ProfessorShanks (DayZ)

Regarding the people complaining.

For almost a year we have been awaiting for the release of DayZ Standalone. Watching streams, Youtube videos, making fan art, and so on. For months we have been complaining about it not releasing, and how its taking "forever". 

And now it has arrived. Dean has put a lot of effort making this game what it is. 

And right now, a lot of this forum is complaining about all the problems, and how things aren't working, or about the loot spawn rate and when it spawns. HERE, LET ME JUST POST THE STEAM INFO: 
WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING. 

Did nobody read this? Stop criticizing and labeling the game. I honestly like the low spawn rate of stuff, you have to scavenge more. And when you find shit, you are more satisfied. This is NO MOD. This is the real zombie survival game it was meant to be, Im sure everyone is sorry for the people who cant camp up in buildings with guns now, so sorry for the people who cant just get the best of everything from the start. 

This wasn't supposed to be an easy game, It's god damn survival. So either quit bitching and play the game, Or get the hell off and go play something else. 

Main Problems WILL be fixed. Just. Wait.

• Like 31

It's a mixed bag, whinging/whining threads are inevitable but a lot are just trying to be helpful, pointing out different things. Hopefully we see more of the latter, especially when things die down a bit. It's too much for some people, they expected a finished game or something but got what they got and aren't pleased.

Also inb4 whinging about whinging threads ermagherd git out

• Like 1

How are they going to fix things if nobody says anything about what is broken. Fanboys like you are what is wrong with games these days "stop talking about bugs QQ they are definitely going to automatically know what is wrong and fix it within 1 day cuz devs are super awesome and near infallible"

You've also been a member of these forums for over a year and have 2 posts. You have no right to tell people what they can and can't post here. You've never done anything to try to improve DayZ and you aren't a member of the community.

Edited by Weedz
  • Like 4

I haven't actually seen that many whining threads, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

People have an obligation, as testers/players of an Alpha, like you say, to report problems. Just because it's an Alpha, doesn't mean it's above critique.

Dismissing criticism just because it's an Alpha is just as ludicrous as whining incessantly.

• Like 2

I myself am enjoying it alot! I'm a little confused yeyt with how much I need to eat and drink though. Other than that I think it's leaps and bounds better than the mod.

As said above, they really are trying to help, but don't know how to say what they want fixed in a better way, but I definetly agree it can be quite aggravating at times were some people are just being plain senseless.

Hello there

Bug reporting is nice, having a little whinge is fine but mega rants and wails are not acceptable.

We try to be fairly lax here with folk's opinions both positive and negative.

What I/we ask is keep it constructive.

I/we dislike mindless fanboi-ism as much as Vitriolic game hatred. (well almost)

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
  • Like 1

I've yet to see 1 giant rant

There is

Hello there

Bug reporting is nice, having a little whinge is fine but mega rants and wails are not acceptable.

We try to be fairly lax here with folk's opinions both positive and negative.

What I/we ask is keep it constructive.

I/we dislike mindless fanboi-ism as much as Vitriolic game hatred. (well almost)

Rgds

LoK

People are conflating bug reports with outright condemnation. I was watching a livestream a minute ago where the streamer went on a rant and basically advised people not to buy the game. Big difference people.

Prof Shanks is referring to those people that have already made up thier minds based on a few hours of Alpha, not people who are reporting bugs. And no, whining in youtube does not constitute a valid bug report.

PS Weedz: I realise that your brain may be fried, but veracity is not a function of comment volume (how often you post). A mutherfucker could sign up for this forum in five minutes, say the sky is blue, be correct, and have every "right" to say it.

Edited by 032125

For or a game to get better people must criticize the bad and the good. of the game. I find nothing wrong with a constructive rant about certain elements of the game that definitely shouldn't be there. (the text notifications) however, if someone will just insult the game and the creator saying it's shit then that is unacceptable 

How are they going to fix things if nobody says anything about what is broken. Fanboys like you are what is wrong with games these days "stop talking about bugs QQ they are definitely going to automatically know what is wrong and fix it within 1 day cuz devs are super awesome and near infallible"

You've also been a member of these forums for over a year and have 2 posts. You have no right to tell people what they can and can't post here. You've never done anything to try to improve DayZ and you aren't a member of the community.

Here is the thing there is a difference between:

The game has some flaws such as A, B, C and here are some suggestions to improve

and

This game sucks I can't believe its $30 dollars I want a refund, there are so many better mods out there wah wah wah wah Waaaaaaaaa

One is criticism the other is whining.  If people wanted a polished game and are whining because it is not then they are morons who can't read.  I am all against fan boys who cant see any faults and jump on any thing negative that is said, that is not helpful, but just being negative to be negative doesn't help either

And I find it Ironic how you say they have no right to tell people what they can or cannot do while in the same breath pretty much dismiss their point of view due to the number of posts they submitted.  I have been a member for a while, just haven't posted anything because there wasn't much to say other than join in the whining about this or that or the bitching about when Dayz was coming out. 

I find it ironic that yours in this thread are still the only posts I've seen I consider remotley close to rageing for multiple paragraphs per post. All I see is people posting bugs and what they like/don't like.

Thats called feedback not whining

Edited by Weedz

That's because the DayZ SA wasnt out. I wasnt going to help out on a mod that wasnt going to mean anything once this game came out. And now that is, here i am. 

