

First spawn, in my first game of SA, Near that cliff north of electro, Was through the first few buildings, and I saw a light shining arround in the buildings beside the tracks, guy was running from building to bulding with the light waving in the air hitting the tops of trees and shining out of windows, I found a non related dead body on the hill and looted that while I was watching the light show, then stumbled off to collapse shortly there after.

But my tally is so far is seen about 8 people in 4 starts, 4 or so never saw me, 2 I talked to, 1 we saw each other but no ack,  One killed me. 

Edited by PongoZ

My first encounter was with a random guy. Basically said 'the game looks really nice' and 'I'm still just trying to work out what I'm doing' then we went on our separate ways.

In terms of other encounters they have mostly been non-hostile. With one standing out as a friendly meeting. I have been KOS'ed about 4 times, but mostly its just a quick hello or a slightly tense momentary glance in each other's direction.

On one slightly amusing occasion I was trying to take the shirt off a body I saw in the road to make rags, and a guy approached saw me and then ran away---obviously under the impression that I'd killed the player (which I hadn't). That made me chuckle.

I came across two people earlier today, one of which had a gun aimed at me, which is fair enough cause I was wielding my axe, I put it away told them I was now unarmed and it was fine. I let them know there was a first aid kit in the corner that I had no room to carry and went on my way. 

To be fair I've had more non-hostile encounters on the SA than I have ever had playing any mod. 

I spawned near the island off north of elecktro, headed up the lighthouse nearby. Heard so guy on direct, he asked how to use his torch as mine was on, told him as he was climbing the ladder up the lighthouse. He moves forwards to go by me while i was looting, ends up pushing me sidewards. All i hear is "omg noooooooo" then leg break and you are dead screen. only 2minutes into the game and first death :*(

First player was nice, second player..  probably the most bizarre experience I've had in either the mod or SA.

First player: First day of SA, pitch black night.  We both just spawned on the beach and saw each others flashlights and promised not to kill each other.  Exchanged some info on differences between the mod and the SA (spawn rates, etc) and parted ways.  Pleasant guy.

Second player: I made it to Balota and was searching the camo building when I got messages showing I was dehydrated.   I didn't have any liquid and so I tried to drink from the sink in the jail area and there was no option to.  Desperate, I went over to the toilet and I had the option to either "pick up disinfectant" that was sitting on the bowl, or to "drink."  I was a little disgusted at the thought of drinking from a horrible toilet, but it was better than dying so I chose "drink."  Only when it was too late did I notice the animation was not bending over the toilet, but rather picking up the bleach and chugging it.

I started getting messages about feeling horrible and my vision started going really blurry.  I walked out of the building and saw a flashlight nearby, but I was too far gone to really see who it was.  I called out friendly on voice, but as I did so, a black guy with nothing but a white tshirt on came up right in front of me and started punching me.  I panicked and started running but he caught up to me and kept punching me.  I ran in circles for a while and eventually gained some ground so I was far enough ahead of him I could turn a corner and go prone before he caught up.  I hid in the grass as the blurry man ran past me.  I died pretty soon after that, probably from chugging the bleach.

..Definitely a weird night.

I thought I saw someone's flashlight at one of the airbases. I was searching bunkers, they began to search next to me. I went prone and hit for 10 minutes until I was sure he left xD

• Like 1

Bumped into one guy in Elektro. He froze, I froze. We told eachother we're friendly. Sheathed our weapons. And walked in different directions, constantly looking at eachother. That was my first, and so far last player encounter.

New "Cherno Extension" area north of Balota.  My friend and I had some cuffs and all of the supplies to get some blood from another survivor and test everyone's blood type.  Ran into him on the back side of the hospital.... we raised our M4s and told him to get on his knees.  He complied for about 10 seconds until he stood and ran past both of us screaming "you ain't got no ammo" (assuming we would have KoS'd).... well it was about that time we proved to him we had ammo and it can kill. :)

Actually did very well yesterday - 4 confirmed kills and only one was KoS..... guy snuck up onto our roof :( Sorry!

In the middle of the night I was running from a guy who had hit me in a building with a hachet. Upon realizing that I was in Balota, I ran towards the airfield to see if I could use the zombies to my advantage. On the airfield I had heard gunshots and saw the man chasing me on the ground. Another player had killed him, and came from a hangar to check if I was okay. Then he left me with a box of cereal, soda, and a dead body.

Seen a guy, fresh spawn like me

>Followed him near Kamenka, went into industrial near water, he went one side, i went other.

>I seen a shovel, I pick it up, I look up, say Hi, Guy kills me with his shovel.

>*Sigh* Respawn.

