Can I Run DayZ Retail (POST HERE)

For reference, not bragging.

Desktop

CPU: AMD FX-8320

RAM: 8 GB, 1600 MHz, Golden Emperor

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770, 1 GB VRAM

Resolution: 1920x1080

Settings: high

The game runs fairly smooth. I have very few lags. Most are position resets.

The frame rate differs from bottom 15 in the woods to top 35 in cities and elsewhere. No optimizations done yet.

These are outputs from fraps, but the game is over all playable.

For reference, not bragging.

Desktop

CPU: AMD FX-8320

RAM: 8 GB, 1600 MHz, Golden Emperor

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7770, 1 GB VRAM

Resolution: 1920x1080

Settings: high

The game runs fairly smooth. I have very few lags. Most are position resets.

The frame rate differs from bottom 15 in the woods to top 35 in cities and elsewhere. No optimizations done yet.

These are outputs from fraps, but the game is over all playable.

you have room to improve. whats your ghz?

some tweaks in the CFG could help immensely and definitely if you get over 4.0ghz some how you will see much improvement.

Also AMD known to run a bit shittier than intel, but I heard fixes are happening for that.

For the DayZ standalone:

Laptop 

1360 x 768

Intel Core i5-3230M 2.60GHz

Nvidia Geforce 610M 2GB

6GB RAM

No

i wouldnt cross my fingers...thats a low end laptop with low CPU and low GFX card.

barely meets the minimums and its a laptop to boot

i wouldnt cross my fingers...thats a low end laptop with low CPU and low GFX card.

barely meets the minimums and its a laptop to boot

Won't it runs smooth on the lowest graphics?

Won't it runs smooth on the lowest graphics?

It will run, but not very smoothly.

i have asked and someone said it should on medium but please just need someone else to confirm

laptop

i5-3210m 3.1ghz

4gb ddr3 ram

crappy intel hd4000 , 1760mb dynamic memory ?

can i run this  :)?

Edited by Lroy092

Laptop Or Desktop: Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1366x768

CPU: AMD FX4300 3.80 Ghz

Graphics card: Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3

RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz

SSD: No SSD

Settings: Low

What FPS Can i obtain on Low Settings?

Edited by TheProKi

i have asked and someone said it should on medium but please just need someone else to confirm

laptop

i5-3210m 3.1ghz

4gb ddr3 ram

It will run but I think don't think you would be happy with the level of performance. I would not recommend buying the game with the intention of running it on that machine, sorry!

Laptop Or Desktop: Desktop

Monitor resolution: 1366x768
CPU: AMD FX4300 3.80 Ghz
Graphics card: Radeon R7 240 2GB DDR3
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
SSD: No SSD
Settings: Low

What FPS Can i obtain on Low Settings?

It might get a little bit hairy in cities but you should maintain a minimum of 30 FPS everywhere else, up to 60 in open areas.

• Like 1

you have room to improve. whats your ghz?

some tweaks in the CFG could help immensely and definitely if you get over 4.0ghz some how you will see much improvement.

Also AMD known to run a bit shittier than intel, but I heard fixes are happening for that.

The CPU has 3.5 GHz. I know, although they sell it as an octa-core, it is really only a quad-core with hardware based HT. In some games my old Q6600 performs better.  I will try some options at the weekend.

I got a friend to test it for me with his 2nd gpu which is intel hd4000 he got 20fps in the cities is that average ?

I got a friend to test it for me with his 2nd gpu which is intel hd4000 he got 20fps in the cities is that average ?

thats well above average for an integrated gfx card

a very fast cpu + integrated graphics may be pretty playable, but not very beautiful.

if you dont match his other specifications, you may be sorely dissapointed.

Edited by deebz1234

Can I run it?

AMD Athlon II x2 240 2,8 ghz

PowerColor Radeon HD 7770

4 GB DDR2 RAM Team Elite 800

SSD: No

resolution: 1280x1024

appreciate the answer ;)

Edited by ichwillspitfire

Can I run it?

AMD Athlon II x2 240 2,8 ghz

PowerColor Radeon HD 7770

4 GB DDR2 RAM Team Elite 800

resolution: 1280x1024

appreciate the answer ;)

You can just about run the game, yeah. Performance won't be great, but it will be playable.

You can just about run the game, yeah. Performance won't be great, but it will be playable.

As someone who tried to run DayZ on an Athlon X2 270 (3.4Ghz) I'm inclinced to say that it won't really be "playable" until all the optimizations are complete.

Currently using an FX 4100 bulldozer OC'd to 4.1 Ghz and still occasionally dipping below 20 fps in cities.

Maybe I just have the worst luck with AMD cpus...

Deebz1234 he has the exact same as me but has a better gpu but obviously he tried it with the hd4000 and had 20fps but he was desktop and im laptop but i doubt it makes a difference in that sense if we both have the exact same cup and ram

Desktop or laptop? => Destkop

Monitor resolution: 1920x1080 60Hz

CPU: Intel i5 4570 @ 3.2 GHz, OC to 3.4 GHz

Graphics card: Radeon 7970 3 GB VRAM

RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Beast

SSD? (Yes/No) Yes :D

Which settings? 50 fps at least.

