jBrick

DayZ Standalone... over a year too late.

Hidden text.

Post Deleted.

Edited by jBrick

I'm playing DayZ Standalone for the first time... I logged off.  That being said, the graphics look fine but it is a very rough and unenjoyable gaming experience at this point.  I expect prior to the game actually releasing it will improve because as of right now its unplayable.  I've also gone through this topic and read some of the very pithy replies... it would seem I'm entertaining children rather than speaking amongst adults.  Regardless, after your mom and dad go and purchase DayZ for you feel free to log in and see what two years of anticipation feel like.  I was unsurprised.

• Age 16 years old
  • Birthday June 19, 1997

'Nuff said kid... your parents should have worn a condom.

Your attitude is not pleasant. Change it.

It wasn't a year to late,just 4 days to late as BF4 made it into my sons xmass stocking.

If the release date was known it might of had a very slim chance of making the list.

After buying the Arma 3 supporter edition alfa/beta,I don't feel like giving BIS anymore money.If my sons want to blow

his hard earned lawn mowing money fine.

Don't really care about it being late.. All the talk about pricing though.. And then I went to buy it.. lo' and behold.. they didn't stick with the price either.. Nor do I see any arma 2 discount.

So, I'm reading through the board posts and literally every second post is a negative attack on standalone.  "Empty Wasteland"   "Dean Lost his Way" etc. etc. etc.  This game is an early release for TESTING purposes it isn't as polished as the mod but I expect over time it may be... and hopefully its a short period of time because right now it is basically unplayable.  But that being said, it is for TESTING!   Not the full release... TESTING!  God...

I'm actually a little shocked by the alpha release.... it feels almost as though they waited all this time and then rushed to meet a Christmas deadline.  There are glaring issues that were unaddressed, things that you know are currently in the game and yet it was still pushed through....

Edited by jBrick
  • Like 1

So, I'm reading through the board posts and literally every second post is a negative attack on standalone.  "Empty Wasteland"   "Dean Lost his Way" etc. etc. etc.  This game is an early release for TESTING purposes it isn't as polished as the mod but I expect over time it may be... and hopefully its a short period of time because right now it is basically unplayable.  But that being said, it is for TESTING!   Not the full release... TESTING!  God...

I'm actually a little shocked by the alpha release.... it feels almost as though they waited all this time and then rushed to meet a Christmas deadline.  There are glaring issues that were unaddressed, things that you know are currently in the game and yet it was still pushed through....

You got my beans for the first comment not the second. 

What I think has happened is exactly what Dean was stating, they were trying to fix a couple MAJOR issues and then would release. That means there are still tons of minor issues. Major issues like the doubled up logging in and unplayable FPS on the servers were the major things and those seem to be not happening.

You got my beans for the first comment not the second. 

What I think has happened is exactly what Dean was stating, they were trying to fix a couple MAJOR issues and then would release. That means there are still tons of minor issues. Major issues like the doubled up logging in and unplayable FPS on the servers were the major things and those seem to be not happening.

There are some issues (zombie rarity, food / water issues) that greatly diminish the game.. but I think they are inline with what this is intended to be.  HOWEVER, if you go to your steam client and look at the description of DayZ it indicates that DayZ is Now Live!  The warnings about what this is should be bigger than they are...  there is no "This is an Alpha Test and you're helping us build the game" forum post from Dean Hall on steam... and I'd be rather pissed off if I didn't know what I was getting into and ended up with this.

Gotta love how everyone uses the Alpha as an excuse for stuff beeing okay on how they are.

Why don't you guys remember Alphas of others games, or start to inform yourselfs. There is nearly no game out there, which was so much better on the Release compared to it's Alpha state. Even DayZ veterans like Summit approve of this, but you really don't need to be a veteran of anything to actually know this is true.

When I see Nether and look at DayZ, I mean who can really deny that so many things are lacking in DayZ. Even the controls are horrible...

You simply have to be a little logical at this. Be honest and look on how insanely much needs to be changed in this game. What are we looking at here? Another 1-2 years in order to get it into an acceptable state?

Do you guys really dream about this game having a chance to be better than other games? They won't improve DayZ standalone in 1-2months, this game will take years of work, specially in it's really bad state right now.

They really are way too late with this game, and it's still only here as an Alpha. How are they going to win against other games, which will and are coming out in the years they need to get this job done. My god think about it man. They need minimum another YEAR to get this into acceptable shape, do you think the other companys are sleeping and won't do anything in the meantime?

So yes, I'm disappointed and compared to so many ppl I'm not delusional enough to blame it all on "Alpha". Yes it's not ready and still in development, but there is way too much work to do. They will get this into shape in 1-2 years, gj, in the meantime others will release better games. I simply wasted my money...

Edited by sld

All I want from Dayz standalone is how the Mod is now at 1.83 coupled with smooth and none glitchy Zombies with  greatly improved Ai that make them a proper challenge and not just a annoyance.

That will do for me.