Sign in to follow this  
tsandrey

GPU performance

I'm wondering how the game performs GPU-wise compared to Arma 2. I want to buy DayZ, but my GPU is weak, and if it's like A3 I shouldn't buy it. Rocket said that no GPU optimization was done, so I'm wondering will it perform like A2 or worse (GPU-wise)?

Edited by TSAndrey

The clientside performance isn't optimised yet, as rocket has stated in his streams. So it ispossible that the FPS will drop below 20 from time to time.

Atleast that's what it does for me.

But there's a thread about this already and it contains the mimimum power you need to have, if that gives you something to work with.

Edited by kichilron

How weak? If it is really old i would consider buying a new one. They can tell a lot about optimization there is no proof about that it really is optimized and if how far. Just wait until it's out then you will see if it's still good enough for your expectations.

How weak? If it is really old i would consider buying a new one. They can tell a lot about optimization there is no proof about that it really is optimized and if how far. Just wait until it's out then you will see if it's still good enough for your expectations.

HD Radeon 4650 (1 GB VRAM one). I know I need a new one, but I'm just wondering how it is compared to A2

but I'm just wondering how it is compared to A2

If I remember correctly I heard rocket saying it's going to be performing about the same as the mod. Shouldn't be too far off.

The game runs very well on my system at least as well as the mod,. if not better.

It is hard for me to confirm as it really depends on different elements.

I'll put my neck out and say, if you can run the mod at a decent rate you can nun DayZ retail just as well.

My system specs...

i5 2500k

8 g ram.

gtx 660 2g

W7 64b

500gb HD

Getting a steady 40 fps in the forest and open landscape, most settings on high PP and Bloom low.

This drops in big towns a little like in the Mod.

Video ram can be set to match that on your card (up to 2 gb).

Overall it plays well and I was pleasantly surprised at the begining of testing and things have improved considerably over time.

Comparing DayZ to A3 is a mistake and you should not use that as a comparison.

The people will soon be commenting on this, so wait a while and see what others have to say.

This is my Story.

• Like 1

This drops in big towns a little like in the Mod.

It's quite bad for me, sadly. :(

Overall it plays well and I was pleasantly surprised at the begining of testing and things have improved considerably over time.

I must say the FPS have improved massively for me in the past week.

Comparing DayZ to A3 is a mistake and you should not use that as a comparison.

This. I'm barely able to play A3 for some reason, even though I have an above average setup.

In addition to GPU I do remember Dean mentioning CPU is still important and having an SSD helps considerably.

Glad I prepared :)

It seems much smoother than the mod so far for me.

Getting a consistent 60FPS and max settings so far (although haven't been into a major town yet - SW airfields biggest area I've been)

This is with i5-4670K Haswell, HD7970 and running off SSD