Tumoa

proper turning animations (sa)

as title says proper turning animation when you turn while standing still. it doesn't look nice when your character turns and legs are just straight like sticks. it shouldn't be hard to implant i have seen it games done it before.

• Like 1

The animations will all be redone in SA.

i know that

have you even seen the gamplay videos of sa? turning animations doesn't look nice they don't even exist

arma 3 also doesnt have proper turning animations (at least in the dev build) - it does have side stepping, but u can turn as fast as u can and it looks like u slide instead of actually physically turning :(

Edited by h3retic

as title says proper turning animation when you turn while standing still. it doesn't look nice when your character turns and legs are just straight like sticks. it shouldn't be hard to implant i have seen it games done it before.

Neither does any other shooter afaik...but you did see when you are turning your avatar adjusts a bit unlike any other shooter right?

Neither does any other shooter afaik...but you did see when you are turning your avatar adjusts a bit unlike any other shooter right?

you see another avatars turn and seeing them not move their legs when they turn makes it look ugly. it shouldn't be that hard unless they have super complex skeleton with 50 joints then i can see a problem but they don't so i don't see a problem. in skyrim when you talk to npc from behind they turn moving their legs up and down basic leg movment

have you even seen the gamplay videos of sa? turning animations doesn't look nice they don't even exist

It's still in Pre-Alpha...

It's still in Pre-Alpha...

Actually I don't think it will be implemented at all. Would be just to much work and I think the animation-system of DayZ/Arma is just too bad designed to do that without alot of effort.

you see another avatars turn and seeing them not move their legs when they turn makes it look ugly. it shouldn't be that hard unless they have super complex skeleton with 50 joints then i can see a problem but they don't so i don't see a problem. in skyrim when you talk to npc from behind they turn moving their legs up and down basic leg movment

You can't compare those games where they focused on character interaction...of course they would make some more fluid movements and the moves are entirely focued on swoardplay and archery, if you ignore the nice bugs when you hit the enemy f.e. with arrows or you flying straight towards the sky when clubbed by a giant you could consider Skyrim to be superior but it still has a lot that needs to be improved. So far the BF series didn't improve compared to ArmA. From my experience in titles like BF or CoD your character was already shooting while the enemy was still seeing you just end your reload animation, so much for timing. ArmA is cluncky but a bit better imo. With the stop motion type of animation i don't think they can improve that much even if they wanted to. The avatars are just too stiff around the hips.

Edited by Enforcer

I want a cap on camera turn rate, humans do not turn as fast as a computer mouse can be moved.

I do. Sometimes even faster.

I feel as if there's bigger things to cover than "turning animations" lets try to get the core features of the game before worrying about how you like when fecking turn around.

I do. Sometimes even faster.

You should have seen my buddy swirl around prone like a helicopter rotor in BF2 :lol: He did the same in ArmA...

Edited by Enforcer