Bron89

Unconcious

Apparently the people of Chernarus like to keep their food laying everywhere but the fridge so it spoils... Damn rotten fruit.

I don't mind going unconscious, its the really bad text system that fucks it over for me. I know rocket does not like it but holy shit, until I got first hand experience with it - it truly sucks.

We need the old UI temporarily until he figures out or fleshes out something better because that difference between white text and red text as an indicator really, really sucks and causes a lot of bullshit gameplay wise.

Edited by Strongtent

This is so lame.

I have to eat every couple minutes or else I get knocked out.

Rocket is trying to make us eat like 'muricans.

Pretty silly to get knocked unconscious from 1 zombie punch to the back while wearing a kevlar helmet, backpack and winter coat... lul

I have been knocked out by several methods in real life, heat exhaustion, rock to the head, standing up to quick. punch to the head.

It never lasted more then 2-3 minutes.

do the devs have any other questions I can help with.

• Like 2

Have to agree. I've only been knocked out twice and in both cases I woke up within minutes.

The real issue here is that food and drink doesn't seem to do jack.

• Like 1

Do it like you would in real life - RESPAWN

Or You will stay unconscious untill the game will be patched.

Or you could use some scripts to kill yourself (seen this on Dean's twitch stream)

lololol

So has anyone actually woken up? i was just about at the NW Airfield and dropped. ive been waiting for 45 minutes maybe almost an hour now

Please refer to the following, I believe we have figured out a solution for the unconscious issue. 

http://www.twitch.tv/thornde/c/3406492

Essentially, what is happening is you are losing blood when you don't eat/drink enough. Once your blood gets to a certain point you knock out. At this point you will just continue to remain unconscious until you get a transfusion. This IS a survival game. You NEED to drink and eat to stay alive, also it would be smart to travel in a pack.

Edited by RAMB0

This is so lame.

I have to eat every couple minutes or else I get knocked out.

Rocket is trying to make us eat like 'muricans.

Embrace the artery clogging deliciousness of freedom.

I just lost everything in Berezino. I was running towards the construction building and it looked oh so pretty. I guess my person got overly excited and fainted. My new guy is now currently running rampant in the woods somewhere near Msta.

Edited by Swordfish

Please refer to the following, I believe we have figured out a solution for the unconscious issue. 

http://www.twitch.tv/thornde/c/3406492

Essentially, what is happening is you are losing blood when you don't eat/drink enough. Once your blood gets to a certain point you knock out. At this point you will just continue to remain unconscious until you get a transfusion. This IS a survival game. You NEED to drink and eat to stay alive, also it would be smart to travel in a pack.

I'm the guy doing all of the transfusion work in the stream.

Items you need.

-Blood Bag

-IV Kit

Step by step, this is what you need to do:

Have a "willing" person that you will recieve the blood from.

Put the Blood Bag in task bar.

Use it on the person TWICE to fill the blood bag.

Combine blood bag with IV kit.

Get Transfusion kit.

Put the transfusion Kit back into your task bar.

Use on desired target.

(Note, I didnt seem to have an option to use on myself.)

(Therefore this is no Self Blood Bag).

If you're interested at all in our journey through the DayZ Standalone come watch the stream at http://www.twitch.tv/thornde.

Edited by Tonyb3
  • Like 1

This IS a survival game. You NEED to drink and eat to stay alive

Just every fckn few minutes? This is not a survival anymore now it's eating simulator

• Like 5

Just every fckn few minutes? This is not a survival anymore now it's eating simulator

Murrica sim 2013 =)

I just passed out for no reason... Nearly full health, full food/water, was looting some dead guy I found in a building. Had the weird taste prompt but I was staying by a well and drinking water and it seemed to work...

So what is this then, a bug, or something we aren't realizing? This is bullshit is what it is. Why haven't we gotten any straight answers yet? It's pointless to try to "survive" if you're just going to pass out and die anyways, and there's no way to prevent it. I have only 2 problems with SA so far, this problem with unconsciousness, and the fact that zombies are STILL broken. I can even deal with the zombies and no cars, but atm I'm not playing until this problem is sorted out.

Random unconciousness is a game breaking bug in my opinion. I was in full health and had just eaten and drank when just dropped unconcious. Watched an episode of Farscape and after about 45 minutes I was still unconcious. 

I've seen a bunch of the 'max time I've experienced posts' so I figured I'd chime in.  I'm currently unconscious and have been for 63 minutes right now--I'm timing it in case the information is helpful to the dev team.  I'll make sure to submit whatever I find out to the bug tracker topic when I get a chance.

You wont wake up from it. People have been unconcious way longer so I suggest you just respawn

Edited by JohnnyCockroach