Niqlas

Thank you from the people with terrible computers.

In the DayZ mod I averaged 7-15 fps, the game was unplayable on everything other than the Dayzero servers, even then it was extremely difficult.

Immediately after opening standalone I changed every setting (other than clouds - because they help at night) to the absolute lowest.... and ho-ly-shit. I am actually seeing DayZ the way a normal person must see it. I have no idea what my frames were (may check later) but what I do know is that the game isn't choppy in the slightest, and it's magical.

So thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for giving me the DayZ experience I've been waiting to have for such a long time.

Cheers.

• Like 1

This is great news! I havent played yet but I was worried it was going to run just as slow as the mod! now if only I could get off work and go home and play!

please tell me your settings :P

Literally just threw everything I could on very low/low (except clouds, because they make it brighter at night)

+1, I play on a laptop.

This is great news! I havent played yet but I was worried it was going to run just as slow as the mod! now if only I could get off work and go home and play!

I was very worried as well, but am insanely suprised. I haven't been to anywhere larger than balota but it seems to run amazingly everywhere else. Feels completely flawless to me so far, extremely smooth - at least campared to the mod.

• Like 2

Literally just threw everything I could on very low/low (except clouds, because they make it brighter at night)

THE MAN'S A GENIUS!

• Like 1

I'm forced to run this on Normal settings (With Antialiasing set to Very High) at 1920x1080 resolution to acquire a steady 40 FPS. I know the struggle, I used to try to play World of Warcraft on a 1995 desktop, we're talking 5 FPS average on the lowest of settings back during Burning Crusade times... yikes. 

You think you have it bad? I play on a mac bootcamped to windows.. Haha nah JK Mac kicks ass