Zedertone

Gun Sounds

So I was playing Overwatch today and thought how awesome it'd be to have vanilla DayZ and those amazing gun sounds. The original gun sounds are so lame, and one of the main reasons I play Overwatch is purely for the walking/gun shot sounds. 

So how about new gun shot sounds or walking sounds?

• Like 4

I agree, the default weapon sounds in ArmA II sound really boring, a lot of them sound the same to me.

I guess walking sounds could do with some tweaking.

edit - maybe if i download J.S.R.S or the ACE sound mod I might check again. Perhaps the devs could look into mods like that?

Edited by dulix11
  • Like 3

I also agree. Some of the other mods have amazing gun sounds and vanilla has the crappy sounds from Arma 2. Very unrealistic sounds if I might add.

• Like 1

I think it's from the weapon packs and not from the mods of the mod themselves...but some might still be better than vanilla. JSRS rulz. No need to ask the devs to do something they never intended to, they should just give some keys to the sound modders so they are legal by the game.

Edited by Enforcer

so much yes

but i would also like for them to add an echo to the gun shots

so if its a really quiet place and you shoot a revolver it sounds epic

i always think of how cool it would be to hear a good echoed gun shot in the distance

I made a rather quick video comparing the sounds of vanilla ArmA II and the ACE sound mod, I would like to hear sounds like the ones in that mod.

• Like 2

so much yes

but i would also like for them to add an echo to the gun shots

so if its a really quiet place and you shoot a revolver it sounds epic

i always think of how cool it would be to hear a good echoed gun shot in the distance

Use JSRS sound mod, too bad 99.9% of the server admins only know how to add tons of starting gear, 24/7 day and more weapons but don't or don't know how to add the keys. :(

Edited by Enforcer

I really hope they see this suggestion, and take consideration to it.  :D

I would love more "impactful" gunshots. I hate the quiet pews of the current guns. Loud gunshots are best gunshots.

• Like 1

I would love more "impactful" gunshots. I hate the quiet pews of the current guns. Loud gunshots are best gunshots.

Agreed. :P

• Like 1

If bullets are rarer in the SA I'd love for really loud, realistic and intimidating gunshot sounds.

Shooting a bullet should show somebody really means business.

Why not grab the guns remove the firing pin and do your mocap in that and then use the same guns elsewhere shoot it once at semi auto, a burst of full, reload a couple times.

They could add a new gun a week easy.

I made a rather quick video comparing the sounds of vanilla ArmA II and the ACE sound mod, I would like to hear sounds like the ones in that mod.

That is quite an improvement, i havnt used that mod, but i noticed when facing the gun shots youre not getting the crack with the mod? do you still get it at range? Ive never minded the sound o close rounds in arma, its kinda got the crasck/thump thing right. Does the mod?

If bullets are rarer in the SA I'd love for really loud, realistic and intimidating gunshot sounds.

Shooting a bullet should show somebody really means business.

Why not grab the guns remove the firing pin and do your mocap in that and then use the same guns elsewhere shoot it once at semi auto, a burst of full, reload a couple times.

They could add a new gun a week easy.

Yeah, I want it to be wear if you hear a gunshot, you're scared shitless. 

Gun rarity to that point.