Sign in to follow this  
Xianyu

Standalone is an empty wasteland

That was my entire experience for the first two hours of the standalone.

Every building I found, every place I went through had been stripped bare like a plague of loot-obsessed locusts had descended on chernarus.

I found exactly two zombies, saw one survivor at a distane (which I avoided), and trekked pretty much halfway across chernarus to find an axe, a green hoodie, a pair of camo hunting pants and a motorcycle helmet. Oh, and a bandage.

That's the entire extent of my standalone experience. Just walking through the dark (even though I was on an Aussie server and it was fucking daylight- midafternoon here), finding the occasional building with doors thrown open and nothing inside, and that's pretty much it.

I'm all for bringing the game back to being hard, but this is ridiculous. It's impossible to survive outside of Clusterfuck City (IE Cherno), or Snipersville (Elektro), because trying to get anywhere else requires resources that are impossible to find now. Not because they're not spawning, but because the places have been squeezed dry.

No players. No zombies. No loot.

I'm beginning to feel like server hopping would be the only way to even get hold of a simple can of soda. And I've no doubt in my mind that it's already happening, considering that each and every single building I've come across has been looted already. From the small towns, to the chicken-coop looking things hidden in the valleys, to the barns and everything else.

Saw my first female zombie though. Put an axe through her chest. So that happened, which was nice.

Oh, and I saw about five metres worth of the new swamp before an M4 round going off nearby scared me into turning off my flashlight. So that was nice too.

The game has just been released and spawn rates for various things are still being looked at by the developers.

It will be fixed.

Awwwwww......this is not the mod ^_^

So they did not remove the M4......at all if a player already finds it so soon.

I found a bunch of stuff. Some small backpacks, a couple big ones. Lots of rotten food(which I ate and assume killed me later). Bunch of tools and a couple pistols with no ammo.

Killed around 10 zombies, and ran into another player that pointed her gun at me while I strafed away staring at each other with narrowed eyes...

Died to bleeding because I couldn't find a bandage anywhere. Found a medkit with stuff in it later. But died to "feeling sick", probably bad food or something.

Overall I'm not too impressed with the Standalone. All the different clothing/backpacks etc. are pretty cool. Different clothing holding more gear. But it seems like a big step backwards from what the mod and additional mods already has. Feels a lot clunkier to me, which is ridiculous because Arma2/DayZ was already the clunkiest game I've played in a long time. Not a big fan of the new UI either :p

I'll give it some more time though.

Alpha.

No opinions or complaints allowed ever.

Roger.

I found a bunch of stuff. Some small backpacks, a couple big ones. Lots of rotten food(which I ate and assume killed me later). Bunch of tools and a couple pistols with no ammo.

Killed around 10 zombies, and ran into another player that pointed her gun at me while I strafed away staring at each other with narrowed eyes...

Died to bleeding because I couldn't find a bandage anywhere. Found a medkit with stuff in it later. But died to "feeling sick", probably bad food or something.

Overall I'm not too impressed with the Standalone. All the different clothing/backpacks etc. are pretty cool. Different clothing holding more gear. But it seems like a big step backwards from what the mod and additional mods already has. Feels a lot clunkier to me, which is ridiculous because Arma2/DayZ was already the clunkiest game I've played in a long time. Not a big fan of the new UI either :P

I'll give it some more time though.

Take your shirt off and tear it into bandages next time you're bleeding.

Edited by Xianyu

Alpha.

No opinions or complaints allowed ever.

Roger.

Take your shirt off and tear it into bandages next time you're bleeding.

How do you do that? Just put it onto the quickbar? I tried right clicking some clothing to try that but didn't work :(

The unconcious screen is pretty lame as well. No indication if you're ever waking up. I just said fk it both times after about 5m and restarted :p

Must be unlucky OP

I was just watched a twitch stream and the two players were fully kitted out

ARs scope silencers,shite load of ammo,food and guess what they did when they first spotted another player.

Same old same old

Must be unlucky OP

I was just watched a twitch stream and the two players were fully kitted out

ARs scope silencers,shite load of ammo,food and guess what they did when they first spotted another player.

Same old same old

it begins

And I found all best stuff in the game, custom brand-new m4, 160 rounds, scopes, silencers, high-tech military gear and tons of food. All in less than 2 hours.

Switching from server to server all the time, camping market at Stary and barack at NWAF, but my character gets wiped every 2 hours so...

I noticed like 30 players doing same shit that's why this game sucks for now and I'll for private hives with no ghosting option.

