Sign in to follow this  
A_Lucky_Hit

Server Owners get nothing????

Then what your saying is they shouldnt have made dayz, because he thought Dayz would be better? 

ooops meant to make that one post 

No, Dean had an original idea and created something new out of ARMA. What people are asking for when they want to kill everything after starting with every weapon and vehicle is closer to ARMA. Go play and mod that, they want you to. You can have everything you have in these ridiculous servers and it is encouraged because it doesn't ruin the experience, it's the experience they want you to have. But don't use the DayZ name to create COD just because so many people reflexively go for it without thinking.

• Like 2

So I'm helping support the Alpha and paying for the server and I get nothing. I work 10 hours a day commute 1 hour each way leave home when its dark and get home in the dark and I cant even change the day settings on the server I pay for so I can at least play in the daylight. Rocket you suck!! Lighten up and give us some basic functions. Right now I can change the name but not the whole name just one little section still have "Dayz NY" junk in front, I can set restart time but there is no messaging to warn players ingame before it happens just the load in messages, could change time for 30 min last night then the update killed that, thanks :P  Because you set the bar so high for the service providers requirements on what they have to give in way of public servers they are screwing us with server cost of $70 for 30 slots, 4 times that of the Arma 2 Dayz. Not saying you have to give it all but here's the short list.

Must have:

Full name control

Day time settings

in game messages, clan advertising and server restart warnings

Wish list:

Private hive 

Load out options

PAssword the server is for me a nr 1. Even maybe whitelist or something.

No one is forcing you to drop in a game that doesn't give you a gun right away when literally every other FPS game out there does.

Most FPS multiplayer is deathmatch orientated, as much as some people treat dayz as a deathmatch shooting range. That is not it's core game style.

I hate how a lot of admins abuse their power, I am not saying all of them do it, but a lot do. They spawn weapons and gear for their friends and themselves, admin kill or boot you, if you kill them or their friends.

Admins should do it for the love of the game, not for the extra powers that come along wth it.

• Like 1

Most FPS multiplayer is deathmatch orientated, as much as some people treat dayz as a deathmatch shooting range. That is not it's core game style.

I hate how a lot of admins abuse their power, I am not saying all of them do it, but a lot do. They spawn weapons and gear for their friends and themselves, admin kill or boot you, if you kill them or their friends.

Admins should do it for the love of the game, not for the extra powers that come along wth it.

Ive seen private do awesome things, aswell as game killing things.... Its Biased. But like I said, even if most people would agree no P-Hive's, they already tainted the water.

And alot of private hives, well mostly 80% of them ruin gameplay, survival and the general real feeling DayZ aswell.

Edited by BRKermit

lol i didnt know calling people care bears would make so many people cry, im sorry i hurt your feelings

Ive seen private do awesome things, aswell as game killing things.... Its Biased. But like I said, even if most people would agree no P-Hive's, they already tainted the water.

And alot of private hives, well mostly 80% of them ruin gameplay, survival and the general real feeling DayZ aswell.

While you are correct that SOME private hives are well run and do a good job of "adding something fresh" without completely destroying gameplay... the fact is that if you open that door to THOSE servers, you're also opening the door to the 90% of other Private Hive servers that will abuse it and ruin DayZ.

• Like 3

lol i didnt know calling people care bears would make so many people cry, im sorry i hurt your feelings

Nobody was crying, sweetheart. 

• Like 1

Its your choice to pay for a server, powers should not be granted for this privilege. It is a privilege how ever you look at it.

Giving admin powers renders the game pointless.

• Like 1

While you are correct that SOME private hives are well run and do a good job of "adding something fresh" without completely destroying gameplay... the fact is that if you open that door to THOSE servers, you're also opening the door to the 90% of other Private Hive servers that will abuse it and ruin DayZ.

I think that's the issue with modding in the case of the DayZ mod. That 90% falsely equates enhancing the experience and completely changing the experience. It's a slap in the face to the 10% with good ideas, and to the original developer(s) of DayZ.

• Like 1

Nobody was crying, sweetheart. 

I was crying, I had to fill up my water bottle. "My guy was feeling thirsty"

Anyway this is going no where im going back to the threads with people crying about KOS... see you all there im sure..

• Like 1

Anyway this is going no where im going back to the threads with people crying about KOS... see you all there im sure..

What do you mean it went nowhere? I think it showed quite effectively that there are very weak reasons for allowing essentially unlimited controls for server owners.

And I think we all enjoy KOS quite a bit. You may have difficulty with this idea but what the people against private hives are after are organic situations where anything could happen. That includes KOS. What we DON'T want is a predictable scenario where all you're ever going to experience is KOS.

When I go on COD or Battlefield I don't expect to make friends with the other team. I know what's going to happen.

When I go on DayZ, I don't know what's going to happen. THAT IS THE POINT. That is the whole experience.

What do you mean it went nowhere? I think it showed quite effectively that there are very weak reasons for allowing essentially unlimited controls for server owners.

And I think we all enjoy KOS quite a bit. You may have difficulty with this idea but what the people against private hives are after are organic situations where anything could happen. That includes KOS. What we DON'T want is a predictable scenario where all you're ever going to experience is KOS.

When I go on COD or Battlefield I don't expect to make friends with the other team. I know what's going to happen.

