Sign in to follow this  

How Do You Open Cans (Update #113772)

Alright so in the patch notes it says you can now open cans with sharp tools.

I have a screwdriver and I have about 5 cans. My character is starving and I need to eat! For the life of me I can't figure out how to open the cans with the screw driver. Combine method does not work neither does placing in hand.

Can Opener, Bayonet, Screwdriver, and Kitchen Knife?

I know for a fact that Can Opener and Bayonet worked before the patch.

All you have to do is drag the tool over the can and you'll get an option.

Can Opener, Bayonet, Screwdriver, and Kitchen Knife?

I know for a fact that Can Opener and Bayonet worked before the patch.

All you have to do is drag the tool over the can and you'll get an option.

The only thing I can think of that is preventing me from doing that is because my screwdriver is "badly damaged." Otherwise, dragging it over the can moves it around in my pack.

You can also use a stone to open a can.

Tried having the screwdriver in your hand and right clicking the cans?

Good idea. I tried your suggestion without success but I think it may be because my screwdriver is badly damaged. This could perhaps work if it was in good condition.

Good idea. I tried your suggestion without success but I think it may be because my screwdriver is badly damaged. This could perhaps work if it was in good condition.

Correct you need undamaged items for it to work correctly.

• Like 2

I have a pristine knfie in my hand and i can't neither drag the knife into the cans or while carrying the knife on my hands right click the cans.

Correct you need undamaged items for it to work correctly.

It doesn't work with a pristine screwdriver.

edit: Knife doesn't work either.

Edited by CalibeR.50

I tried with a kitchen knife and screw driver. Fairly sure the screw driver was slightly damaged, but the kitchen knife was in good shape.

No luck.

The only thing I can think of that is preventing me from doing that is because my screwdriver is "badly damaged." Otherwise, dragging it over the can moves it around in my pack.

It should be orange when you hold it over the can, if it's green it doesn't work and will just switch.

So if you hold it over and it is green you need to find a knife or grab some rotten fruit and try to not die.

I didn't have any trouble finding a can opener and now I have a canteen as well.

The only thing I don't have is a gun... But i'm not too worried about that, I'm sure that'd get me shot.

Can't open it.

I have a screwdriver, a kitchen knife, a stone, a crowbar, a hadchet, all pristine and it doesn't work sliding it to de can and trying to open.

Really... how??

Can't open it.

I have a screwdriver, a kitchen knife, a stone, a crowbar, a hadchet, all pristine and it doesn't work sliding it to de can and trying to open.

Really... how??

Could possibly be a bug if you and the others above you had pristine condition tools that didn't work. Good info,

finally worked it out, wave the knife over the can, then you can click on the can and get an open dialog then you  an eat it in 25% increments

sigh

Drag tool/weapon over can, right click, select "open canned turds". I'm having no problems.

You will be after eating those canned turds.

• Like 2

So someone already posted how to use "sharp object" and can, and I still see people trying to do it by some "not working way".

1. Can is in inventory.

2. "Sharp object" is in inventory.

3. Left click and drag "sharp object" over the can, icon will become "orange highlighted", release.

4. Option appears to open a can.

5. Eat

6. If it does not work it is bug :D

• Like 1

Okay now I will not die from starving while having 50 cans of spagetti. Also, today is Wednesday :D nihahah HERSHELLLLLL...