Torpy (DayZ)

Day Z + Shadowplay?

I've been searching the internet but alas had no luck. Has anyone managed to get it to work with SA and if not is this a problem with Day Z or with Shadowplay? I really want to make content but Fraps etc all hit my FPS rather badly.so I'd like to know who to prod on getting something done about it.

Is it because Dayz is not yet a Nvidia Experience game?

Edited by vandal gab

Zero issues with shadow play and the standalone here.

I noticed an update to 1.8.1 is now available. Is this the version you're running?

EDIT : After updating my version I still have the same problem. Alt + f9 causes my game to freeze up for a few seconds then the splay icon appears with a red line through it meaning nothing records. Did you do anything special?

Edited by Torpy
  • Like 1

I noticed an update to 1.8.1 is now available. Is this the version you're running?

EDIT : After updating my version I still have the same problem. Alt + f9 causes my game to freeze up for a few seconds then the splay icon appears with a red line through it meaning nothing records. Did you do anything special?

I have the exact same issue with shadowplay. Would also like to know if you did any additional tweaking to get it working squirrelx.

i5-4670k

16Gb ram

780GTX (Asus DirectCU II)

W7 64b

Running latest (non-beta) nvidia drivers

• Like 1

Having the same issue. When i have the "shadow capture" or whatever going, the game won't even launch  properly. It goes to the BIS screen, then a black screen. (Then Geforce Exp. crashes and restarts), and the BIS logo reappears...then the cycle continues.

i5 2500k@4.6

evga GTX 680

W7 64

16gb ram

(331.93) (1.8.1)

I've been searching the internet but alas had no luck. Has anyone managed to get it to work with SA and if not is this a problem with Day Z or with Shadowplay? I really want to make content but Fraps etc all hit my FPS rather badly.so I'd like to know who to prod on getting something done about it.

I streamed today dayz to twitch with shadow play, it works.

About video record - idk, because its doesnt work on my PC at all...

Edited by industria
  • Like 1

I had the same issue, couldn't actually launch the game with shadowplay enabled as it would instantly lock up. Adding -winxp tp the launch parameters seems to have fixed it for me. Right click on DayZ > General >  Set launch options

I get an unrelated crash if I am using -winxp and alt tab so bear that in mind.

Edited by SmashT

I had the same issue, couldn't actually launch the game with shadowplay enabled as it would instantly lock up. Adding -winxp tp the launch parameters seems to have fixed it for me. Right click on DayZ > General >  Set launch options > Add -winxp

I have the same issue, but it works with other non-experience games (Starbound, for example)

It's worth remembering that Shadowplay itself is in early Beta, and this particular issue seems to be a recurring one - some games will work with it just fine, others will stubbornly refuse to run. Didn't seem to work when I tried it the other night, but they'll sort it soon enough I guess - the demand will certainly be there.

It's worth remembering that Shadowplay itself is in early Beta, and this particular issue seems to be a recurring one - some games will work with it just fine, others will stubbornly refuse to run. Didn't seem to work when I tried it the other night, but they'll sort it soon enough I guess - the demand will certainly be there.

This is the first game that it hasn't worked for me. Out of curiosity, what other games does it not work with?

Sorry, that's poor wording on my part - I meant to say that some games works fine for lots of people but refuse to work for others running similar systems. The DayZ mod was an example, I think Battlefield 4 has had similar issues too.

Turning Shadow Play on makes my game starts super slow, and when I alt+tab it freezes for a while. It took me a while to pin-point that it was shadow play which caused the problem. Aside from the problem, shadow play also showed a red line and refuses to record in this game.

my card is Nvidia 770 btw

• Like 1

Sorry, that's poor wording on my part - I meant to say that some games works fine for lots of people but refuse to work for others running similar systems. The DayZ mod was an example, I think Battlefield 4 has had similar issues too.

Sorry, really not trying to contradict you here, but I've got 130+ hours in BF4, and it has always worked. I hadn't heard of any issues with BF4 & Shadowplay, and a quick google shows some issues that are marked (solved), or people that post issues, then come back and say "nevermind, got it working". 

Either way, I really hope this gets figured out/fixed soon. With the recent integration with twitch, I'm sure both the DayZ team and nvidia have plenty of motivation to figure this one out. (Free advertising)

Turning Shadow Play on makes my game starts super slow, and when I alt+tab it freezes for a while. It took me a while to pin-point that it was shadow play which caused the problem. Aside from the problem, shadow play also showed a red line and refuses to record in this game.

my card is Nvidia 770 btw

Try the -winxp launch parameter. 

Sorry, really not trying to contradict you here, but I've got 130+ hours in BF4, and it has always worked. I hadn't heard of any issues with BF4 & Shadowplay, and a quick google shows some issues that are marked (solved), or people that post issues, then come back and say "nevermind, got it working". 

Either way, I really hope this gets figured out/fixed soon. With the recent integration with twitch, I'm sure both the DayZ team and nvidia have plenty of motivation to figure this one out. (Free advertising)

That's what I'm saying though - the thing with Shadowplay at the moment is that it seems to be different for everyone, particularly on newer games. I'm sure many of the issues with BF4 have probably been resolved since, but that doesn't mean they never happened. Just like the issues with DayZ will be solved soon enough - it's just a matter of time.

I'm not saying it's bad or anything like that - quite the opposite - I was just pointing out that it's in Beta, and therefore liable to do funky things that don't quite make sense.

tried that, got 

"Error:Device reset failed, error 8876086c"

Yep I get that too, but only when I alt tab - if I stay in-game it's fine.

Yep I get that too, but only when I alt tab - if I stay in-game it's fine.

Hm, I never tried to alt-tab. I have it set to fullscreen, too.

EDIT: I have a 2nd monitor, I wonder if that is affecting it.

Edited by retrogreq

Same issue... Shadowplay doesn't work with DayZ SA (works with other games) and causes freezes when hitting the record hot keys or alt-tabbing.

System:

GeForce GTX 680

i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz

16 GB RAM

250GB SSD

Windows 7 Pro

Running dual monitors and using the latest drivers and version of GFE.  No luck with anything.  Just went back to OBS to record gameplay until they fix it.

Same issue... Shadowplay doesn't work with DayZ SA (works with other games) and causes freezes when hitting the record hot keys or alt-tabbing.

System:

GeForce GTX 680

i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz

16 GB RAM

250GB SSD

Windows 7 Pro

Running dual monitors and using the latest drivers and version of GFE.  No luck with anything.  Just went back to OBS to record gameplay until they fix it.

Try running only one monitor and see if that works.

I've downloaded the latest drivers and it worked for me, have you got the shadowplay symbol on the top left screen?

Edited by Fwisky

Try the -winxp launch parameter. 

Add -winxp makes my game crash right at the start. :/

window 7 ultimate 64 bit