Edited by EvilTigerAce

laptop

resolution: 1920 x 1080

CPU: i7-3537U 2 GHz

Graphics card: integrated

RAM: 8GB

Windows 8

I can run it im posting this here because I want to do some upgrading and need to know my best options for running this game better.

laptop

i5-3210m 3.1ghz

4gb ddr3 ram

To be honest im not sure why i can run this so well but, on my 4 going on 5 year old laptop im running this mid range graphics without too many problems besides since the patch lag issues. Im upgrading soon anyways with a monster but at the moment this keeps chugging along well for its age.

Advent laptop

Intel quad core 2 @ 2.00ghz

Ati Radeon mobility hd 4670

4gb of ram

1440x900 resolution. 

Windows 7 32 bit

No idea how it runs it so well, but bless the thing. :)

Edited by Mr Sinister

To be honest im not sure why i can run this so well but, on my 4 going on 5 year old laptop im running this mid range graphics without too many problems besides since the patch lag issues. Im upgrading soon anyways with a monster but at the moment this keeps chugging along well for its age.

Advent laptop

Intel quad core 2 @ 2.00ghz

Ati Radeon mobility hd 4670

4gb of ram

1440x900 resolution. 

No idea how it runs it so well, but bless the thing. :)

That's my fella's specs and here are mine. I have to have everything on the lowest settings or the game is unplayable. Not sure why this is, if anyone have any idea why my performance is so terrible I would be grateful for the insight. I don't understand why he can run his mid range with no problems and I have to have everything rock bottom.

Desktop

resolution:1920x1080

CPU: i5-2320, 3.0GHz

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6670

Windows 7 (64-bit)

As someone who tried to run DayZ on an Athlon X2 270 (3.4Ghz) I'm inclinced to say that it won't really be "playable" until all the optimizations are complete.

Currently using an FX 4100 bulldozer OC'd to 4.1 Ghz and still occasionally dipping below 20 fps in cities.

Maybe I just have the worst luck with AMD cpus...

Hmm... I had a friend that used to play on an Athlon 270 and the mod was always playable for him.

Deebz1234 he has the exact same as me but has a better gpu but obviously he tried it with the hd4000 and had 20fps but he was desktop and im laptop but i doubt it makes a difference in that sense if we both have the exact same cup and ram

They don't make the i5 3230 for desktop machines, if he has an i5 it's more than likely a quad-core CPU, while yours is a dual.

Desktop or laptop? => Destkop
Monitor resolution: 1920x1080 60Hz
CPU: Intel i5 4570 @ 3.2 GHz, OC to 3.4 GHz
Graphics card: Radeon 7970 3 GB VRAM
RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Beast
SSD? (Yes/No) Yes :D

Which settings? 50 fps at least.

You won't get 50 FPS in cities regardless of settings on that system. You should maintain 50+ (for the most part) everywhere else on med-high though.

laptop
resolution: 1920 x 1080
CPU: i7-3537U 2 GHz
Graphics card: integrated
Windows 8

I can run it im posting this here because I want to do some upgrading and need to know my best options for running this game better.

Both the CPU and graphics could do with an update.

Edited by Mos1ey

Both the CPU and graphics could do with an update.

I thought as much. It is a sony viao though so if anyone could point me in the right direction for getting an external graphics card that would be great.

I thought as much. It is a sony viao though so if anyone could point me in the right direction for getting an external graphics card that would be great.

Ah, I was just skim reading as I was replying to a lot of posts and missed the part where you said it was a laptop. That definitely makes things more tricky... First of you'll have to make sure that the CPU that you plan on upgrading to is the same socket type and secondly that your motherboard's BIOS supports it. As for the graphics chip, I'm not sure you will be able to upgrade it. The laptop wasn't designed to have a graphics card, so there may not be a way to install one. You'll have to do a bit of Google-ing with your exact model number.

Failing that it might be easier (and cost about the same amount...) to just build a desktop machine.

Good luck!

Edited by Mos1ey
  • Like 1

Ah, I was just skim reading as I was replying to a lot of posts and missed the part where you said it was a laptop. That definitely makes things more tricky... First of you'll have to make sure that the CPU that you plan on upgrading to is the same socket type and secondly that your motherboard's BIOS supports it. As for the graphics chip, I'm not sure you will be able to upgrade it. The laptop wasn't designed to have a graphics card, so there may not be a way to install one. You'll have to do a bit of Google-ing with your exact model number.

Good luck!

Thanks. I'll need it.

Thanks. I'll need it.

Well I was taking a quick look to see if I could find out what socket the 3537U uses and it turns out it's a $350 dual-core 2Ghz CPU... You can buy my CPU, which is a top of the range i5 that comes clocked at 3.4Ghz (I'm running it at 4.5Ghz) for about $200. Honestly, I think you'd be better off just building a desktop machine and cutting your losses with the laptop.

AMD 6300 3.7GHZ (3.9 GHZ TURBO) DUAL-Core

4GB(1x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz 

160GB 7200Rpm SATA Hard Drive

DVDROM/DVD Reader Drive

610 GT 1GB Video Card