lundiin@live.se

Vehicles disappeared (US2)

Date/Time:

20-21th of June.

What happened:

All my vehicles was gone when I logged on.

Where you were:

Around Stary sobor/Novy sobor.

What you were doing:

Nothing, except entering the server.

*Current installed version:

Beta client 93825 / Patch 1.7.1.4.

*Server(s) you were on:

US2 - Hosted by "TAW_Tonic".

*Timeline of events before/after error:

I repaired a car I found in Story Sobor and then I drove it into the forest and logged off.

The day after (about 11 hours later) when I logged on it was gone. At first I thought it was stolen but then I went to check my other vehicles and they were gone too. I had three cars and a bicycle.

I did save all of them. Two of the vehicles has been around for a couple of days now.

Any ideas?

Same thing happen to us... We took 2 actual days fixed a vic, then was driving. Server reset while we were driving it and when the server came back online we were spawned where we last filled the vic up with fuel and the vic was no where to be found. The very next day found the truck over by where we had fixed it up off in the woods a bit. Looked in it and it had been apparently found somewhere. All the stuff we had it plus WAY more! Drove it off and hide it again. Next day server restart again for the 1.7.1.5 patch and now our vic and bike are gone... Not sure what to do, guess it was kind of a waste to fix it up only to lose it to a server restart.

Had my car dissapeared in dallas 22 yesterday.

Silver volga hidden in forest. Not sire if related or was stolen. Highly unlikely though been absent for only few hours and never had car stolen before...

sounds like you all forgot to press save vehicle.

Did you even read?

Both of us saved them several times. Also 2 of my vehicles has been through many server restarts.

11 hours around Stary and you expected them to be there :/.

Lost 2 fully loaded Urals parked away from each other in 10 mins the other day in a very out of the way location that I know is usually very empty. unless you have a guard on Duty 24/7 it is only exceedingly good luck not to loose any thing any where on map.

11 hours around Stary and you expected them to be there :/.

Lost 2 fully loaded Urals parked away from each other in 10 mins the other day in a very out of the way location that I know is usually very empty. unless you have a guard on Duty 24/7 it is only exceedingly good luck not to loose any thing any where on map.

I only had one car and a Bicycle outside stary sobor.

How you hide ur vehicles? On a open field?

I hide them behind trees, sometimes its difficult to find them even for me. 2 of the vehicles werent even in stary sobor.

had same thing happen today on us 29. two of us were on early morning and found a truck so we moved it to our camp. i log in and all tents are gone and our truck/car/atv. other people on server are saying their tents disappeared as well.

i was on us 32 colorado, i had an ATV, Blue hippy van, a white pick-up and a bus, they all had stuff in them and were all fixed with full fuel tanks, they had been saved many times by about 10 different people, and then the server restarted, and they were gone... 4 days of work gone in an instant

We on US95 had 6 transports and they disappeared in front of people's eyes. Upon restart only half of them came back and 6+ restarts later they missing ones havent respawned.

We encountered this with our v3 and offroad pickup truck. They disappeared after an update and server restart.

My group has had the same issue on the US FoE and IL 2 servers, respectively. This has also been a problem with our tents, as they have also been disappearing and reappearing (but empty).

This has happened to me before while driving, but ALL the vehicles on the server were gone. I always record all the save coordinates of all my vehicles on a google doc, so after another server reset I checked back to where they were. POOF, they were back like magic.

I find that the only "safe" place to park a vehicle is off the map. I realize the lameness of this, but there are so many hackers(I use this term lightly as the game engine does most of the work for you) that can see the location of every vehicle at all times. It's really a shame, I absolutely LOVE this mod. But despite taking every precaution in multiple locations on multiple servers, we have not been able to successfully hold onto a nice vehicle for more than 24 hours.

This doesn't apply to bikes or ATV's or the like, as most people don't care enough to steal them.

Just found 7 vehicles outside the map. Took me about 3 hours to get em all to my base, but damn, dat guy will be mad.

I just had to give you some beans for those leet skills lol.

