kichilron

MustyGaming presents: Actual DayZ (1.8.0.3|CH:OFF|WP:OFF|3D:ON)

Musty Gaming presents

Vanilla DayZ 1.8.0.3 (IP: 184.164.146.210:2312)

to5Nc11.jpg

Do you miss the old sensation of playing DayZ? Do you think DayZ should be hard? Do you enjoy being mauled to death by hordes of Zombies?

Musty Gaming is now back with a Vanilla DayZ Server.

This server will not be customised to a ridiculous amount of extrascripts noone needs or 1,000 barracks. It is meant to be Vanilla and the only changes applied to the server are changes that make it harder.

Current changes:

• Fog. A lot of fog.
  • Reworked loot-spawns
  • Added amounts of Zombies
  • Changed the dynamic weather to be less sunny and more apocalyptic
  • Removed a few weapons from loottables
  • Infected Camps share Helicrash loot-table
  • Changed Backpack spawns
  • Custom Antihack (by AmberHelios)
  • Normal Day- / Nightcycle

More to come, such as:

• Reworked Day- / Nightcycle
  • More hardcore features
  • And much more

However, it will never be a ridiculous Private Hive with 1,000 barracks and immersionbreaking features.

sMYizcW.jpg

OJ16PkW.jpgUipJ8B4.jpg

b_560_95_1.png

Edited by kichilron
Edited at OP's approval.
  • Like 13

Ladies and gentlemen. Please take ten minutes out of your life to properly acquire a grasp on how phenomenal this is (and kichilron).

So, to this, I say:

Dean Hall had a dream that was DayZ, ladies and gentlemen. Anything other than Vanilla is not it! That is not it!

• Like 7

• Removed weapons from loottables

What exactly does this mean? No guns, or just fewer guns?

What exactly does this mean? No guns, or just fewer guns?

I believe just fewer guns.

I managed to find a gun. A single gun. After searching an office building, a grocery store, a church, and two firestations. I still don't have a pistol.

I spawned with 2 bandages and road flares. That's it. Took a good run through Elektro to get basic stuff, but I still need a knife. Also, there are so many zombies. I almost got myself cornered a couple times.

This will be a bit tougher than what I'm used to I think.

• Like 3

i too have encountered the swarm ...  makes this m4a1 cco all the more appreciated...

ps sad to say server is locked atm ...

retracted... server up!

Edited by Rott
  • Like 2

i too have encountered the swarm ...  makes this m4a1 cco all the more appreciated...

ps sad to say server is locked atm ...

retracted... server up!

If it's like the other Musty servers, it locks a few minutes before a restart. The other ones are on a 2 hour restart schedule, not sure about this one. But generally, you just have to wait a few minutes after the top of the hour to get back on.

Also, nice find on the gun. Would definitely be helpful if you get into a sticky situation.

• Like 1

I love this server, the only pity I find is the ping kick rate, it seems to kick for not much above 300? Which makes it difficult when trying to play in Aus.

• Like 1

I love this server, the only pity I find is the ping kick rate, it seems to kick for not much above 300? Which makes it difficult when trying to play in Aus.

The ping limit is 300 and we have a couple of Australian people playing, so make sure you are not downloading or streaming YouTube videos while playing or updating games in Steam, as that will greatly affect your ping to our server.

We can't really change it to anything above 300, as that will affect everyone on the server resulting in lagproblems.

• Like 5

Went on a serious run for 2 nights. Spawn in with flares and some bandage...we were on foot for a good portion of it the 1st night. Looking for vehicles spawns and trying to...get this, SURVIVE. Bandits by nature and we had to do it the hard way. Creep around cause it's dark, zombies more ferocious (You will think twice before shooting in a town for real lol). Food,drink, and meds became important like a mofo. When's the last time you heard Banditos yelling OMG A BOAR. WE NEED THAT!!!!!! Weapons are not scarce, but they are not not plentiful either.

Check out some more shots of the scenery (sorry no super fog shots, I was too mesmerized and trying to watch out for those Zeds!) BUT DAT FOG. When it kicks in for 10-20 minutes and you can see maybe 5-10 feet in front of you it redefines the game. Not so much where it's unbearable, but out of nowhere it picks up and then you're like WTF MAN!

But enough of that, back to the beauty...

IbKcVFHh.jpg

ywdQFb7h.jpg

Cheesey classic campfire scene? WHY NOT

QgVtLxKh.jpg

Skalitsky? Looks okay from this distance... ;)

JKMLJWHh.jpg

NIdxPMrh.jpg

And rain and fog...it's a regular around these parts.

