Forgewolf

More games coming out like DayZ

I'm talking about games like 7 Days to Die, Rust and Nether.. If DayZ doesn't release in the next couple of months.. the game could become seriously irrelevant. 

PS: I thought Alpha games are suppose to be released at a playable level? I've seen the latest Day Z footage.. It looks very playable compared to The Dead Linger.

Edited by Forgewolf

I actually have my fingers crossed, hoping it comes out in 2015. I want to be able to play when it just came out, and I get out of the military on 2015. So yeah, oh please oh please come out after 2015.

P.S. I tried out most of them, and not a single one has come even close to dayZ.

I mean, I'm a dev myself so it's really funny when you think about it. The only thing those games need is a friggin voip. Give a proximity voip and a free will, and any game will turn out to be a high-end survival game.

But VOIP server setup is a bitch. I know cause I tried...

Edited by mark3236
  • Like 2

Agreed. This game has almost seemed to be at a crawl. The amount of time these guys have had, and how much work that they have produced is not quite equal. Bohemia Interactive and Dean should have produced much more than they have now. For example, The Dead Linger. While quite not the same engine, it is pre pre alpha and is still release, I want an alpha, even with massive bugs. Im tired of waiting month after month after month just to be let down again and again. The hype is starting to wear down on this game imo.

• Like 1

All of these games are unfinished a lot. Read some reviews, checkout Steam reviews aswell...Nether is just WarZ's better brother,7 Days to Day is a bad Minecraft game with guns and lots of zombies...Rust does look very good, but to lot of people it's not worth the money at this stage because the game is pure PvP after 5 minutes of gameplay..Whenever you make a base someones gonna bring it down and still all the shit you were hard working for.

Rust might be nice, zombie, basebuilding sort of game. But in terms of options and complexity, atmosphere non of these have a chance to beat DayZ.

In my opinion, they should've kept it secret. No game has ever profited from going public before full development. Ubisoft is the best example. If they hadn't gone public with yet to release games, they would've been better off. Instead, they released news about new upcoming games, and then they postponed the release like crazy, infuriating people.

I posted things like this quite a lot of times, but I really really think Dean's team lacks a LOT of economics/marketing insight.

Don't go public at all about development, or if you went public, deliver - fast.

It's not a matter of being a fanboy or something. Imagine what would happen if iPhone 5 launch was postponed again and again and again.

Apple would've gone out of business years ago.

I know Rocket doesn't want to 'sell' his game, and I know he is developing so that he can play. I know he wants a good game.

If so, he should've remained as a modder. No one was complaining when he was programming as a mod team.

The second he announced a paid standalone, it was the same as a IPO.

If he wants to ignore PR, marketing, user satisfaction and only focus on making a good game, ditch the standalone and go back to modding.

Look at Project Reality. They are a mod team, and they are really fucking good at it. They remained as a beta for more than 3 years or so, but no one complained.

But again, Rocket's different. He is making a PAYABLE PRODUCT. That's really different. He can't be postponing the launch over and over again because 'he wants it to be good'.

If he wants it to be perfect and focus on his own development needs, go back to modding. I'll fully support the mod, and if it needs kickstarter or donation, I will donate $50, no questions asked.

However, if I'm paying even 0.99 for a paid product, I'm very mad about the situation.

He needs to deliver, fast. Seriously.

Edited by mark3236
  • Like 1

In my opinion, they should've kept it secret. No game has ever profited from going public before full development. Ubisoft is the best example. If they hadn't gone public with yet to release games, they would've been better off. Instead, they released news about new upcoming games, and then they postponed the release like crazy, infuriating people.

I posted things like this quite a lot of times, but I really really think Dean's team lacks a LOT of economics/marketing insight.

Don't go public at all about development, or if you went public, deliver - fast.

It's not a matter of being a fanboy or something. Imagine what would happen if iPhone 5 launch was postponed again and again and again.

Apple would've gone out of business years ago.

I know Rocket doesn't want to 'sell' his game, and I know he is developing so that he can play. I know he wants a good game.

If so, he should've remained as a modder.

The second he announced a paid standalone, it was the same as a IPO.

He needs to deliver, fast. Seriously.

Ah Ubisoft..

That reminds me of me and Watch_Dogs.

Trailer - Wow, that game looks fricking great

Gameplay 1 - Can't wait to play this game

Gameplay 2 - It looks way to easy, just click to hack?

Gameplay 3 - Skip skip skip

Gameplay 4 - Duuunt give a shait.

I agree, if they won't deliver the game fast. All Gimme Gimme SA will turn into, ''I don't give a crap anymore. Because you've shown me pretty much everything and the game isnt that interesting for me anymore damn, looks like the same shit all over again.''

That's why games like CoD and BF sell so good..

They show you a trailer, 1 minute gameplay month before the release and even though you we're like ''Boo it looks the same again'' they show you the good stuff and you're like ''I gotta try it out'' boom thats it.

Edited by OntyCZE
  • Like 1

Ah Ubisoft..

That reminds me of me and Watch_Dogs.

Trailer - Wow, that game looks fricking great

Gameplay 1 - Can't wait to play this game

Gameplay 2 - It looks way to easy, just click to hack?

Gameplay 3 - Skip skip skip

Gameplay 4 - Duuunt give a shait.

I agree, if they won't deliver the game fast. All Gimme Gimme SA will turn into, ''I don't give a crap anymore. Because you've shown me pretty much everything and the game isnt that interesting for me anymore damn, looks like the same shit all over again.''

That's why games like CoD and BF sell so good..

They show you a trailer, 1 minute gameplay month before the release and even though you we're like ''Boo it looks the same again'' they show you the good stuff and you're like ''I gotta try it out'' boom thats it.

