diddums

I just can't do it.

I can't bring myself to buy this game. After months and months of anticipation the game has finally arrived and I'm sitting on the fence. It's hard to explain, it might be that I'm just bored of games in general at the moment, but I still enjoy some other games so it's weird. 

Dunno. 

• Like 2

My view on the game has been let down too: Im not sure, partly because i feel its been Rushed. And that the devs had given it out just because of pressure. Or it just looks boring, i know this sounds terrible but I'm feeling like the money will go to waste.

-Wolfy

Edited by Wolfensteinsaurus
  • Like 1

Don't if you are bored at the minute. Wait till some major bugs get patched and then you can enjoy it :)

I bought it just so I can axe people to death every chance I get.

• Like 1

I can't bring myself to buy this game. After months and months of anticipation the game has finally arrived and I'm sitting on the fence. It's hard to explain, it might be that I'm just bored of games in general at the moment, but I still enjoy some other games so it's weird. 

Dunno. 

Eh, except it hasn't "arrived" yet. So...don't feel pressured to bring yourself to any action just yet. I think that "its finally arrived" misconception is what has led many people...many angry, bitter people to stomp and shout over the current state of things.

Want the best DayZ experience possible? Go away and come back next year when it's eyes are open and it can sorta hold your finger and make cute baby sounds. Want to lend a hand during the birth of the game in a semi playable form, with all the messy...drippy sights and sounds and...smells? Step right up and make yourself useful. Just don't go giving the doctor guff when the afterbirth flops onto the floor at your feet and ruins your shoes.

/best analogy ever

• Like 4

Hello there

Interesting comments from some of our older members.

I think there will be others who feel the same way.

Its not a bad thing.

Perhaps once some extra goodies have been added it might pique your interest?

Maybee keep a close eye on it and come back later?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

My view on the game has been let down too: Im not sure, partly because i feel its been Rushed. And that the devs had given it out just because of pressure. Or it just looks boring, i know this sounds terrible but I'm feeling like the money will go to waste.

-Wolfy

Nothing has been rushed..If the game was released in its final form..You wouldn't be talking like that, cus we would probably see it Q4 2015.

However, If you don't feel like playing it. Come back after few months as suggested by others :)

Edited by OntyCZE

Dunno. 

Good for you. I like that you are going to weigh the options first instead of just jumping in and hating it. 

I can't bring myself to buy this game.

So don't?

Take a break and/or buy other games. I've heard NEO Scavenger is awesome but not played it. I'd personally recommend Project Zomboid, and The Dead Linger.

The new Walking Dead Episode came out for the Telltale games series on steam today, and while I haven't had the chance to play it I've watched some livestream and it is certainly as good as all previous. I've met some of the developers and they're wonderful people and very talented.

We've already achieved the sales numbers we would need to keep the project viable in the longer term, so now we just keep doing the plan : new updated and content.

• Like 9

We've already achieved the sales numbers we would need to keep the project viable in the longer term, so now we just keep doing the plan : new updated and content.

That sounds good and congratulations. Now we just need to make sure the people stay calm and don't lose their minds over the Alpha. :)

• Like 2

I'll never hate this game. I've followed its development for months on end and I can appreciate the effort that's gone into it. 

We're talking about people who started out on their sofas with their personal laptops here, not a professional dev team who has millions of wedge to throw at it. 

Even if it's a shit game, doesn't mean I'll dismiss the effort that's gone into it. If we all did that, then devs might as well pack up and go home. 

I should point out that my lack of interest right now is 100% me, not the game.

EDIT: Rocket, I was in no way implying that the game is not good, merely that I'm just not interested right now. As said above, it's me, not the game. 

Edited by Diddums
  • Like 1

I'll never hate this game. I've followed its development for months on end and I can appreciate the effort that's gone into it. 

We're talking about people who started out on their sofas with their personal laptops here, not a professional dev team who has millions of wedge to throw at it. 

Even if it's a shit game, doesn't mean I'll dismiss the effort that's gone into it. If we all did that, then devs might as well pack up and go home. 

