Sign in to follow this  
piffaroni

server nukes

1) Make some kind of a whitelist system. I don't know how to do this, but I'm pretty sure you can search for it on Google.

I'm not sure about the second one. I've never had a server myself.

Edited by narkoman14

I'd PM amber hellos, he"ll know what to do with this type of thing.

• Like 3

I'd PM amber hellos, he"ll know what to do with this type of thing.

i tried to find amber hellos I couldnt

i tried to find amber hellos I couldnt

Because his name is AmberHelios.

But I don't think there's much he can do for you at this point. It's happening a lot and pretty much part of the mod.

But you can try and search for "antihack dayz" on google.

• Like 2

Because his name is AmberHelios.

But I don't think there's much he can do for you at this point. It's happening a lot and pretty much part of the mod.

But you can try and search for "antihack dayz" on google.

Ja nukes are hard to prevent you only thing you can really do is have backups and lots of admins to roll back when it happens 

• Like 2

Ja nukes are hard to prevent you only thing you can really do is have backups and lots of admins to roll back when it happens 

yes, but isnt EVERYTHING in dayz logged somewhere? There has to be a trail left somewhere

yes, but isnt EVERYTHING in dayz logged somewhere? There has to be a trail left somewhere

Experience, my padawan. Experience. You will eventually learn.

Wouldn't it be possible to remove the damage / kill effect from the nukes?

Maybe even giving a server wide health boost? >:-)

Experience, my padawan. Experience. You will eventually learn.

can you help, or will you just taunt me?

There is a limit on what you can actually do the most effective way would be to have active admins that can supervise the server via antihacks so right when it starts to kick off then can ban the player.  Most have multi GUID's so then you will need to ban the IP, once the IP is banned most have proxy so you will need to ban the range. 

Long story short as Amber Feelacio said have back ups and conduct roll backs for your actual players via staff.

• Like 2

There is a limit on what you can actually do the most effective way would be to have active admins that can supervise the server via antihacks so right when it starts to kick off then can ban the player.  Most have multi GUID's so then you will need to ban the IP, once the IP is banned most have proxy so you will need to ban the range. 

Long story short as Amber Feelacio said have back ups and conduct roll backs for your actual players via staff.

an admin cat watch 75 players at once.

Once the nuke goes off only thing to do is go into the logs and see who did it. HOW do I do this? Where do I look?

The dude is not interested in starting an admin army. He wants to know if he can check the logs to see who was hacking. I am also interested in this btw..

I dont have a provider. I have a dedi

Then I'm afraid I have no idea. Never dealt with a dedicated server before. There should be some place to check server logs, but I've no idea how to access it. This is probably something I would take to http://opendayz.net/, they know exactly what they're talking about and can help with practically everything related to coding and managing a server. Just drop a thread down and wait. It's where I learned and got into reading server logs and coding.

can you help, or will you just taunt me?

I am not taunting, I am being serious. Depending on how you set the filters up or which filters you are using the logs look completely different.

And I have yet to see a nuke on one of my servers logged, so I can't really give you advice on that.

As you're running a dedicated server you can easily make backups of your database and roll back to a certain point before it happened so the loss people had isn't that bad.

There's more you can do other than just search in logs.

Can't you add kick filters to battleye's createvehicle.txt to kick anyone who creates missiles in game?

Can't you add kick filters to battleye's createvehicle.txt to kick anyone who creates missiles in game?

My guess would be to search for "HeliExploBig" and "HeliExploSmall" and "SmallSecondary" in the createvehicle.log and to check for suspicious things in the scripts.log

But that's just pure guessing, as I haven't worked with logs in quite a while.

Everyone's using a mixture of antihacks and active Administrators these days, as that's far easier and more effective than having to check the logs after it happened.

My guess would be to search for "HeliExploBig" and "HeliExploSmall" and "SmallSecondary" in the createvehicle.log and to check for suspicious things in the scripts.log

But that's just pure guessing, as I haven't worked with logs in quite a while.

Everyone's using a mixture of antihacks and active Administrators these days, as that's far easier and more effective than having to check the logs after it happened.

Kick filters would kick someone as soon as they tried to spawn one though, I use them and it kicks hackers trying to nuke. you need to make sure you have every possible missile/vehicle that can be used as a missile on it.

Kick filters would kick someone as soon as they tried to spawn one though, I use them and it kicks hackers trying to nuke. you need to make sure you have every possible missile/vehicle that can be used as a missile on it.

care to post your file ? I dont know what files to add what to

You'd think it would be possible to trace your variables, see when all players (and vehicles, probably) died (or had alive value set to 0) and see who the only player was who was alive (or set to 1).