I had been wondering, how does the people of the forums approach another player in DayZ. I would usually see if they are a hero, bandit or surviver and walk up then offer them something to eat or drink and be on my merry way.

Anything one in general. Like an off the coast surviver.

most of the time say contact bearing {insert compass coordinate} then they get lit up

Edited by Krihelion
  • Like 1

If they are an armed survivor, don't approach unless needed to.  If I have to, I approach them carefully.

Armed bandit, I kos.

Unarmed survivor/bandit I leave them be.

Hero armed or not, I embrace with.

Edited by Skat3rat
  • Like 2

There was a time when i had faith in humanity and tried to be friendly to everyone... i got shot...shot... shot...

Now i have changed my way of "getting in contact" with another player. There can be only one!

I usually hammer my prone key to lie down as fast as possible, then hit ESC and pray for the 10 sec timer to be over so I can quickly disconnect.

Obviously a joke - come on. What do you expect?

• Like 3

Well, If they have me at a dis-advantage Ill be nice. 

Give them some of my stuff and part ways.

If I get the jump on them, depending on what they have I will

A: Kill them

B: Stalk them

And lastly if I ever have Mountain Dew I find someone as soon as possible and give it to them.

Why?

Because Someone else should carry the ominous burden of the Dew

• Like 2

Get in a place were they can't see me and use VoIP, if they don't respond or drop their gun then I put a bullet in them.

I say "[Enter players name here or if there are no nametags, say person at wherever you are]  are you friendly?"

If they say no or don't respond, shoot them in the leg, and cripple them, or kill them. Just don't let them turn around and shoot you. If they say yes...Then if you feel like you can trust him, then introduce yourself, and hope they don't shoot.

Hide behind something, talk to them and tell them to drop their weapons and backpack.

If they do it, I will let the run.

If they don't, I break their legs to show I'm serious.

i say always same thing

'HALLO' :)

what happen next is for the player decide :thumbsup: :ph34r:

If I can contact them safely, I ask them if they need help.  If not, I just hide or run and leave them be.

I never say "FRIENDLY!  FRIENDLY!"  because all saying friendly means is you don't want to be shot, but doesn't ensure you won't shoot them.  If I make it apparent that I can be of use to them alive, they're more inclide to cooperate with me and reply back.  I refrain from "teaming up" with randoms though, because as time passes I become more uesful to them dead, and it gives them more opportunites to betray me.

It is true you can't trust anyone, but that doesn't mean you still can't interact without gunfire.

Survivor: Armed? Kos, unarmed? Torture, then kill.

Bandit: Armed? Kos. Unarmed? Torture, then kill.

Hero: Always torture, make it hurt.

• Like 1

Hello there

I avoid everyone.

Paranoid? Me?

You betchya!

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

Survivors are more likely to be pre-bandits than pre-heroes, so I avoid them at all costs, unless I really need something. If that's the case then I threat them in order to rob them. If he obey then I will leave him alive and if he is really cool with me I try to create a friendship with the guy.

Bandits I just KoS or torture. It depends on my mood.

Heroes I just ignore, they won't do anything with me anyway. But if a hero needs something then I may help him...

But if I have reeeeally good loot on me, that I don't want to lose anyway, I KoS any survivors or bandits in my way, and avoid heroes.

as i enjoy the game so much more interacting with others i will almost always try to make contact with the other players. 

if i am unarmed i will just walk up to them. if i get killed i have nothing to lose. 

if i am geared up i will be a lot more careful about it. i will stay hidden and observe the other player before making any moves.

bandits get shot.