Sign in to follow this  
Karmaterror

Wiping wounds stops infection?

Right now im crawling trough the woods with a broken leg miles from anywhere I could possably find morphine...so as you can imagine I have a lot of time to idly ponder things as I slowly crawl to my inevitable death.

One of these things is, the hit that broke my legs also gave me an infection. I got the message saying I had 15mins to cure it or I would start to loose blood. When I opened up my inv to bandage I saw that I had a wipe....so to hell with it, I thought...may aswell use it. So I wiped the wound, bandaged up, and crawled off to cook some meat.

Now since that happened iv visited a deerstand and crawled the best part of 1000m towards possible morphine. Its been well over 15mins and im not loosing blood. So do the wipes stop infection there and then, or delay it?

This makes no sense at all...unless it's an open fracture but the game doesn't distinguish between them. You would have to keep a wound clean and not wipe it especially if you are crawling through the dirt.

You only get an infection if something get's into an open wound ( doesn't have to be an open fracture, a scratch is enough ). A broken bone inside a body will cause inflammation and can lead to more serious stuff if left untreated. But delaying an infection "inside" by wiping the skin "outside", NO. The game only does what the script says after all.

Well its been over an hour now and I haven't started loosing blood :D. Looks like if you wipe the wound that caused the infection before bandaging, it cures it. I think the broken bone was a random coincidence that it happened on the same hit as the infection :)

Edited by Karmaterror

Well its been over an hour now and I haven't started loosing blood :D. Looks like if you wipe the wound that caused the infection before bandaging, it cures it. I think the broken bone was a random coincidence that it happened on the same hit as the infection :)

Stops it or at least has a chance to stop infection. After 15 mins you'll need antibiotics to stop the blood loss.

I could be wrong.. I have been before.

yes they clean you from infections, while antibiotics works only in phase three of sepsis, when loosing 3 units per second.

• Like 1

When you come in contact with Sepsis, you can prevent infection prior to 15 minutes if you use antibacterial wipes so this can prevent it if you use it on time unless you want to use an antibiotic instead, wait 15 minutes.

• Like 1

Ahh I see, its the first time iv had the chance to try the wipes since the update. So I was unsure how the whole thing worked.

A small question tho.....Say I got the infection message....bandaged up and moved on. But before I start loosing blood I find some wipes. Would they still have the same effect or would it have to be done in proper order...wipe....then bandage?

You can use the wipes at any time, before or after bandaging. just so long as its no more than 30 minutes after getting sepsis.

Aha brilliant, thanks for the info. I finally feel like im 100% up to speed on the new patch :)

Does noone read the patchnotes anymore?

* [NEW] - New delayed infection called Sepsis is now active, based on blood percentage & damage done on all Zed attacks.
        Stage 1:
             The first 15 minutes
             You cannot pass the infection to others
             You do not take blood damage
             You have a warning blood icon to show infection

Stage 2:
             15 minutes - 22.5 minutes
             You cannot pass the infection on
             You lose 1 blood per second
             You have the normal blood loss icon

Stage 3:
             22.5 minutes to 30 minutes
             You cannot pass the infection to others
             You lose 2 blood per second
             Normal blood loss icon

After 30 minutes you become fully infected, you can transmit the infection to others, you lose 3 blood per second and your screen will shake. On disconnect you will become infected.

• Like 1

Does noone read the patchnotes anymore?

When did they ever? I remember people downloading a new patch for quake and being shocked when some things changed because they didn't bother to read the .txt file that came with the patch. 

Oh dear. Was too late to have read this guide and fell victim to the infection. All I had to do was drive to a medical supply (preferably military) and find myself some antibiotics. I had two working cars I had access to even. :p