TcTMPsVh.jpg

Edited by J. Prime
  • Like 3

It's been utterly amazing. I was playing it last night, and I was reminiscing on the old days. Prime and I huddling around the fire (as seen above) in a futile attempt to find some sort of heli on Skalitsky (worst idea ever), shitting my pants when I found a vest pouch, spending half the night using roads to try to find out way throughout the map, attempting to stick together in the dense fog.

I was extremely happy to find my Patrol pack, and nearly pissed my pants when I found my hunting knife (know my favorite tool in the game, along with matches). This is what DayZ used to be like. This is what DayZ is about.

Server is still fairly fresh, and there's plenty to do, and no clan has some huge advantage (hell, I've been playing for 2 days, and still can't find a compass).

This is what DayZ is about. Come join us.

• Like 4

I don't usually hype up servers, but this one is the bees knees. Everything that has been said above and more.

Two features that I think are really important and add a whole ton of immersion and difficult gameplay are the lack of waypoints and side chat.

See some movement in town and want to find out if they are friendly or not? Put on your big boy boots and go down there and talk to them, no more magical telepathy with other players due to side chat. Also no more typical side chat B.S. like: "Any friendlies in Cherno?" "Which gun is better M24 or CZ 550?" " Who's shooting at the NE?" "LOL!!!! U took 3 shots to kill me! L2aim scrub!"

Found yourself a map and are thinking about running from Cherno to NW airfield? You sure can, but don't expect to be chasing a waypoint arrow for 10 km while you sit back in your chair eating cheetos and watching reruns of Friends. Orienteering was an essential life and death skill and has been brought back in this server.

Jump in and give it a try. Not enough people for your liking? Stick around for a little bit. It takes people in the server to bring more people in.

• Like 2

Playing with head bob and first person only, good way to prep yourself for the SA. And it's just fun in general

Quite simply, you're not prepared for the Standalone if you don't at least try this server.

• Like 4

so thats the thing you worked on till morning hours! awesome job kichi - i know where i will be tomorrow evening if my time permits :)

• Like 2

Went on a serious run for 2 nights. Spawn in with flares and some bandage...we were on foot for a good portion of it the 1st night. Looking for vehicles spawns and trying to...get this, SURVIVE. Bandits by nature and we had to do it the hard way. Creep around cause it's dark, zombies more ferocious (You will think twice before shooting in a town for real lol). Food,drink, and meds became important like a mofo. When's the last time you heard Banditos yelling OMG A BOAR. WE NEED THAT!!!!!! Weapons are not scarce, but they are not not plentiful either.

Check out some more shots of the scenery (sorry no super fog shots, I was too mesmerized and trying to watch out for those Zeds!) BUT DAT FOG. When it kicks in for 10-20 minutes and you can see maybe 5-10 feet in front of you it redefines the game. Not so much where it's unbearable, but out of nowhere it picks up and then you're like WTF MAN!

But enough of that, back to the beauty...

IbKcVFHh.jpg

ywdQFb7h.jpg

Cheesey classic campfire scene? WHY NOT

QgVtLxKh.jpg

Skalitsky? Looks okay from this distance... ;)

JKMLJWHh.jpg

NIdxPMrh.jpg

And rain and fog...it's a regular around these parts.

TcTMPsVh.jpg

Like the little Musty logo in the bottom, catchy :P

• Like 1

fully kitted...after about 2 hours on hard target searches... worked on a UAZ only to log and find it gone ... happy trails... now searching for it ... locked and loaded.

• Like 2

Uno problemo: It's US: aka 200 ping servers for the Europeans. :(

The ping should be set to allow up to 300 I believe. We've had some people from Euro playing and they haven't had any real issues. Try it out and see. Maybe you will be okay! :)

Edited by J. Prime
  • Like 3

The ping should be set to allow up to 300 I believe. We've had some people from Euro playing and they haven't had any real issues. Try it out and see. Maybe you will be okay! :)

Its 350, got that on all the Musty servers :)

Edited by Drbane
  • Like 1

Uno problemo: It's US: aka 200 ping servers for the Europeans. :(

I played for the first time last night and I can happily say there were ZERO latency issues encountered, and I'm in the UK.

Musty Gaming: Actual DayZ is epic. The fog makes for such a creepy touch. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Looking forward to seeing the new PoI's being added!

• Like 2