Thegoon84

Dean - Sort it out man. Losing your way

The mask is fine, it just needs to look dirtier/damaged for it to fit in better.

I like the idea of all these mask! Once they have a good variety you can use them as identifiers, for clans, or for just looking scary as shit sneaking up on someone :P that was the first mask I found and I love it as well as the gas mask

You guys need to find that line between what makes good gameplay, and realism.

Here's a realistic game:

Mind as well make us take shits, disable an arm if it gets shot, have 3 months of healing a broken bone, make us trim our finger nails, and get skin cancer from the sun just because that is "realistic." Then in the end the fucking army nukes the place because that's the easiest way.

They did it for the gameplay not because YOU wouldn't wear that if zombies were real.

So I am unconsios, the person who shoots me bandages me. I am still unconsios. 

they "try to bind me" 

I just log off. And my character dies right there.

right now the game will not allow a person to "log off" with enemy close. So that will be enabled but it will auto kill you.

Correct?

Orlok, if you happy with it, go lurk in another thread? What part are you missing?

I know the forum is dead but really. 

Hello there

Please dont advise me as to what to do.

the part I am missing is your ability to realise that any mechanic that is used to grief will be addressed. You seem to be single mindedly obsessed with this one thing and seem to be unable to see answers when given to you from both myself and other members.

I dont mind you exploring the mechanics and discussing, but you give the impression that this will be a gamestopper. This is why I asked if I was missing something. Im not infallible and thought there may be a point . Im now not sure there is.

Rgds

LoK

Some people just don't seem to understand. We are not complaining about masks, we are complaining about PADAY masks(and maybe the Guy Fawkes one too). Not everyone enjoys clown masks with american flag on their (or someone's) faces in a serious survival game.

They did it for the gameplay not because YOU wouldn't wear that if zombies were real.

What did they do for gameplay? Did adding a clown mask make the gameplay better?

Edited by pazur13
  • Like 2

Hello there

Please dont advise me as to what to do.

the part I am missing is your ability to realise that any mechanic that is used to grief will be addressed. You seem to be single mindedly obsessed with this one thing and seem to be unable to see answers when given to you from both myself and other members.

I dont mind you exploring the mechanics and discussing, but you give the impression that this will be a gamestopper. This is why I asked if I was missing something. Im not infallible and thought there may be a point . Im now not sure there is.

Rgds

LoK

Ya, decide if your moderating or participating. 

My question was clear, can I opt out of being captured, The answer seems to be easy, yes, you can always in SA choose to "respawn"

Sorry you could not understand the issue easy enough to answer the question.

Ya, decide if your moderating or participating. 

My question was clear, can I opt out of being captured, The answer seems to be easy, yes, you can always in SA choose to "respawn"

Sorry you could not understand the issue easy enough to answer the question.

Dude, don't be a douchebag. OrLoK has been perfectly polite with you despite your attempts to provoke an argument.

Moderation and participation are not mutually exclusive activities - a moderator can (and indeed should be expected to) still contribute heavily to the community in non-moderation roles. In fact, he's been the only person willing to overlook your shitty attitude and actually respond to your questions/assertions, so... yeah. Maybe you could give the guy a break and cool your jets on the 'internet rebel' button for a while. But trust me, we're all super impressed.

Edited by Target Practice
  • Like 3

Hello there

Well, its mostly been said for me.

Ill leave it there, although dont get personal with those insults guys, no matter who they are aimed at please.

Rgds

LoK

So are the masks in Standalone ruining your experience?

So are the masks in Standalone ruining your experience?

Ruining, no.

However there are way too many of them, the things seem more common than food and water. At least half the players I see are wearing them.

The spawns need some serious adjustment. I assumed these would be like an easter-egg thing, not common loot...

At least half the players I see are wearing them.

Thats either a massive exaggeration, or you have terrible luck.

So someone wearing a mask in the game is ruining it for you. Why don't you email Dean with your obviously superior ideas and have the game that you didn't think of, didn't design and had 0 input created around your awesome ideas...

or how about you shut the fuck up and be glad you have a standalone..... cheeky kunts i swear..

So someone wearing a mask in the game is ruining it for you. Why don't you email Dean with your obviously superior ideas and have the game that you didn't think of, didn't design and had 0 input created around your awesome ideas...

or how about you shut the fuck up and be glad you have a standalone..... cheeky kunts i swear..

Ease up on the angry pills there brother. He has a different opinion to you, that is not a crime, and it's not worthy of telling him to STFU. Play nice. ;)

I completely agree. I'll admit when I seen the masks I ran around with it on for fun. However I found a Russian Ushanka and Gas Mask and ran around lookin like the dude from Metro 2033. Haven't strayed from that look since. I like seeing things from other games in some games to an extent. But something as childish as this mask was a bit too far. It's draggin in the CoD Kiddies thinking that they're badass with a mask from a game they haven't even played or really know of. Too further back my opinion I have some video I need to upload of a 12 year old chasing me with a Firemans Axe (<---- Reason why I was running they are OP AF) calling me a pussy, faggot, bitch, cu**, and other foul language because I wouldn't fight him and he was wearing the American Flag painted one. Really? I pay $30 to play a Survival MMO, and what do I receive? Some cock tart camping in a Fire Station with an axe that can't make farther north than the North fire station in Electro. I can understand a hockey mask, opera mask, and hell even a luchador mask. But the "Carnival" from PayDay? I expect that in Hitman more than anything, not DayZ

I completely agree. I'll admit when I seen the masks I ran around with it on for fun. However I found a Russian Ushanka and Gas Mask and ran around lookin like the dude from Metro 2033. Haven't strayed from that look since. I like seeing things from other games in some games to an extent. But something as childish as this mask was a bit too far. It's draggin in the CoD Kiddies thinking that they're badass with a mask from a game they haven't even played or really know of. Too further back my opinion I have some video I need to upload of a 12 year old chasing me with a Firemans Axe (<---- Reason why I was running they are OP AF) calling me a pussy, faggot, bitch, cu**, and other foul language because I wouldn't fight him and he was wearing the American Flag painted one. Really? I pay $30 to play a Survival MMO, and what do I receive? Some cock tart camping in a Fire Station with an axe that can't make farther north than the North fire station in Electro. I can understand a hockey mask, opera mask, and hell even a luchador mask. But the "Carnival" from PayDay? I expect that in Hitman more than anything, not DayZ

So you're judging the masks on the behaviour of one idiotic kid wearing one? :-/

I've seen plenty of folks wearing the masks who were perfectly helpful and friendly. Also, I'm not sure how you made the link that the payday masks are dragging in 'CoD kiddies' and then in the exact same sentence proclaim that they likely haven't even played the game.

The masks didn't bother me, and still don't. A certain type of mask does no more to break my immersion than BEING CHASED BY A ZOMBIE does. If I come across another player, my first thought is not going to be 'oh, he's wearing X mask, now I just remembered this is all just a game', it's going to be 'how much of a threat is he, and where can I go to avoid him seeing me?'.

the AI is down right awful. It's on par with that POS WarZ....

Zombies run the walls, doors, floors, you log out in the middle of nowhere for the night, log back in the next day and a zombie insta spawns and eats you before you can even spawn your character into the game lol.

I can live with everything else, but man the AI is really bad...it's pretty obvious why its so turned down on the server. lol

Edited by BigCountry

dean there is seriously no way this AI was rewritten. lol i hope whoever reviews this game has some mercy (once you charge that rl $, magazines/websites etc can review). you picked your poison there. :(