Zaipy

Languages in dayz sa

dayz will have other language? or will be only English and Spanish?

dayz will have other language? or will be only English and Spanish?

I don't see why it wouldn't be happening, seeing as the mod has different stringtables already. :)

• Like 1

Where did you get Spanish wtf? If you ment the main language English + language that's native where Bohemia Interactive is from then it'd be Czech..omfg.

Edited by OntyCZE

No word on it so far if I remember correctly, but they are planning on allowing community-made translations.

wat

Wow, way to be helpful. Not everyone speaks fluent English.

• Like 1

Where did you get Spanish wtf? If you ment the main language English + language that's native where Bohemia Interactive is from then it'd be Czech..omfg.

He was probably not sure on all the languages it is supposed to have. I'd imagine he was just making a guess.

The game will officially release English. All other languages will be fan-made. (Announced by Rocket)

He was probably not sure on all the languages it is supposed to have. I'd imagine he was just making a guess.

Could be that, but Czech is usually mistaken for Spanish. Just because it sounds pretty much the same..I've seen comments like this lately on Czech Youtube videos..Dont understand spanish and bla bla...I know who the hell knows anything about Czech Rep. But people rather make a guess instead of a quick googling.

• Like 1

I asked that question because I wanted to other languages ​​like French, Italian andPortuguese is my native language

Edited by Zaipy

I believe it's already been said, but there will be fan driven localization, somewhat like Minecraft before the 'Afrikaans Incident'.

Well Spanish is the most spoken language in the world. I think there are well over one billion people speaking it.

Well there's road signs that are in the Russian language and I believe I read somewhere that some books will be in other languages than English as well just so the location is more authentic.

Well there's road signs that are in the Russian language and I believe I read somewhere that some books will be in other languages than English as well just so the location is more authentic.

They don't mean just translating the signs, if anything that'll be something that won't be translated.  What would need to be translated is things like directions, the 'you feel hungry/thirsty' text that pop up.  Item names and their description.  The books themselves.  Imagine if DayZ was completely in Czech.

You pick up an ax and it says: požární sekery špatný stav.
You pick up a can of beans and it says, Může fazolí, infikovaných cholerou.
If you can't read you're gonna have a bad time, especially with that can of beans.

Im spanish, but I like the game in English. When everyone has the same language all the items are named the same. Everyone knows what a flare is thanks to this game, if it wasnt for it, for most of my friends it would be just "bengala" and communication with the other non-spanish players would be awful ("can you spare some..uhm..that red bright thing / do you have a .. loader.. for my gun?"). I myself learned a lot of new words thanks to this game.

Is not that important since trading is not a key part of this game like it is in any MMORPG, but still, is easy to understand each other if items are named the same for everyone.