Yeah had the same problem, found 5 vics on 3 different servers, ATV + ural on Atlanta 95, ATV on LU51 and 2 x tractor on LU203. All of them were gone after reset and yes i ALWAYS save my vehicles multiply times before i log out.. seems to be a bug atm.. a shame cuz vics are the "end game" material we have right now but cba to repair a new one if i only have it until server reset :((((

Would be nice with a response from rocket so we can confirm if its a bug or just very bad luck

Edited by turtleracer

IS A MASSIVE PROBLEM ATM AND HAS TO BE FIXED SOON! ...plx :)

Same happen to me and my friends every server restart.

build a camp. next time after server restart some cars are missed other are on other possisions (always like ~10 meters away from safe point).

in details:

first restart: get a bus, an GAZ and an old hatchback, parked in a row and safed 10 times. After server restart: bus on the same position, old hatchback beside him (moved from behind him) and GAZ is gone.

- get a Skoda, changed place about 1mile away from old camp new tents and the cars (one beside the other, order: Bus, old hatchback, Skoda)

a few restarts later: GAZ apears on exactly the same position as is was safed befor restartlost with all inside it.

next restart: old hatchback and Skoda are gone. bus was ~10meters from safe position away and a bit destroyed.

- found a bicicle. safed it with the GAZ few meters away from the other things behind a tree. Yesterday!

next server restart (today): GAZ is gone. all tents are crashed in the new camp and in the old camp. bus like ~20 meters away from old safespot, without wheels. bicycle still there.

edit (25.07.12):

next server restart: All tents back with items inside expect the one witch was empty before. Bus repaired again. Cars still lost.

this is not fun :(

some notes: safe all that is no problem we are rly paranoid so we safe all everytime 10 times :) server is "us 797" if that matters.

Edited by SiSi

Same for us on UK207, vehicles dissapear, swap (blue van becomes hilux, red lada becomes bike)

Its rather frustrating, nothing will save. Saving makes no difference. When we got those 2 back to base, the ATV had vanished. OK someone may have taken it but several teams on the server have complained that their vehicles vanished too, after we installed the patch yesterday.

• Like 1

Same happened.. We had ATV with gear in it.. gear disappeared inside atv.. next reboot the atv disappeared.. I think the Hive is complete shit.. It can't save anything constantly.

• Like 1

Our V3S turned into a bus, and our bycicle turned into a dirt bike. All of our items within the vehicles are gone. Tents were fine. We did a server restart and the bus dissapeared, the dirtbike did not.

Bug Submitted.

Same thing happened to my clan this morning.

We have a camp hidden away with several vehicles as part of our collection. Although we had more at one point, last night we had the V3S, an off-road pickup truck, an S1203 van, a tractor, and a bicycle.

When our members came on this morning, they were shocked to find none of our vehicles there. The strange part, however, was that some of our vehicles had been replaced. Specifically, the V3S was transformed into a bus, and the off-road truck was transformed into a dirt bike. These two new vehicles were literally in the exact same spots that the previous ones were. Exactly. Additionally, all of our collected gear was no longer there.

However, we decided to check one of our old camp spots (we are nomads and frequently move our camp) and we found all our vehicles there, in the exact same condition as yesterday morning or 2 nights ago (including the gear). So now we have a bus and motorcycle to add to our collection at least.

The saddest part, then, was the unfortunate luck of having almost 2 days worth of loot disappear :(

I think i got the same problem I raided a camp took a pick up truck a bus and s1203 when i came back to the camp i saw the other people stealing/moving the cars to a difrent camp, couple hours later I restart the server and gues what the only vehicles in my camp are the pickup and the spot where the bus was standing is now a bycicle, i drive back to the camp I stole it from and all the vehicles are there even the ones that those other guys stole + another pickup with the exact same gear as my pick up. some other dudes on my server report the same problem with the uaz and the ural evry server restart they just spawn back on the place they got them from.

Also the heli was blown up and I've read some where that it spawns after 7 days, I've been checking skalisty and skalka and other spawns on the wiki evryday without succes, are the vehicles bugged in dayz atm is it my server, or is it a hacker?