When I go on DayZ, I don't know what's going to happen. THAT IS THE POINT. That is the whole experience.

to be honest i dont care ether way... I enjoy Dayz or Dayz Mod i dont give a rats ass what happens to servers who gets what.. Ive already stated that i agree that privet hives have runined some of the players games because the Admins are Lame shits that dont care and just give their friends free stuff and let them know where they are or even go and out and use their admin powers to kill other players or steal items from safes just to be an ass.... but that doesnt mean all hives are bad...  its like smoing Crack you know it sucks i know it sucks so are you gonna smoke crack? hell maybe you might but i wont.. thats just like playing on a modded server you pick and choose the good from the bad.. But hey again im done posting in this thread...

Given that most people (everywhere) are playing in the evening or at night, the fact that it is pitch black every time I have had a chance to play, on every server I have tried, is kind of stupid...

So basically...Only children, and adults with nothing to do during the day can play on day time servers...

• Like 1

Private Hives were a Godsend during the Great Hacker Crisis, but along the way something happened and modifications started to occur, 24/7 daylight, custom loadouts, 10,000 vehicles, military loot everywhere, donator perks, AI, admin mega bases, admin powers/dictatorships.....pretty soon finding a good vanilla server was nigh on impossible.

I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to SA.

Cant we all play the game as the Devs envisioned, warts and all?

• Like 4

everybody be cool and calm the f*** down! what is all this s***? can't we just talk about different opinions and everybody's way of looking at things like...i don' know normal ppl that are all sitting here on the same table.

Edited by joe_mcentire

If you don't like a certain private server, don't play on it. Easy. The good thing about private servers is that there is something for everyone. If your idea of fun is self blood bag, M4A1 starting loadout and 10000+ fully repaired vehicles, there are many servers for it. Enjoy.

But there will also be good private servers with tougher rulesets, active and fair admins and good, active communities. I always prefered a semi-closed community on a private server to the bullshit that was public hives, where admins couldn't do anything. And though this may be early alpha, I have a bad feeling about the standalones ability to actually counter hacks and cheating. I look forward to private hives once more. But for now I just look forward to the next patch, hopefully changing loot spawning. :D

Edited by jovial

Hi everyone, i followed this thread and i have 2 opinions on this:

1. Modding dayz should be encouraged and creating private hives should be a part of that (don't forget dayz itself starts as a mod).

2. The true reason i think that private hives were destroying the mod was that it wasn't even possible to destinguish public and private hives at the end, so i think that all private hives in dayz shouldn't ever be listed in the official serverlist (so you have to connect remotely) and there should be no possible way that a private hive can influence other hives plus Rocket shouldn't develop for private hives, so when someone wants to start their own hive (or mod) of dayz SA they should really work for it (modding the serverfiles by themselves) and they shouldn't get any quick solution presented by Dayz SA devs out of the box.

• Like 1

Private Hives were a Godsend during the Great Hacker Crisis, but along the way something happened and modifications started to occur, 24/7 daylight, custom loadouts, 10,000 vehicles, military loot everywhere, donator perks, AI, admin mega bases, admin powers/dictatorships.....pretty soon finding a good vanilla server was nigh on impossible.

I wouldn't want the same thing to happen to SA.

Cant we all play the game as the Devs envisioned, warts and all?

DayZ is now serversided so were protected from hacks...

From running servers, and learning the dayz code...

No, No you aren't my friends... This is going to happen again. Like World War 1 was to World War 2.

No. DayZ is not meant to have 1000 vehicles and custom loadouts and 24 days. If you want that shit, go play Battlefield 4. You're the one playing the wrong game, not "us". Some of us don't want the game to be ruined (yes, ruined) by thousands of private hive servers.

who says dayz isnt meant to have?

dayz is a mod of a arma game...keep that in mind....

its not its own game. its a copy and paste of an army game...

some people like action and shooting, not looking for empty soda cans...

and its only right to give people a load out, considering a hacker can come on and spawn stuff since dayz SA has no protection against Anti hacks

Oh it's this topic again.

I guess even after a year my signature is still making a valid statement :D

If you don't like how dayZ is, make your own game, it's that simple. Because most dayZ modders are changing a handful of settings and calling it their own, that's not even getting close to qualifying for derivative work.

• Like 2

dayz is a mod of a arma game...keep that in mind....

It's not anymore, keep THAT in mind. I'll give you a hint. Standalone

Why the hell would anyone want a custom loadout at this stage of the game is beyond me. It just shows how messed up the game will instantly become when private hives do happen.

• Like 1

I don't even...I think most of the people posting in this thread are missing the big picture here, I just read the full 5 pages and am awed at the assumptions made by some of the posters, especially the pro-private. 

This debate is quite simple, imho, because it's summed up by this:

- DayZ in its inception was a mod. You didn't pay for it. You supported BI, and many people paid for hosting servers, because they love the concept. Later on, private hives emerged, mainly due to the unrefrained and unstoppable hackers due to client based engine. I played in the former, and the latter. Yes I played in several private hives and had a lot of fun. There's that. And the fact that most modders worked and communicated (and still do) actively with Dean to improve the standalone.

- DayZ Standalone is NOT a mod. This isn't up for grabs or for changes as the server owners or their communities see fit. Either you like it or not, it's Dean's and BI's call to do whatever they want and envision with this game, that you willingly paid for even through the obvious pre alpha warnings.

Personally I think that complaining or ask for ways to modify this game is close to asking DICE if mods are supported in BF4. Which, obviously, they replied with a NO. Is it just me or this is a bit absurd to begin with?

I think this thread is moot because it's not even being considered "opening up" a retail (when it's done) game to modding by the community, due to it obviously disregarding and going "against" the original vision of the creator. If you want control over your servers, you have it on the mod, it's all good!

Just my two cents,

G

P.S. I'm loving the experience in DayZ SA so far. Seriously, back to old school :D

• Like 3