And no, if they were posting bugs, they would do that in the correct sub-forum. Not in general discussion. For someone who is "in the community" this is probably way over your head..

Edited by ProfessorShanks

That's because the DayZ SA wasnt out. I wasnt going to help out on a mod that wasnt going to mean anything once this game came out. And now that is, here i am.

And no, if they were posting bugs, they would do that in the correct sub-forum. Not in general discussion. For someone who is "in the community" this is probably way over your head..

... and yet the only posts you've made are crying about what other people are posting.

Its also probably over your head that the bug reporting is an entire separate website not a sub-forum and that this is the internet where most people Aren't going to bother signing up for a different site.

You should probably have known that since you are now "here to help out with standalone" and clearly so much smarter than me.

Again this thread is still the only one I've seen with people posting entire page posts complaining about anything. And you're telling people to stop posting about bugs which is tHe opposite of what the devs want at this stage of the game. You apparently think this is a full release game and don't know what an alpha development build or testing means.

Edited by Weedz

Did not see any whine threads(exept this one). People just speaking out. If everyone just send flowers and offer a bj to devs, how do they know what we like and what we dont. They make the game for us not for themselves, so we can tell them what we think. Can we not?

Edited by Nienko

Whilst I agree with you on the matter of people complaining about faster zombies, and general changes that are now visible when comparing mod to standalone, these forums are still here for discussion, so threads about "What do you hope to see in the next hotfix?" and "DayZ Standalone. My first impressions!" are still completely fair game.

Not to mention Weed's above point of how logging the bugs is critical to the evolution of DayZ - but these should be logged on the tracker for the best results!

For almost a year we have been awaiting for the release of DayZ Standalone. Watching streams, Youtube videos, making fan art, and so on. For months we have been complaining about it not releasing, and how its taking "forever". 

And now it has arrived. Dean has put a lot of effort making this game what it is. 

And right now, a lot of this forum is complaining about all the problems, and how things aren't working, or about the loot spawn rate and when it spawns. HERE, LET ME JUST POST THE STEAM INFO: 

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING. 

Did nobody read this? Stop criticizing and labeling the game. I honestly like the low spawn rate of stuff, you have to scavenge more. And when you find shit, you are more satisfied. This is NO MOD. This is the real zombie survival game it was meant to be, Im sure everyone is sorry for the people who cant camp up in buildings with guns now, so sorry for the people who cant just get the best of everything from the start. 

This wasn't supposed to be an easy game, It's god damn survival. So either quit bitching and play the game, Or get the hell off and go play something else. 

Main Problems WILL be fixed. Just. Wait.

Yes it is an alpha. Thats why problems needs to be pointet out so they can be fixed. Its not complaining. If everybody were like you nothing would be fixed because everyone would be saying: Nothing wrong here.

Whilst I agree with you on the matter of people complaining about faster zombies, and general changes that are now visible when comparing mod to standalone, these forums are still here for discussion, so threads about "What do you hope to see in the next hotfix?" and "DayZ Standalone. My first impressions!" are still completely fair game.

Not to mention Weed's above point of how logging the bugs is critical to the evolution of DayZ - but these should be logged on the tracker for the best results!

people posting here also allows others to see what's wrong (and right) with the game so far and if they want to buy it yet.
  • Like 1

Pointing out what we think of as problems in a game isn't complaining.

The loot system is broken. It's only going to get worse. Ideally it'd best to keep this type of loot system but it simply isn't fair to those who join a server that's been up for awhile. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but as is it isn't working.

Second, it's only going to encourage people to server hop once they find a nice secluded spot that has loot. People are ALREADY doing it.

I'm not saying that in the future this won't be a good idea, but for right now it isn't.

Yes it is an alpha. Thats why problems needs to be pointet out so they can be fixed. Its not complaining. If everybody were like you nothing would be fixed because everyone would be saying: Nothing wrong here.

Exactly what happened to APB:reloaded which came out like 3 years ago and still has almost every gamebreaking bug from day 1 because 95% of players are fanboys and drove all the people posting bugs and giving feedback away and now there is like 1200 people paying a game that has had like 3million unique accounts created over its life.

Edited by Weedz

Pointing out what we think of as problems in a game isn't complaining.

The loot system is broken. It's only going to get worse. Ideally it'd best to keep this type of loot system but it simply isn't fair to those who join a server that's been up for awhile. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but as is it isn't working.

Second, it's only going to encourage people to server hop once they find a nice secluded spot that has loot. People are ALREADY doing it.

I'm not saying that in the future this won't be a good idea, but for right now it isn't.

we have a whole separate thread for that argument, and in that thread it is obvious opinions are mixed, some people really like the loot system. secondly there is going to be a mechanic put in place to prevent server hopping, and i'm sure that the devs are going to tweak the hunger/thirst meters so you aren't constantly in need of sustenance, which would give you a more even playing field, as you can possibly make it further inland without dropping unconscious. 

I don't care that it's not fair for me, or anyone else who joins the server a couple of hours after restart, I want it to be hard, and the best way for a game to be hard is for it to be "unfair". 

pointing out what you think of as a problem isn't complaining, but when your problem is my blessing, then obviously we're going to disagree, and surely from my point of view it's gonna seem like a complaint rather than a bug report.