EDIT: Rocket, I was in no way implying that the game is not good, merely that I'm just not interested right now. As said above, it's me, not the game. 

You could just buy it now to save some cash :)

I'm sure you're going to play it later anyway.

That's what they all say "its all me not you"  :lol: 

I've been having fun. Didn't play DayZ for almost a year and its really addicting to scavenge again. It's actually more playable then i expected.

Edited by PXXL

$30 is asking a lot for something that doesn't work yet. Hell, $60 is asking a lot for a game that does.

CS:GO is half the price and has twice as many players. Heck, I even got BF4 cheaper than DayZ Alpha.

Nobody in their right mind preorders anything anymore, so we can throw that little quip out the window.

Edited by lazy2guns

$30 is asking a lot for something that doesn't work yet. Hell, $60 is asking a lot for a game that does.

CS:GO is half the price and has twice as many players. Heck, I even got BF4 cheaper than DayZ Alpha.

Nobody in their right mind preorders anything anymore, so we can throw that little quip out the window.

Why do you feel the need to point out what folks could've done with the money, and why are you incapable of talking about something else? It's literally every single post you make. We knew it was an Alpha. We knew it would have issues. We knew it would be unfinished. What's your point? Dean himself said, on the Steam page: do not buy this game and then went on to explain that it's an Alpha. Why is this so hard for you to understand?

If the world worked in the way your propose it to, I'd have never bought a Ferrari FXX. I knew it was a rolling testbed. I knew it was a development program. You know what I could've bought for the price of that? Probably Bohemia Interactive. Not a game, the whole studio*. 

Your incessant whinging about something we all know is incredibly tedious. Not even ozelot is as dull and boring as you, and that's saying something. 

*I don't actually own an FXX, but the point still stands.

EDIt: Fuck it, I'm buying it. 

Edited by Diddums
  • Like 1

Dunno. 

So seriously.  Just don't buy the game.  You do not want to buy it, yet you felt compelled to write up a forum post about it on the official site for the game.  Did you have a motive behind posting this?  What was the purpose?  Are you so narcissistic that you think the entire world needed to know you do not want to play the game? 

Honestly. I am not trying to be a dick, but you are:

A) A Narcissist

OR

B) Looking for attention

OR

C) In excess of time and short supply of things to do.

Edited by Doll8313
  • Like 1

Diddums Diddums Diddums..it's always about DIDDUMS! 

Ho's never change and i expect nothing less from the master of the spread legs. When you decide to put your man pants on and wanna come and strip off and run around i will be waiting for you Didds..i even have some tissues if you want to shed a little tear at the beauty of it all. Or if you just need a package to lean on..you can bend down and lean on mine. Seriously..get your ass in here, Chernarus needs good chaps now more than ever and somehow your on the list. I left a note for you on the beach..meet me in the wooden cabin with the double bed..i have a banana.

• Like 2

When you decide to put your man pants on

I don't think it's going to be a good adventure when you both have your pants on.

• Like 3

Banana schmanana. 

It's about cucumbers, fool.

• Like 2

So seriously.  Just don't buy the game.  You do not want to buy it, yet you felt compelled to write up a forum post about it on the official site for the game.  Did you have a motive behind posting this?  What was the purpose?  Are you so narcissistic that you think the entire world needed to know you do not want to play the game? 

Honestly. I am not trying to be a dick, but you are:

A) A Narcissist

OR

B) Looking for attention

OR

C) In excess of time and short supply of things to do.

You weren't there man. You weren't there. 

• Like 2

SimCity beg's to differ, along with Rome TW2, many other games having very successful preorders.

The current price-point is just right for us, because it is high enough to discourage those who would probably not enjoy the experience even if it were very cheap, and low enough that we can get plenty of people who will buy it.

While you might not agree with the price, we can set whatever price we want to, for whatever reasons we'd like. If, for example, we had have made it very low not only could we not have afforded to rent servers but we also would have massively increased the quantity of people playing.

• Like 3