I never played the mod, played some of another z game not mentioning any names :D But this game is the muttz nuttz :D

1st experience i had has basically made me love this game and this thread is a great idea :D

So my 1st experience was this, im walking along not knowing where the hell i am or going, meet this guy who asks if im friendly, i say yes, he makes me surrender to prove im friendly soo funny, so he takes me to Elektro to show me the ropes, we meet this guy with a big axe n motorcycle helmet.

Guy 1 makes guy 2 surrender again and guy 2 is leaning left n right and messing around making us laugh, so now theres 3 of us, we then find a body with backpack ect and I try to take his stuff but cant, so guy 2 then proceeds to strip all his gear off and clothes down to his underwear and start rolling around on the floor, imagine me, never played before and not seen all the things you can do and this guy is naked rolling around on the deck, i was in tears :D He picks the stuff off the body, i get his stuff and we go on our way.

Then a 4th guy pops out of a side alley and shoots both guy 2 and 3 and i manage to leg it. I wait for 10 mins, return and get all there stuff too :D

In the last Z game i played it was simply KOS all the time, im really touched how friendly people are on this game, not all i know :D

Another time im mid looting and manage to brake my legs, so im calling out for help, 2 dudes come along and there not together, they start fighting and BOTH KNOCK EACH OTHER OUT LOLOLOLOL, i then crawl along the floor and loot them both  :D

Fricken love this game :D

• Like 2

First ever spawn, was near Balota Airfield so i was looting when I saw 2 other players (typical noob loot fest at Balota). One guy was carrying a rifle, so I avoided him completely, and so did he, although I'm not sure if he did see me.

The other guy, I saw him at the hangars and, being a friendly player, I pressed F1 as a 'wave' to him and he did the same. Then I typed 'Hi :)' on direct chat and he replied 'Hello :)' in kind and we just went about our ways.

Hopefully, it stays like this, although I doubt it would :/

My first legit encounter was teaching someone how to use the flashlight.

But moments after, I saw someone running around Cherno with their flashlight advertising his location. I then creeped after him singing my version of Gold, by Spandeu Ballet, and then proceeded to axe-murder. Just for the lols.

Spawned near balota

found shovel

went to airfield

saw two guys running around

one of them screaming kill nigger

nigga died

i smacked other one with shove

Don't use that word please.

Electro offices, saw nothing heard a gun fire and i was dead. must of really wanted my t-shirt for bandages?

Night time, I think near cherno but not sure. Saw a guy murdering someone with an axe, shone my torch at him to distract him in the hope to save the poor guy but he was already beyond saving. Axe man turned and ran straight at me, I raised my fists and danced round his sluggish axe trying to jab at the back of his head. His axe found my body and I ran for my life into the trees to bandage.

First login ever on DayZ, dont know any controls, didnt play mod. Dark as f**k outside, paranoid. Found a couple of buildings, looted them and found some nice items. Walks out of the house when I scream of fear because there's a human right outside the door. My reaction made me punch him with my firsts a couple of times since I thought it was a zombie, lel. Realize it wasnt very effective so ran in. Heard a voice saying: "Hey, it's ok bro. Come on out."

I was like: aaaaaah it was a player :D and we became bro's, he helped me with controls and we had a small adventure, then both had to leave so we said goodbye. Then I confronted a zombie to test my fists damage, wanted to change avatar anyway. Took the zombie like 20 seconds to kill me when I stood still.

I was playing with my friend in-game and we meet a gentleman at the airfield. My friend without warning just starts hatching him to death. The gentleman had a lot of good clothing with lots of inventory space and he was calm and nice about the whole situation. After speaking with him for 10 minutes, we thought he didn't even realize that my friend killed him. He kept asking us to bring him back with his Defibrillator, and as you may know, it's not working right now even though we honestly tried at the time. So we left him there after taking all of his stuff and ended up dying just a few moment later. I died from dehydration and my buddy passed out from falling or glitching and falling through a building. Karma is a nasty bitch.

The rest of the encounters has been extremely mundane or friendly. No lasting friendships though. :S

Dark night, I was bleeding, didn't know about rags, saw one guy, he said that i'm bleeding, i tried to kill him, forgot about him, walked into house, and he tried to kill me with fists. AND HE DIED WITH THE AXE IN THE HEAD.

Darkness around me while looting a bar in electro, as i was in a single room upstairs I finished and was about to leave it then at the stairs someone with a weapon was infront of me (he had the acp and imhad the axe). We communicated how we clear the situation. Finaly we teamed up.

I hope it gpes on that way. I hate shoot on sight.

Sry for my bad english

I don't know, many people say bad things about Russians, but actually my first game was on Russian server, and the first guy that i met is now my DayZ buddy. I met about 20 people now, 3 of them tried to kill me, 1 actually did it, 1 was killed by me, others were friendly, with most of them i had a friendly chat and/or trade.