Edited by George Fatality

There is a big massive "THIS IS AN EARLY ACCES GAME AND THUS IS AN UNFINISHED PRODUCT!" warning when you load up the game where you need to click "I UNDERSTAND!" in order to get on.

By clicking that did you think you were going to be logging in to a polished, 100% finished game? It's going to take another year max to get the game to the state they want it in.

Hahah I know it's early alpha and I didn't expect finished game. I don't care about floating loot, zombies in the walls, server kicks or FPS.
I'm talking about ghosting - main problem of the mod which they transfered to SA version. Just lol.

And loosssing gear, still? Rly? Characters database is the first thing that should be done. Not f**king weapons attachments or removable t-shirts.

Could be better :) I'll just wait.

Edited by George Fatality

it begins

It never ended

I think that players who are used to servers that provide mega loot, weapons, 10,000 vehicles etc etc may be disappointed in the SA.

Funny I remembered this.

And I found all best stuff in the game, custom brand-new m4, 160 rounds, scopes, silencers, high-tech military gear and tons of food. All in less than 2 hours.

Switching from server to server all the time, camping market at Stary and barack at NWAF, but my character gets wiped every 2 hours so...

I noticed like 30 players doing same shit that's why this game sucks for now and I'll for private hives with no ghosting option.

sorry, you were server hopping and you're claiming the game sucks? 

37754159.jpg

I'm quite sure everyone, including the dev team is aware of this. Complaining is allowed even in alpha, but once all you're doing is complaining, that's when we can say "it's an alpha!".

There are plenty of players ....as for and loot this will be fixed soon enough i suppose. If you don't find any loot go to another server that has loot and im happy there isn't a hundred zombies that respawn as soon as they die ....also cant have zombies beating the shit out of you constantly when your trying to find bugs and glitches due to other bugs and glitches otherwise it would be to hard to survive and you would spend most of your time looting the same houses over and over just to die again before you even head north.

Server hopping is going to be addressed  - i believe the idea is to make you wait 30 seconds or so if you change server and these waiting periods will increase exponentially if you keep changing servers in a certain timeframe. 

Oh and your actions will be logged so don't be surprised if you server hop one too many times and find yourself dead.

That was my entire experience for the first two hours of the standalone.

Every building I found, every place I went through had been stripped bare like a plague of loot-obsessed locusts had descended on chernarus.

I found exactly two zombies, saw one survivor at a distane (which I avoided), and trekked pretty much halfway across chernarus to find an axe, a green hoodie, a pair of camo hunting pants and a motorcycle helmet. Oh, and a bandage.

That's the entire extent of my standalone experience. Just walking through the dark (even though I was on an Aussie server and it was fucking daylight- midafternoon here), finding the occasional building with doors thrown open and nothing inside, and that's pretty much it.

I'm all for bringing the game back to being hard, but this is ridiculous. It's impossible to survive outside of Clusterfuck City (IE Cherno), or Snipersville (Elektro), because trying to get anywhere else requires resources that are impossible to find now. Not because they're not spawning, but because the places have been squeezed dry.

No players. No zombies. No loot.

I'm beginning to feel like server hopping would be the only way to even get hold of a simple can of soda. And I've no doubt in my mind that it's already happening, considering that each and every single building I've come across has been looted already. From the small towns, to the chicken-coop looking things hidden in the valleys, to the barns and everything else.

Saw my first female zombie though. Put an axe through her chest. So that happened, which was nice.

Oh, and I saw about five metres worth of the new swamp before an M4 round going off nearby scared me into turning off my flashlight. So that was nice too.

Image abunch of doo-doo birds being released at some sorta food at once, and then a little bit more food is dropped farther ahead, but after the first doo-doo birds leave the first feeding spot, the second flock of doo-doo birds fly in with even less food at the feeding spot..... etc etc, I hope you like my analigy <-- wrong word I know... But auto correct is only giving me the words anal and anally. 

to keep people happy they should start generous, with the loot and day cycles and such so people can actually get some time out of the game.

instead of just mad dashing up north or server hopping.

why not make loot more favorable for surviving right now and then dial it in as we go, thus letting people play a single life a bit longer.

why not have day a bit longer so people can actually see the game for what it is, maybe spreading out server load at the same time?

what is the impact on servers and fps and such if 35% of the players are server hopping just to find daylight or loot spawns?

• Like 1

People who aren't finding loot aren't looking where loot now spawns.