Simple; marketing schemes for a quick dollar.

One way to determine how a game's going to sell good or not; just look at the video length of the trailer and wonder why things appear so quickly in the video as if there's things that are hidden in plain view. That's why I just wait for awhile, I mean at least 3 weeks to a month so I won't have "Buyer's Remorse"

• Like 2

But I played the project zomboid demo and was hooked in around 30 minutes so if your game is good then you can still sell it.

• Like 1

As long as it's not entirely focused on KoS i'm all for it...an apocalypse is not always a deathmatch, I am alive was a good but short game with a weird ending although those "cruel" parts f.e. where you threatened someone with an empty pistol were kind of forced. Too bad the main thing in the SA will be shooting until they bring out crafting and camp building ( i wonder when that will be ) until then happy trigger pulling. I'm so glad only one of our current team wants to KoS and others are focused on survival and basebuilding although they never get to build a base because they are distraced too easy by looting here and there and bringing stuff home to get it stolen because they never finished the walls :lol:

Edited by Enforcer

Listen Listen

For the 6th time today

the SA is coming out VERY soon.

There is evidence ALL over the place and from the people I have talked to it only confirms it more.

You people amuse me. Do you guys ever watch the streams? now comapre DayZ to the footage from these other games.

Call me a fan boy, but I belive that NO OTHER GAME comes close to what dayZ will be like. All these games you listed are nothing, NOTHING compared to the SA.

Besides, as levisky said, it will be out soon.

And after all, there is nothing wrong with playing other games. You guys have this sense of dissapointment, what is up with that? Good things come to those who wait.

• Like 2

I don't really understand why everyone thinks variety in a genre spells doom for any 1 specific title ... the games worth their weight will stay on top the rest will fall like the garbage they are.

Edited by SaveMeJebus
  • Like 1

I already own 7 Days to Die (haven't played since Alpha 1), Rust looks interesting to me.  I almost bought it the other night but looked at a few vids on it.  Basically a PVP oriented HD Minecraft (Call me a carebear but not a big fan of PVP, for some reason DayZ is different in that regards.  I don't actively seek out PVP nor do I go out with the intention of 'I'm gonna fuck up anyone I see who takes a shot at me.  I usually die if they see me first and are anywhere near a half decent shot.  The escape and evasion and complete randomness of it is a big thrill for me to break up the 'Okay I think there might be something I need in this next town')  Nether I've kinda heard bad things about (the taint of ScamZ lingers), Project Zomboid looks interesting but I just couldn't get into the demo.

It's a growing issue. Server's are unpaid for because of the lack of people.

Then the lack of good vanilla server's go down so less people play DayZ.

It's like on vicious continuous cycle of despair.

No, I will not try Nether, Rust or 7 days to die. They just all seem like poo to be fair.

Wrong, no game can't reach excactly the same athmosphere as SA, they can try, but they will never beat the thing that did it first.

Wrong, no game can't reach excactly the same athmosphere as SA, they can try, but they will never beat the thing that did it first.

So basically the SA can't beat the mod? :P

there are games coming out but go play them and realize that most are shit !

nether basically warz mess by same people so warz 2.0. rust = no

only game similar worth waiting for is the Forest. Dayz is fine for now so dont worry yet ;)

Why does everyone think that Rust is like DayZ? It has nothing to do, and the amount of zombies it has is 10% of the amount of zombies DayZ has. You barely see zombies in Rust; and they even said they don't want zombies, they want mutants or something like that. 

In the end I never really got to know the point of Rust. It's like they lost theirselves somewhere between survival and crafting or something like that. It just seems to have no objective other than... build stuff

Hello there

What gets to me most is the fact I keep hearing that in the last year or so "nothing" or not enough has been "done".

When one actually has to run a business/set up teams things take time. There's an awful lot of day to day "office" stuff to do and procedures to follow, and whilst that may not dominate their time it will take its toll.

Also, they've gutted a game engine and rebuilt major parts of it, and whilst that may not give you l33t dx11 lens flares it does mean that the platform is much more suited to the task than shoehorning the mod into a milsim.

This isnt just a mod, its a different ballgame with different rules. Try to remember that.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

I'm not impressed with the latest footage to be honest, I feel it has unimaginable amount of potential however it is nowhere near ready for an alpha  release. I'm kind of confused as to why they focused on adding 400 items before they worked on animations and zombies. Just my 2 cents. 

I really hope Rocket proves me wrong and it blows everything out of the water, 

• Like 1

Don't buy it then.  Simple.

They added in 400 items because they have a team working on the thing.  They don't have one guy doing everything, they have a couple guys doing modeling (items) a couple guys doing animations, couple guys doing programming, couple guys doing the map, ect.  Some things are easier to do than others.  Making a new road flare model is probably easier than configuring a building so that zombies don't run through walls, so the guy doing the item gets done before the guy doing the building.

No game has ever profited from going public before full development. 

Um.. Minecraft anyone?

• Like 1

*snip*

Im guessing yo weren't here a year and a half ago. The 'birth' (or should I say gestation) was a complete unplanned pregnancy (to follow with the analogy. DayZ MOD wasn't planned to be the success it was, a pleasant mistake (I started playing April before last, when it took 20-25 minutes just to connect to a server, and everyone had 6 AS50's in their tents... but I digress). The popularity of the MOD was so great that a SA version was planned. The SA (at that time) was really only going to be a polished mod. The circumstances of the decision to make the SA were always public. Even before a SA really became its own entity.

Um.. Minecraft anyone?

Minecraft literally did the exact opposite. :huh: