Sign in to follow this  
foliveira1982@gmail.com

Standalone with EPOCH features

I hope it wont have the overall Epoch character...Base building was told to be implemented later (not quite sure).

Question; what's with all the hype about Epoch lately?

• Like 1

Question; what's with all the hype about Epoch lately?

Could be becuase in epoch you can just buy everything you need, need a vehicle? go buy one, need a sniper? go buy one, need rangfinders and or NvGs go buy some.

• Like 2

Could be becuase in epoch you can just buy everything you need, need a vehicle? go buy one, need a sniper? go buy one, need rangfinders and or NvGs go buy some.

No, you dont need to buy sometimes. Because there are 8000+ heli's out there already. Self bloodbags, high military stuff, tow and lift (seriously dude, TOW and LIFT ??), and non-sense trader bullshit like currency is needed soooo much in a post-apocalyptic world.

Go on people, keep lying to yourself that you are playing the real DayZ and you are very very experienced. When SA becomes difficult as hell, you wont be able to run around with your new bought NVG's, high degree sniper rifle, range finder and precious ghillie suit...

• Like 3

Will the standalone have epoch features like structure building?

I hope it will have aspects of Epoch in it. And when I say that, I mean, I hope it will have building/resource gathering system like epoch but without anything else of the Epoch features.

Here is what we do know, Rocket stated that there will be a base building feature much later on near retail release of the game. He wasn't sure how it would look like, but he eluded to something under the ground, perhaps instanced, and raid-able by other players.

I for one hope that the devs look at Epoch and take from it the good parts and realize how much of an end game Epoch adds and how much it encourages team play when gathering/defending/attacking takes place.

And you cant shoot the trader AI and take all his shit?

I hope it will have aspects of Epoch in it. And when I say that, I mean, I hope it will have building/resource gathering system like epoch but without anything else of the Epoch features.

Here is what we do know, Rocket stated that there will be a base building feature much later on near retail release of the game. He wasn't sure how it would look like, but he eluded to something under the ground, perhaps instanced, and raid-able by other players.

I for one hope that the devs look at Epoch and take from it the good parts and realize how much of an end game Epoch adds and how much it encourages team play when gathering/defending/attacking takes place.

I imagine base building in SA will be welding together a thick metal door to a cellar entrance so it is relatively resistant but a bit of plastic explosives will make quick work of it.

I imagine base building in SA will be welding together a thick metal door to a cellar entrance so it is relatively resistant but a bit of plastic explosives will make quick work of it.

I would rather see an Epoch system than a cellar door in the middle of the woods leading to some underground bunker.

i would rather see prisons and fast boats in SA and underground bunkers then the epoch feature because 2 many bandits just wait outside of the trader zone and shoot u down and take your shit and people just hop in your cars and drive off , that happen to me 3 times wtf is wrong with people these days ??? After that i just brought a car so that stuff doesn't happen but still people are d*ckheads and get bombs and blow them up at your base or tradeing areas if they can't get in them.

#soooooooo many d heads these dayz , so ashame what has dayz come to :| 

Miss you old dayz :(

I would rather see an Epoch system than a cellar door in the middle of the woods leading to some underground bunker.

...where you can just bug through by running against the door until you are inside... something 1m underground is more effective to counter glitching into a building than a wall standing in front of you. You don't even need to use a glitch, just drive a car next to the wall and get out. You can't glitch downwards that's why i would prefer something underground with a lid on top. And...would it be realistic for someone to start building a two story ( or more ) house in the middle of an apocalype? Do we really have the time and luxury to build a foundation, walls, doors, windows then the next floor plus a roof or isn't it better to be able to clear an already provided house and fortify it instead? How many buildings have they errected in all the zombie apocalypse series...? The most people would create is a shack or something around that size or just live in a tent surrounded by barbed wire.

Edited by Enforcer
  • Like 2

One of the main reasons for going with instance based underground bunkers is performance, Correct me if im wrong but doesn't Epoch have much worse performance than vanilla dayz due to the base building?

One of the main reasons for going with instance based underground bunkers is performance, Correct me if im wrong but doesn't Epoch have much worse performance than vanilla dayz due to the base building?

It can also be caused by too much AI or bad coding or both plus weak server and too many players. Happens a lot when everyone tampers with the mission.

I didn't say that. I meant that it would be under a building or something. Practical.

i would rather see prisons and fast boats in SA and underground bunkers then the epoch feature because 2 many bandits just wait outside of the trader zone and shoot u down and take your shit and people just hop in your cars and drive off , that happen to me 3 times wtf is wrong with people these days ??? After that i just brought a car so that stuff doesn't happen but still people are d*ckheads and get bombs and blow them up at your base or tradeing areas if they can't get in them.

#soooooooo many d heads these dayz , so ashame what has dayz come to :|

Miss you old dayz :(

what the fuck.

this is all what dayz is about, being affraid to die, having to fight, not a fucking minecraft with zombies and guns.

epoch ruined all that dayz was.

...where you can just bug through by running against the door until you are inside... something 1m underground is more effective to counter glitching into a building than a wall standing in front of you. You don't even need to use a glitch, just drive a car next to the wall and get out. You can't glitch downwards that's why i would prefer something underground with a lid on top. And...would it be realistic for someone to start building a two story ( or more ) house in the middle of an apocalype? Do we really have the time and luxury to build a foundation, walls, doors, windows then the next floor plus a roof or isn't it better to be able to clear an already provided house and fortify it instead? How many buildings have they errected in all the zombie apocalypse series...? The most people would create is a shack or something around that size or just live in a tent surrounded by barbed wire.

No. I would want epoch building system in dayz without the bugs n glitched...obviously. Thats the point of making a standalone game.

what the fuck.

this is all what dayz is about, being affraid to die, having to fight, not a fucking minecraft with zombies and guns.

epoch ruined all that dayz was.

Epoch has its failures. But it adds an actual endgame n gives a reason to grp up.

No, you dont need to buy sometimes. Because there are 8000+ heli's out there already. Self bloodbags, high military stuff, tow and lift (seriously dude, TOW and LIFT ??), and non-sense trader bullshit like currency is needed soooo much in a post-apocalyptic world.

Go on people, keep lying to yourself that you are playing the real DayZ and you are very very experienced. When SA becomes difficult as hell, you wont be able to run around with your new bought NVG's, high degree sniper rifle, range finder and precious ghillie suit...

Yet another person who wants to compare a private heavily modified Epoch server to DayZ Vanilla instead of Epoch Vanilla to DayZ Vanilla. I play both and I can tell you Epoch isn't that much different from Vanilla. Trader cities can be a death trap so you only go to them if you really have to. Vehicles are no more common than in Vanilla, there is no self blood bag. In some cases it is more difficult because you can't just hunt for someone's tent to get geared up or steal someone's vehicle to get across the map. 

i genuinely hope it has no epoch features, they confirmed building of bases as an idea before epoch even existed but i hope even that never gets implimented, i just cant bear that idea. it's the standalone of DayZ, not epoch, and i hope to Woden it remains that way.